Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

My 0500s measure 7.75" at the hem after being hemmed to 30". Lot 15 waist 31, many hot washes and machine drys.

Hmm, thanks for letting me know!

Don't remember how much it shrank, but here are the measurements for a size W32:

More than 21cm - shy of 8 1/2"

Did you ever do any machine drying? Looks like you are getting only .25in of shrinkage based off your size. Thanks for letting me know!

Nope - no dryer used on these jeans.

..but they have been washed a couple of times over the years at 50C with proper spin (1,000-1,200 RPM).

My guess - a couple of washes and full dryer cycles could probably get you some more (incremental) shrinkage over the years at the cost of ruining the leather patch and aging the denim and sewing threads.

• 2 weeks later...

Such an impressing denim evolution seen here rrrrheian......

Well i can safely say that the 710xx denim is probably the fastest fading denim I've ever had. 

128 Days of wear, 1600+ km biked on a fixed gear, 1 wash courtesy of Indigo Shrimp's (aka Mikecch) Sugar cane soap/conditioner 

30803944101_1a8b00b3a2_o.jpg_SDG6529 by matt karai, on Flickr

30776097822_4953952aa4_o.jpg_SDG6532 by matt karai, on Flickr

Crotch is about to go on it, my naked carbon seat has IMO saved the crotch from a blowout thus far but i think it's going to go fairly soon. These are in the Denimio Contest and i have a feeling i will be reaching 5000+ KM biked come the end of the year. All the sweat has really melted the indigo off the combs while the whiskers are pretty normal for 4 months of wear, i think. 

Well i can safely say that the 710xx denim is probably the fastest fading denim I've ever had. 

128 Days of wear, 1600+ km biked on a fixed gear, 1 wash courtesy of Indigo Shrimp's (aka Mikecch) Sugar cane soap/conditioner 

You are riding a track bike in Sams in Sydney ? 

:D

_SDG6529 by matt karai, on Flickr

_SDG6532 by matt karai, on Flickr

Crotch is about to go on it, my naked carbon seat has IMO saved the crotch from a blowout thus far but i think it's going to go fairly soon. These are in the Denimio Contest and i have a feeling i will be reaching 5000+ KM biked come the end of the year. All the sweat has really melted the indigo off the combs while the whiskers are pretty normal for 4 months of wear, i think. 

reat denim evo seen here in such a short time!!!

Congrats to this great denim evo in such a short time.

I can't wait to see them after 600 wear days!!

I posted a few months ago about my pair of 19oz 710 that I gave two initial hot soaks (soak, hang dry, repeat). Can anyone give me an idea how much additional shrinkage I should expect from a cold machine wash with this particular denim?  I plan to machine wash and was wondering if I should throw em in sooner than later.

Edited by HGS