Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Looking great Chantheman!!

Going to Tokyo in a week. Where is the best place to look at Samurai? Any place have Japan exclusive stuff. Looking to pick up a real mccoy's m65 and some samurai or rjb denim.

A shop In Ueno stocks Samurai, just walk down past Hinoya, Its one of those shops further down. I can't remember the shop name but the Samurai stuff Is upstairs.

As for exclusive stuff, Its either going to be In any brands own stores or a collaboration between a store and a brand.

Looking good already!!

Going to Tokyo in a week. Where is the best place to look at Samurai? Any place have Japan exclusive stuff. Looking to pick up a real mccoy's m65 and some samurai or rjb denim.

go to the real mccoy store in between shibuya and harajuku. it's close to the meiji jinggu-mae station. the one that leads to the basement. not too sure if they had a FH/RJB store in tokyo, but for sams and FH/RJB stuff, ueno should sort you out. americaya, hinoya, hinoya plus mart etc..

go to the real mccoy store in between shibuya and harajuku. it's close to the meiji jinggu-mae station. the one that leads to the basement. not too sure if they had a FH/RJB store in tokyo, but for sams and FH/RJB stuff, ueno should sort you out. americaya, hinoya, hinoya plus mart etc..

Funny you should post this I just got back from the Real McCoy's store in shibuya and it's insane! Never seen a store like it. Self edge and blue owl are pretty sweet but the size and the amount of stuff they have in their store is nuts.

I did pick up the m65. It was pretty expensive but I have been listing after it for years now. Obviously it's extremely well made. I'll post pics once I get back to Korea.

Funny you should post this I just got back from the Real McCoy's store in shibuya and it's insane! Never seen a store like it. Self edge and blue owl are pretty sweet but the size and the amount of stuff they have in their store is nuts.

I did pick up the m65. It was pretty expensive but I have been listing after it for years now. Obviously it's extremely well made. I'll post pics once I get back to Korea.

yeah i looked at this thread rather late. the store's amazing. the exchange rate for japan is always favourable for me compared to usd. so the stuff there is always cheaper for me. the shibuya store is pretty much like a bunker..

Ah, didn't know about Statement yet. All I know is that they do great chainstitch hemming. It's only an hour from me but I have yet to visit. They carry a LOT of interesting brands, like Sugar Cane, SOC, White's Boots und a few others, and now Samurai, that's pretty cool.

Picked up a Samurai shirt from 2nd,SIN16-01 . I don't see much info on their shirts but this one is super nice. Very heavyweight, heavier than TFH, maybe a touch lighter than IH although I haven't weighed them, just going by how they feel when wearing. Lots of indigo going on with this one, apparently even the buttons are indigo dyed nut. Love that it has the indigo dyed cuff, collar and placket facing and the pockets are pretty neat, didn't take a good picture but the left chest pocket is really 2 pockets in one. Very nice for utility at work. The fabric has been left unbrushed on both sides so it was not super comfortable when I first got it, but after a wash and dry it softened up a bit and is very comfortable now. Got a bit of shrinkage in both arm and body length but nothing notable in the width of the shirt. Sizing-wise I went for a xxl and it fits just how I like. Body length is a touch longer than I typically see with Japanese shirts but I personally like that.   

Fit pic and a few closeups of the shirt

E3NJHjy.jpg

spfb0iw.jpg

usYXJta.jpg

c8RiEo0.jpg

Pudaspriest, did you take the last shirt on 2nd? I only found the red and black

I did, they actually were totally out of stock and had not updated the website so they special ordered it for me from Samurai. Only took an extra couple days, very nice of them. Pine-Avenue & SakuraStyle both have them in stock if your looking. 

I did, they actually were totally out of stock and had not updated the website so they special ordered it for me from Samurai. Only took an extra couple days, very nice of them. Pine-Avenue & SakuraStyle both have them in stock if your looking. 

looking at the size chart, I might be too big for Samurai

Question about the s0500xx jeans. On BIG, the difference between the RAW vs OW on the leg opening is .25in but it says 4-6% shrinkage. Has anyone gotten .5in off the leg opening when trying to shrink these jeans?

Im debating which fit might be better for me but don't know too much about how much Samurai jeans shrink/stretch. Currently debating between the s0511xx and the s0500xx.  

^^Morse9443

Awesome denim evolution results indeed!!!

Keep them alive for ever

They deserve it

Question about the s0500xx jeans. On BIG, the difference between the RAW vs OW on the leg opening is .25in but it says 4-6% shrinkage. Has anyone gotten .5in off the leg opening when trying to shrink these jeans?

Im debating which fit might be better for me but don't know too much about how much Samurai jeans shrink/stretch. Currently debating between the s0511xx and the s0500xx.  

My 0500s measure 7.75" at the hem after being hemmed to 30". Lot 15 waist 31, many hot washes and machine drys.