Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Well BiG describe the fit as a mid rise slim taper and Denimo refer to it as tight straight. I would prefer a slim taper as I've been wearing some tight straight Iron Hearts for the last 8 months. I guess I'll just wait to hear back from them and roll the dice again. Cheers, Fellas.

I have another question for the group....Can you size down on the waist in the 24oz denim? How forgiving is it? I'd like for them to stretch back to raw size. So will it stretch an inch? This will be my first pair of Samurai jeans so I am flying blind here.

• 2 weeks later...

I know some of you have had your 710s tapered, I have never had a pair of jeans tapered before and I'm sure every pair and person is different.  To those of you that have though, did you have the entire leg tapered or just from the knee (or another point) down?  I know these are supposed to naturally taper down, but I have short legs so I still get a relatively wide leg opening.

I know some of you have had your 710s tapered, I have never had a pair of jeans tapered before and I'm sure every pair and person is different.  To those of you that have though, did you have the entire leg tapered or just from the knee (or another point) down?  I know these are supposed to naturally taper down, but I have short legs so I still get a relatively wide leg opening.

I did knee down.

Rock your great looking Samurai jeans hardcore for ever rrreyhan

Edited by swiss-jeansfreak

Yes I've got a small experience with 711vx. Approximately 7 months of wearing 2 washes & crotch repair

Awesome denim evolution on your Sammies Patrees Edited by swiss-jeansfreak

• 3 weeks later...

Dropped my pair off Railcar yesterday, brought in a pair of 3sixteen's for comparison.  Oddly enough, the measurements weren't significantly different even though the way they fit are world's apart.  They said it'd be 2-3 weeks which is fine, but I got a call today asking to confirm a thigh measurement on my comparison pair so I hope that means they're getting started on them pretty soon.  Hoping for some good results, will report back!

Never

Does anyone have the S0101LJ jacket yet?

This one: https://www.denimio.com/samurai-jeans-s0101lj-flannel-lined-denim-jacket-one-washed.html

I think I have to have it! Would love to see some more pics & evo.

I never ever saw this jacket but I would love to see a raw one of this

Never

I never ever saw this jacket but I would love to see a raw one of this

I would too!

Perhaps they went with this lighter/brighter blue washed denim cause it looks better with the khaki-ish collar?

Don't know much about the denim they used, which is why I asked.

The storm rider jacket(with hand pockets) is my 2nd favorite denim jacket model after the type 3(with hand pockets).

Ive been searching for years for a nice one(with pockets) in my size to no avail.

Seeing this one put a huge smile on my face.

Imo Samurai got so many things right with this one.

They put hand pockets on it(can you tell I like hand pockets :D ), The stitching, that Samurai tag on the chest which is hands down my all time favorite samurai logo/font, and for the lining, while they deviated from the blue & yellow stripes of the original storm rider, the stuck with the same color palette. And they nailed the slightly darker corduroy collar(I've seen some storm riders where the color looks almost yellow).

It's a strong 'buy' contender for me, but I'm gonna hold out till I see more pics and evo.

Edited by Ghost tech

^I'm pretty sure the 511's use the same 15oz Texas Cotton that the 0500's and the 15oz version of the 510's use. I have my 0500s tapered to fit roughly the same as the 511's so you can search for some fade pics of those or other peoples 0500's to get an idea of the fade potential. 

As for weave, I'd say it is on the tighter side (although honestly I don't really know). They feel pretty damn heavy, stiff and substantial for 15oz. I personally really enjoy the 15oz. It's not too heavy but not super soft like Fullcount or Warehouse so drapes a bit better in my opinion. 

Joe_poww

Wonderful denim evo seen here!! Keep us updated on them for ever

@joe_poww I forgot how much they bleed indigo! On one level, I appreciate how fast it fades but, at the same time, a slower fading process is more rewarding. I could only imagine what it'll look like when the DWC is all said and done.