Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

My S0552XX was just delivered from 2nd today and I think I am too big for Japanese brands (It's a 46). The arms and chest are great where they are but i feel like the jacket is an inch too short for my liking, I'm 6'1. I'm afraid if I wash it, it will shrink some more in those areas. I may have to throw it up for sell. However, the denim is absolutely beautiful, slubby and neppy. This is actually my first samurai purchase and the detail on this is magnificent. 

@bigblack, what are the measurements on the 46"? The site only seems to go up to 44". Cheers.

It's in accordance with the trend, add 2 cm to 44's measurements.

Edited by bigblack

You can try to stretch the jacket when wet...

I certainly worked for friend of mine in regards to sleeve length and chest circumvent - not sure about body length, though.

(Getting a type 3 in XX denim myself.)

Thanks... I just wanted to check the actual measurement of the jacket in hand matched the site spec...

Shoulder - 51.5 cm 

chest - 59 cm

length - 65

sleeve - 65 cm

a little off the trend 

My S0552XX was just delivered from 2nd today and I think I am too big for Japanese brands (It's a 46). The arms and chest are great where they are but i feel like the jacket is an inch too short for my liking, I'm 6'1. I'm afraid if I wash it, it will shrink some more in those areas. I may have to throw it up for sell. However, the denim is absolutely beautiful, slubby and neppy. This is actually my first samurai purchase and the detail on this is magnificent.

that's a shame been really considering a samurai jacket but like you in 6"1 & they run a tad short on most denim jackets.

own the pbj deep indigo & it's starting to fade nicely but wish I had few extra inches in length.

they don't factor this in imo they should make two different sizing like LT & XLT for us who require for longer torso.

would like to see some fit pics of this.

I got a S553OG16oz and a S555VX-15th jacket - at the moment I would go for OG16oz denim because of the green selvedge.

Don't forget that they also re-release jackets using the XX/Texas Cotton denim - a lighter weight could be more versatile in certain climates...

If you need pics to compare the 2 types of denim or have more specific questions let me know.

I think i'm going to go with the 555 zero for a couple of reasons. One, I think i'll need the 46 and it seems the og just sold out in that size in the past few days (at 2nd). Two, iirc the zero denim is more stretchy. Both of the jackets are 17 oz. so that doesn't make a difference. I like the xx cotton but I don't see the 555 model.

On a completely different note, does anyone have any experience ordering from rakuten to Italy? I've been fine back home in the US but Italian Post makes me nervous

It will be shipped through EMS - you'll be having full transparency until Italy, maybe even within Italy.

I have never lost anything with EMS Japan (and that includes shipping to Russia) or with regular mail to Italy (lately).

Maybe Volvo can comment on his experience?

Edited by Foxy2

More pics of the 511.

But still no measurement chart

http://www.samurai-j.com/samurai/blog/?p=12540

(Thx to Buckhum)

I think this cut, in this size, on this person, in these pics, looks terrible. Looks like a cross between dad jeans and super slim skinny jeans from the Jr Miss department at JC Penny. 

Edited by mpukas

FullSizeRender

FullSizeRender 2

I just bought these S0710XX which i love, but i'm thinking i want a slightly looser fit to go alongside them this winter. As i see it there are 2 options:

S0500XX
S05000VX

I tried an after soak 34" in the 500XX but the waist was a bit too comfortable (my true waist size is 35" and i know they will give an inch over time) so i would size down to a 33". 

I'm thinking i would do the same with the S05000VX.......how much looser are they than the 0500xx? I want a straight slim fit essentially, not too slim and not to loose. 

What size are those 710XX above?

The 710XX and the 0500XX share a quite similar silhouette but the 0500XX is bigger/looser than the 710.

The S5000VX have similar thighs like the 710 but a more fitted top block. And a lower rise which might be important.

Usually I would say, if you want a little bit bigger than the 710, just take the 0500XX in the same size

UPDATE: Well I ordered through 2nd. But since my paypal account won't let me add an Italian address to be registered, it doesn't look like 2nd will be willing to do the transaction. Anybody have any other suggestions for places to order Samurai from? I'm looking for size 46 jackets.

• 2 weeks later...

Visited the Samurai store last week. Really cool store but got lost on the way there thanks to google. On the walk from the train station there was a bridge we had to walk under that was 1.4 meters tall, was kind of funny. Already bought a pair of jeans so just got myself a t-shirt. Sadly... I didn't try on in store for whatever reason (I'm an idiot), and just tried it on now. It fits fine everywhere except the neck is like a noose. I can hardly get my head through it... Oh well, cool shirt and tote bag though! If anyones interested let me know, will let it go for cheap.

26337983170_9e1b6a6b4b_z.jpg

26611350135_6d5af98be2_z.jpg

xp0u43.jpg

2zznvyq.jpg

3342drd.jpg