Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Here is my DWC pair of S5000VX at about 13 months, 5 washes.  Very nice pair of jeans, the character is continually changing.  The crotch is a bit thin, and I may get it darned soon.  I've got a new pair for work now, Warehouse 1001 C/L which looks a bit more professional.  These will still be weeknight/weekend jeans for quite awhile.

okmbnYS.jpgmSd3nKQ.jpgSSE4KzP.jpgPLXK29H.jpg

vlW1PLV.jpgmvz8sog.jpg

poshy

Still gonbg strong!!

Rock them hard for ever

@STP - I've been eyeing that pair of Samurai S5000COG-AI as well. I'm interested in the S5000 cut, but I'm a little hesitant that it might be too low rise and too tight thighs for my shape and taste. 

I have the S510 OG 16oz AK, which appears to be a similar denim (16oz vs 18oz) - natural indigo dyed warp and persimmon dyed weft, and has similar details. That denim is my favorite of all that I own/owned. For a natural indigo, it's not very slubby or irregular as compared to SDA or PBJ, but the color is so dark and dramatic. It is showing signs of fading, even thought I don't wear them frequently. In sunlight you can see so many variations in blues and purples, and they're all set off against the brown weft back ground. I know a lot of fella's don't like dyed weft, but I really like it. Truly special and unique denim, IMO. 

@STP - I've been eyeing that pair of Samurai S5000COG-AI as well. I'm interested in the S5000 cut, but I'm a little hesitant that it might be too low rise and too tight thighs for my shape and taste.

I have the S510 OG 16oz AK, which appears to be a similar denim (16oz vs 18oz) - natural indigo dyed warp and persimmon dyed weft, and has similar details. That denim is my favorite of all that I own/owned. For a natural indigo, it's not very slubby or irregular as compared to SDA or PBJ, but the color is so dark and dramatic. It is showing signs of fading, even thought I don't wear them frequently. In sunlight you can see so many variations in blues and purples, and they're all set off against the brown weft back ground. I know a lot of fella's don't like dyed weft, but I really like it. Truly special and unique denim, IMO.

I have to be careful when it comes to thighs. I have the same cut in the 25oz 15th Anniversary Samurai in 35 waist, which is a size down from my IH 36. The thighs are fine. FR is lowest of all cuts though.

Hope that helps.

While I've enjoyed my S5000VX, for me the cut isn't perfect I have to say.  I would like to have both front and rear rise a bit higher with wider thighs and a bit of a taper below the knee in the VX fabric.  The fabric itself wears great, and has a constantly changing character.

I think actually wearing too tight a belt with this lower cut can mess with your lower back.  

PayPal is the only way to go for overseas purchases. I've never been burned by PayPal as a buyer, credit card would be super risky. I've made purchases before from USA sellers and then my cc has been used within their head office cities....

PayPal is the only way to go for overseas purchases. I've never been burned by PayPal as a buyer, credit card would be super risky. I've made purchases before from USA sellers and then my cc has been used within their head office cities....

I've only had one purchase ever, where I needed assistance. It was with PayPal, and they came through 100%. The reason I did not want to use PayPal was because the Samursi are a pre-order. With PayPal, you only have 20 days from payment date to dispute the charge if you do not receive what you paid for, and the seller is unwilling to work with you.

I trust Rakuten completely, I was just looking for that extra level of protection because the make-up is three months out.

If they were something in stock, I would not have thought twice. In fact, I prefer to pay with PayPal.

anyone know if the

Samurai s5000AI-10SP have a lot of stretch? i bought a raw pair TTS and they measure out more like tag size raw so i think they will be too small once they are washed.

Edited by chantheman

Did buy my pair 2 sizes bigger compared to my regular (more contemporary) Samurai size.

I'm afraid, a lot of the older Samurai models, and certainly this model, where sized 1-2 sizes smaller compared to now.

Question for the board: for the "VX" fabric - how similar is the VX-branded fabric between the different weight categories?  Does it feel the same in terms of slub?  Do they fade similarly?  

I ask because I have two observations from my s711vx21oz:

1)  It's a pretty 'soft'-feeling denim.  I'm not getting the strong creases and fades that I had with another pair of loom state IH's I have, which are so stiff that I can hear the denim folding/crunching with every step (despite multiple rinses).  I was just a little surprised as I have seen some pretty impressive whiskers and honeycombs with the VX denim, while I think mine is heading more towards a "vintage" look instead of having strong contrast (doesn't really matter to me - just wanted to know for future purchases!)

2)  Overall, mine are definitely not having the usual "the indigo just falls right off"reaction that i've heard some samurais are capable of.  Definitely slower than my IH and my Momotaros.  

d -rew12 Impressing denim evo seen here!!!

Thank you!

Keep them alive for ever