Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Hey everyone,

Just an update on my S710's since I've received them back. Prior to the alterations, I felt like they weren't getting as much wear as they should, due to the length as well as the fit. While scouring the forums, someone had mentioned that Railcar Fine Goods does great alteration work so therefore I decided it was necessary to send these in and have them adjusted to my liking. 

I essentially have a new pair of denim now! These were purchased in 2011, being worn for 1.5 years straight then finally being worn periodically. With these being my first pair of "premium" denim, I don't think I will ever part with them.

Awesome denim evolution results.

Rock them the hardcore way again for ever after those alterations and keep us updated on them

Hoping somebody could help please  :)

I am waist size 32.5 inches, so for the S710xx, should I go true to size? (According to blueingreen sizing, this would be tag size 31, which is 32.5 inches). From comments I have read, people have said this is the best way, but I am just worried after the shrink of 1 inch I would not be able to get into them to stretch them back out?

Hoping somebody could help please  :)

I am waist size 32.5 inches, so for the S710xx, should I go true to size? (According to blueingreen sizing, this would be tag size 31, which is 32.5 inches). From comments I have read, people have said this is the best way, but I am just worried after the shrink of 1 inch I would not be able to get into them to stretch them back out?

When in question, go true to size or size up to 32.  I think you should be fine with 31, the waist will stretch.  Personally, I haven't been too concerned with the waist as much as the back rise, thigh, and leg opening measurements.  

When in question, go true to size or size up to 32.  I think you should be fine with 31, the waist will stretch.  Personally, I haven't been too concerned with the waist as much as the back rise, thigh, and leg opening measurements.  

great thanks!

some evo of 710xx 19oz, 1y4m, rarely worn nowadays, just after a machine wash

4 soaks and 4 washes

enjoy, thanks  :)

17%20Maret%205%20800x449_zpscfsj6t2y.jpg

17%20Maret%201%20800x449_zps3gfn7aat.jpg

this happened to my patch, idk, maybe the temperature on my washing machine was too hot or it happened when I dried it under direct sunlight, happened long time ago  :sad:

17%20Maret%203%20800x449_zpstbxqjieb.jpg

anyway really enjoyed the denim  ^_^

Thanks Flo, yeah iirc my washing machine temperature was broken and it was actually really hot, but it was fixed after that, and unfortunately my sams was the victim  :mellow:

Jambol, the leather patch is really dry lol, I don't think there's hope in restoring it, anyway I'll enjoy it that way until I have a new pair to break in  :)

and thanks for all the reps guys  :D

Edited by renindra

After incorrectly sizing my first pair of unsanforized jeans back in November, I was able to sell them and buy my correct size.  I bought a pair of Samurai 710xx, hot soaked twice, got them hemmed to a 30" inseam at Self Edge.  I know this is a very popular pair but I wanted to weigh in and comment on my experience with them as well.  

For comparison, my last pair of jeans were 3sixteen ST-120x, and I was hoping for a fit similar to that (probably a mistake).  When I finally wore these out, I was a little unhappy with the fit as the leg wasn't as slim as I'm used to, but through continuous wear, I've grown to appreciate the way they fit.  If I had been able to try them before buying them, I might not have, but seeing the way they've conformed to my body I'm glad I stuck with them.  I will admit that there are still days where I feel like they are a bit unflattering, but after a few minutes of wear, they seem to shift and fit better.

I've been wearing them for going on 3 months now, but I work an office job where jeans are only allowed on Fridays, so I haven't been able to break them in and give them as much use as I'd like.  Still, the creases on the upper thigh are starting to become very well defined and show bits of lighter blue popping through.  The creases behind the knee (honeycombs) however, don't seem to be forming as solidly as I'd like, not sure if that's due to them fitting the loosest in the knee area. I've also gotten these strange vertical creases coming down from the inner side of the back pockets that I just couldn't get rid of.  I've noticed that most people have said that the back pockets are too far apart and I definitely agree with that as well, if I could change one thing, it would be that.

Lastly, and this may be a dumb question, but is there a way to soften up the shin area. I know that area gets minimal movement cause there's no tugging or bending, but it's really stiff and creates a weird bunching right above the cuff that looks strange.

Couldn't get great pictures of these by any means (iPhone camera), so I appreciate when you all post great pictures of your own pairs cause it's very difficult to get a good one. Don't have a great full length mirror to show fit pictures, but I'll post one as soon as I can.

IMG_5808.jpg

IMG_5809.jpg

Anyone have a worn pair of 711 in 33 or 34 they'd be willing to take measurements of?

Contemplating of picking up a pair but I have not purchased Samurais in around 7-8 years after switching to mostly RRL. Thinking it's about time to come back.

why my s710xx 19oz lot 18 have slightly different textures with previous lot? mine looks like less slub than previous production :o

lot 15 

sX10LZK.jpgjhjmKSi.jpg

lot 18

25393845430_382ea65bd8_c.jpg

25575991922_aaf99f96eb_c.jpg

Edited by rrreyhan

Spinning yarns and weaving fabric is not an exact science, given the facts that your main materials (cotton) are natural (quality variations), the machinery (ring spinning machines and shuttle looms) ancient and the processes (spinning, dying, weaving) more manual (modern machinery would produce more consistent results).

Add to this the possibility, that sometimes slight changes (improvements) might be intentional.

Think of it as an independently bottled, single cask whisky - each cask is unique and produces only a limited number of bottles. The next cask or a cask from a different vintage might be similar, but it is certainly different.

Samurai just dropped their jackets at 2nd. Big guys, get a 46 while you can. I just ordered a Type II for myself

S0551XX

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/2nd/item/sj-s0551xx/

S0552XX

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/2nd/item/sj-s0552xx/

S0553X

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/2nd/item/sj-s0553xx/

What is the consensus for getting max amount of shrinkage out of a pair of s710xx?  With the aid of the dryer?  and Without the dryer?

I have already hot soaked my pair twice and resulted in roughly an inch of shrink, but i can tell there is still some more left to go.

I should also point out, I've read this entire thread over the past two weeks.  This resulted in me sizing TTS.  I've read the one soak, one machine wash theory.  The fit is solid now, but my fear is they will stretch out in other areas beside the waist.  

Edited by leJoost