Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

The cuffs start showing off perfect natural denim evolution how I like it at most

So whether it's on his next comment or his most recent one, people need to give mad rep points to Foxy2. Without his help and taking legitimate time out of his days, I wouldn't now have my Samurai s555vx jacket. Picked it up at the poste today and wore it home. Fits great though the arms are long. More details to come. Thanks Foxy2, you kick ass.

Don't mention it...

I would fix it.

Those awesome looking jeans deserve it

20160518_104848_zps0aaueuie.jpg

Haven't had time to take a really good pic of it yet but here's the first of my Samurai s555vx Jacket. It's definitely got a nice heft to it at 17 oz but still pretty damn breathable. Only problem for me is that I'm fairly barrel chested and so I had to go with the 46, which left me with long ass sleeves! I've got em cuffed. Everywhere else the jacket feels great. Looking forward to seeing this one fade. Except now it's getting too damn hot!

Looking great

I suggest to fix them now

Been enjoying the 24oz 710's. Coming up on 6 months of wear with 2 soaks at the start for shrink , daily other than a handful of times in other pairs here and there. Looking forward to the summer in these.

IMG_20160525_091351.jpg

picked these up for $40 just because why not. the rise is too short to wear. either going to give them to a friend or return them. just figured what the heck. dont see many pairs of worn and faded geisha pairs around and i'm too impatient to break out my denimio pair yet. wish these fit better

denim feels a lot heavier than texas cotton even though the weight isnt that much different.

GA0510LXX. unknown size but they fit like a  size 3. fit pics to come later.

FullSizeRender_zpswwio7ilc.jpg

FullSizeRender_1_zpsf95jsovz.jpg

FullSizeRender_2_zps7trhhejy.jpg

FullSizeRender_3_zpsoxd0vmjd.jpg

FullSizeRender_4_zpsux1gj9ff.jpg

FullSizeRender_5_zpsqbxbfaz7.jpg

IMG_5556_zpsny6rsi1h.jpg

IMG_5557_zpsnze3wwah.jpg

Edited by chantheman

Finally getting around to posting about these jeans. I bought them from Blue in Green sometime in 2010, I believe. They were mainly my winter jeans back when I lived in New Jersey. I spent more hours shoveling snow in these than I care to remember. Then I moved to Cali and after a year they got retired. I just didn't love the fit anymore. So, after about 6 years (3 years of actual wear) and 3 washes I had them tapered by Railcar. Which is one of the best denim decisions I have ever made. It's revived them, and now they're currently my favorite pair of jeans. The durability of these jeans has far exceeded my expectations. They've needed just one small repair for a hole on the right thigh. No crotch repairs and the arcurates are still going strong. Also, if you have any questions about the Railcar taper service feel free to ask.

P.S. The belt is a Samurai heavy weight stitched belt with a brass buckle. It's also from Blue In Green, it's about 7 years old.

Edit: Here's the whole album http://imgur.com/a/8eVWX

QaLmGm.jpg

3TMd7t.jpg

y4qykb.jpg

daAX6q.jpg

8zTFi1.jpg

Edited by Oktobr

^^^Beautiful denim evolution indeed Oktobr!!!

Keep go rock them hard for ever and keep us updated on them

^I generally don't wear the crotch out on of my jeans (except for a few small holes), so curious to see how long these will last! Probably helps that the rise isn't too short, they're not super slim, and get washed every couple of months. 

Edited by d-rew12

Great pair, d-rew! Fading looks very uniform if I that makes sense.  Save for the pocket items, very gradual too.

Wasn't sure if this would go in the small questions thread or here cause it can be a Samurai specific question. I was reading the Samurai fit guide and it said that the best way to get the shrinkage out is through a hot wash, but it also states that washing will cause unwanted creases.  The pair in question is the s710xx, I'd like to get the most amount of shrinkage out of them as I can, but definitely not at the risk of unwanted creasing.  Can anyone with experience give me some pointers?  Before I get the obligatory "don't baby your jeans, they're supposed to be worn hard," I understand that, but would just prefer not to have a pair of jeans with large streaks across them.

Edited by VivaMarlon

The only pair of jeans I have that has strange creases is a LVC 1955 that I got on eBay that had been lying in a closet for 10+ years. Those jeans would have kept those creases no matter what. You'll be fine if you turn them inside out, any folding creases will go away with a bit of wear. 

I have hot washed and even tumble dried my raws multiple times to maximize shrinkage. Yes my Sami as well to stay on track with Sami thread. No creases at all. If you are still concern, look up some of the one wash versions and see if there are creases. Safe bet will be no creases either, because buyers unlikely to purchase creased denim.

i follow the ues way which to me seems the most logical. soak first to lose some of the stiffness so less possibility for extreme creasing when put in the washing machine afterwards. 

got all the shrink out every time with all of my jeans.

edit: the "water level high" is important. the only time i ever got creasing on my jeans was when i washed them in a water-saving "eco" mode. 

Edited by oomslokop

^ Very true. I put my Ooe and my Warehouse on a 60 degree Eco-wash and it left creasing and permanent marks across the fabric. Very frustrating but I tell myself that none of it will show much once they are worn in. Never again... You have to get plenty of water in there.