Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Is it possible to get shrinkage in the waist with One wash denim in samurai. I purchased the so500xx and was in between sizes. I need the waist to shrink a little. Thanks in advance

It is theoretically possible,the exact answer nobody will say,just to try.

Fasten buttons,to turn inside out,use a washing machine,with a maximum temperature,spin cycle and hot drying.I said nothing new.

You can omit the belt in boiling water,hold it some time to dry near the heat source.However, it is unknown what will happen with the patch,probably it breaks down (sometimes unpick if there are doubts, and then sew in place).

Can be operated for a while and then wash as described above.In this case, all parameters are guaranteed to shrink (the greatest impact on waist and inseam)

If the only problem is the waist,use a belt.After the first wash it is possible to reduce the waist and not continue to use a belt.

Thanks. Yea only prob is waist. When I bought them they fit how I would want them to fit post stretch. The size below they did not have but also would of been pretty tight. Even after they stretched. Guy at BIG said I should be able to get them shrunk some more. But was wanting advise here also. Thank you

Is it possible to get shrinkage in the waist with One wash denim in samurai. I purchased the so500xx and was in between sizes. I need the waist to shrink a little. Thanks in advance

general rule for 0500 is to size down one because of the eventual stretching. if youre going to buy them a little lose they will probably stretch out more as they soften up. the other option is to just deal with them being uncomfortable for a while if you went with the smaller size. personally i would go with the bigger size and just deal with them being a little loose and hope they dont get too loose as they soften up. its not worth being uncomfortable.

• 4 weeks later...

Buddy i need measurements for those s2000 man

Here you go, dude. S2000-RR tagged Size 35. Flat measurements. 

PRE WASH

Waist: 17.75"

Front Rise: 12.25"

Thigh (at crotch): 14"

Back Rise: 15.5"

Knee: 11"

Hem: 10"

Inseam: 33" (hemmed by 2nd)

I was worried these would shrink too much, as the waist was a bit snugger than I'd hoped for a size 35. Samurai sizing has been all over the place the last couple of years, especially with their limited and special releases. Gave them a cold wash in my crappy top loader washing machine, and took them out before the final spin cycle to let them air dry. 

POST WASH + 12 HOURS OF WEAR

Waist: 17.5"

Front Rise: 11.66"

Thigh (at crotch): 13.25"

Back Rise: 15.5"

Knee: 10.66"

Hem: 9.66"

Inseam: 31" (hemmed by 2nd)

The waist was definitely a bit smaller right after the wash, but stretched back to pre-wash measurements pretty quickly. Not sure if this is typical for Samurai 15oz denim, as this is my first experience with their denim in this weight. They will never see hot water, ever, so hopefully they don't shrink any further in the waist. Maybe one day I'll post fit pics. Wouldn't hold my breath though. 

Type: 710-BH

Worn for: 3+ years, probably 13-14 months of actual wear

Washes: 6-7, screwed up a bit at beginning with 1 soak + 1 wash and dryer which made unwanted creases leading to another wash. This may explain the rather slow fading (compared to what I can read on other models).

These are my most resilient jeans. No repairs to perform so far!

It may be a mix of the 'loose' cut, the several initial washes that may have got rid of most starch, better construction for BiG?

Whatever it is, they're rock solid.

31166308354_95be09b43b_z.jpg

31889831901_0ce5fb8692_b.jpg

31889834731_9cd418ec0e_b.jpg

32006800385_5caca6eeab_n.jpg31889844941_864245c1a3.jpg

Cheers!

Edited by vgadjo

Alright fellas

I love my 710s (top block nigh on perfect...could lose a little in the thigh but not much) but would like my new denim to have a bit more taper from the knee down. Do Samurai make a jean like that yet or not? If not, anything else I should be looking at?

Would appreciate the help

Been wearing my 710xx since this past June, albeit mostly during weekends and other off-time (no jeans at work).  I've never loved a pair quite so much.  They've traveled with me to Italy, Paris and most recently Mexico, and will join me on a weekend trip to Montreal in a couple days.  

They've gotten to the point where they've started to look different with each passing day -- there is a lot of color variety going on all over the denim right now.  They are in the wash right now but I took a couple pics yesterday.  Not the best photographer but maybe this will give an idea.  Color is pretty accurate especially in the last pic.

20170110_134415.jpg20170110_134802.jpg20170110_134529.jpg

This last pic really shows the character of the 19oz denim...so many shades of blue happening.  

On 1/8/2017 at 2:16 PM, 1fookntitefd said:

My size 36 measures as follows using the BIG method:

w 37

FR 11.5

BR 16

thigh 13.2

knee 9.5

hem 8.75

Soaked  ? 

On 1/8/2017 at 2:16 PM, 1fookntitefd said:

My size 36 measures as follows using the BIG method:

w 37

FR 11.5

BR 16

thigh 13.2

knee 9.5

hem 8.75

Soaked  ? 

^ awesome, we need more love for black denim

question - is BiG discontinuing Samurai? In the couple months they went from a very extensive inventory, to currently almost nothing. No jeans or shirts.