Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Just took delivery of my first pairs of Sams... A pair of Lot 18 S510XX19oz & Lot 18-1239 S710XX24oz... The denim is very nice especially on the 710. I purchased these from FRISBEE in Japan. Both match the measurements on their site except the waist which measure tag size pre-wash... Can't wait to wear these after hot washing.

Just took delivery of my first pairs of Sams... A pair of Lot 18 S510XX19oz & Lot 18-1239 S710XX24oz... The denim is very nice especially on the 710. I purchased these from FRISBEE in Japan. Both match the measurements on their site except the waist which measure tag size pre-wash... Can't wait to wear these after hot washing.

Hot washed both pairs today... Shrank down one size, i.e., two inches in the waist and about two and a quarter inches in the inseam. Little snug but I'm sure will drape properly with wear. I gotta tip my hat to the people at Samurai... great jeans.

About the s500OG16oz-it's dyed with a dye made out of natural indigo leaves

I don't think so.  I thought only the fabric was organic and the green colour in the edge was plant dyed. But I'm pretty sure the indigo is artificial (just from the look and it's no AI model neither).

Edited by Max Power

Just a quick pic of my S710OGs after I got done with fixing some broken stitches. Color is a tad too bright but I don't feel like messing around with the camera right now  B) Not much going on in terms of fading but sitting on my ass all day at university I shoudn't expect too much.

About 5 months of wear , 4 washes

VJkYjH6h.jpg

great timing, I was just thinking about going for a pair of 5000bk's and they look great.

In terms of sizing will my usual 32 be okay? my 32 710's fit good.

Also how does the denim shrink? wondering where to hem to achieve a final shrunk length of approx 34"

They'll shrink aorund 2", to be safe aim at 2,5". As the current 710s ran rather small, I'd suggest going up from your old 710XX. I have the 710XX (Lot 14) in 34, my BKBs (Lot 18) are 35 and my 710-DMO (Lot 18) are even 36. All fit similar in the waist. But maybe someone with the BK can help - I also find the BIG Charts helpful. Even if they seem to run a tiny bit larger than they actual are.

great timing, I was just thinking about going for a pair of 5000bk's and they look great.

In terms of sizing will my usual 32 be okay? my 32 710's fit good.

Also how does the denim shrink? wondering where to hem to achieve a final shrunk length of approx 34"

My S5000BK shrank 2" in waist and 3.5" in length. Actually, it shrank 2" after my initial hot wash, and then proceeded to shrink an additional 1.5" after subsequent washes. The waist stretches back out 2" from wear, but always shrinks back to its hot wash size, even after a cold wash. 

Yeah the 5000 has a quite fitted top block which I acutall like. But in bigger sizes, the fit below the knee can be quite wide

I love the S5000 cut. I wear boots frequently, and I found the cut perfect for that.

thanks for chiming in, I'm tall and thin - 6'1" with a 32/33" waist. I'd actually prefer a slightly slimmer cut but I love the bk denim and would like to give it a try. All the 710bk's are sold out in my size.

Hey guys!

Does anyone of you have experience with shrink/stretch of this particular Samurai Denim Western Shirt or the 10 oz Denim used?

sj-swd-l02-id-02.jpg

Even without knowing that these might shrink further I feel the need to size up one to a 40 from my regular 38. And if this size 40 would shrink further I would even pick a 42....

The IHSH-75 I own shrank 3 cm in length, 2 cm in the chest, 2 cm in arms and 4 in the shoulders.... You might not compare both denim really, but my 75 makes me wonder about the one-washing process.

My thanks ahead!! :)