Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Impressing denim evo on them indeed slavo!!!!

^^^

lol... nice prediction grandpa

You got me ha ha!

So the thread has been dead for over a week so I figured I'd ask a question about Kaminari soap. Has anyone used it? Swears by it? What makes is special, or is it a gimmick?

I use mine often; I don't swear by it, but it has a very nice smell, and is supposedly all-natural. Leaves my denim smelling nice and natural, and not like chemicals at all. 

Dropped into Son of a Stag yesterday and picked up a pair of 710BKB. I wanted a heavyweight black jean, and these fit the bill. I love the blue stitching, it provides a more discreet contrast to the black denim compared to other thread colours.

I have been advised to soak them while wearing, to make sure it does not get too small in the waist.

My first Samurais and looking forward to wearing them! :D

enjoy the bkb love how they fade best black denim ever & have compared them all maybe because they rope dyed both warp & weft & didn't sulfur dye.

wish they would of made it in a slimmer cut with smaller hem.

curious if they used Texas cotton haven't found any info

well...they are dyed with sulfur (AFAIK)

your right I misread is indeed sulfur dye

what i read was color is dyed black with a rope dyeing in the same way as indigo in the sulfur dye.

not sure on the method of sulfur dyeing is different otherwise with other black denim have no clue..

Edited by M3RK

Type: 710-BH

Worn for: since september 2013, probably 10-12 months of actual wear

Washes: 4-5, screwed up a bit at beginning with 1 soak + 1 wash and dryer which made unwanted creases leading to another wash. This may explain the rather slow fading (compared to what I can read on other models).

Spring update.

As mentioned above, these were washed a lot before wearing. Not sure if it got rid of most of the initial starch but I haven't needed to repair anything so far. Some kind of trade off: less intense fades but better longevity.

26737108835_e76851d649_c.jpg

26464983480_46c0a3a38a_c.jpg

26643834882_f75fa28a28.jpg26464495570_92ef9e52be.jpg

26464498320_6ecbae1f40_c.jpg

26737060085_58b6aa83e2_b.jpg

26737057515_e42c2f350a_b.jpg

Cheers

Edited by vgadjo

So I gave my BKBs a lukewarm soak. They fit perfect in the waist, but not really happy with the lack of shrink in the lower legs, so am thinking of giving the lower half a hot soak for an hour. Unless that would be a silly idea?

I woukd just cuff them

So whether it's on his next comment or his most recent one, people need to give mad rep points to Foxy2. Without his help and taking legitimate time out of his days, I wouldn't now have my Samurai s555vx jacket. Picked it up at the poste today and wore it home. Fits great though the arms are long. More details to come. Thanks Foxy2, you kick ass.

these look great my bkb have slight wear need a hem got to rock triple cuff why these seemed so much longer than any pair I've owned or maybe that's just samurais in general..

might send them off to railcar.

keep us posted @sardonicsmirk be good minute before I get these back into my rotation

these look great my bkb have slight wear need a hem got to rock triple cuff why these seemed so much longer than any pair I've owned or maybe that's just samurais in general..

might send them off to railcar.

keep us posted @sardonicsmirk be good minute before I get these back into my rotation

Thanks man. Yeah I have really want to hold off on washing these. I want them to stay as black as possible. I didn't hem mine. I did a kind of funky cuff. I have seen it called a chain stitch cuff. It takes up a lot of length and doesn't look bulky. Here is a shot of it.

UvXjoJZ.jpg?1