Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Nice one, thanks for the help. Yeah i had a look and i believe your right, the 711 and 710's seem to be the slimmest models they do. Debating trying to pick up some s711vx 21oz.

I hear that the indigo near enough falls off samurais, compared to the likes of IH's anyway...

FreedomRenegade, what size do you run in IH vs your waist and thigh measurements?  I'm just really hoping if you do spring for the s711vx 21oz that you post fit pics!  It's really hard to tell how they would fit re: how slim or not-slim they are.  I am also planning on going in on a pair.  

I was sad that they weren't included in the Oni vs. Samurai denim competition.  Anyone know of any other wear competitions that I could sport the samurais in aside from DWC?

Edited by tdj

FreedomRenegade, what size do you run in IH vs your waist and thigh measurements?  I'm just really hoping if you do spring for the s711vx 21oz that you post fit pics!  It's really hard to tell how they would fit re: how slim or not-slim they are.  I am also planning on going in on a pair.  

I was sad that they weren't included in the Oni vs. Samurai denim competition.  Anyone know of any other wear competitions that I could sport the samurais in aside from DWC?

Im about 4 months into my IH-777 21oz which i got in a 30" waist. I cant remember the exact measurement they where but for the first month the waist and thighs where very tight. I just held out until they loosened up and now they fit perfect. Reason i went for the 777 is because they where fairly similar measurements to the apc petit standards which where my previous pair, however because they where much heavier they seemed much tighter than my apc's. (i can only assume that's the case).

Yeah if i cop some i will post some fit pics bud. Heading to Berlin on the weekend so hoping to drop into DC4 and hopefully they have some samurais in stock so i can actually try before i buy instead of just guessing!

ahh that's a wounder, anyone know of any stores that are still open? was looking forward to seeing some of them brands in store asides to online. Oh well, ill just have to go look at this wall everyone's been banging on about instead...

Edited by FreedomRenegade

One more question about the 711 vx 21oz - i have read some conflicting reports about the stretch of the denim, itself.  

1)  Some have said: "VX shrinks a lot, and they'll stretch a similar amount, so the raw measurements are pretty reflective of what the denim will look like with wear after the first soak".  

2)  Others have said: "VX doesn't shrink much, but boy do they stretch, so size down 1 or 2".  

Which do you guys feel is more accurate for the VX 21oz denim?  Plus, what do you think is the shrinkage/stretch in the thighs for VX 21oz?  I ask because for my iron hearts, I swear they lost >1in on the waist and 2in on the inseam, but absolutely nada from the thigh/legs.

Thanks for your help guys - you rock.

ahh that's a wounder, anyone know of any stores that are still open? was looking forward to seeing some of them brands in store asides to online. Oh well, ill just have to go look at this wall everyone's been banging on about instead...

There's still Burg & Schild, 14oz and Kersting & Henschel (although they're in Potsdam). But they don't reach nowhere near to DC4.

Samurai's and 21oz Iroh Hearts are opposite ends of a spectrum. I wore my 710's and my 634s both for about a year. The Samurai's have a lot of character and contrast whereas the IHs show relatively little signs of wear.

IHs regular 21 oz denim is washed and is designed to fade as slow as possible (according to Giles/Haraki). Most other IH denims that were made the last years are the exact opposite, fading very quick and with high contrast. It results in fades that I don't find very appealing: thick lines, strong contrast but not much texture& marbling. Samurai generally gives up indigo as easy but more even over the whole fabric, resulting in brighter shades of blue. And of course they have more slubs and texture in the fabric right from the start. That's of course generally speaking.

Edited by Max Power

Thanks Max. I have no other personal experience with IH jeans other than the signature 21oz denim (maybe one day I will try others though). In the meantime, I agree with everything you said about Samurais. For what its worth, I personally like the 19oz sam denim much more than IH's 21oz denim - way more character.

Hello

I hope it is okay that i open a new thread for this. I spent my last 2 days trying to figure this out...

I am planning to buy Samurai Texas Cotton 15 OZ.

I am really struggling hard to find out which size i should buy. I have a 37.4" (95 cm) waist. I only own one pair of Jeans Levi's size tag size 33, they stretched out over time to 34.6" (44 cm flat measured). Almost impossible to close them.

All my other pants, have stretch material, which makes them stretch to fit. Tag size 34".

I sent an email to Samurai, the guy told me i should go for a 38" so that i will be able to move well. I hope you can understand my confusion now, it's a big jump from 34 to 38 :D.

But what confuses me even more, is, people here in the forums claim Samurai stretch back to pre - wash size or even more.

The guy from Samurai on the other hand said (quote) "The jeans will stretch back about 1-2cm in waist after wearing for weeks
since the denim is made by 100% cotton which stretch and become softer gradually."

It is a big difference between 0.4" / 0.8" and "back to pre soak". Can anyone comment on this?

Can you give me any advice which size to go for? I for sure don't want a tight fit. I need at least 13" thigh size.

Does anyone how much the front rise would shrink with soak?

The size chart is pre soak.

sam_s510xx15oz.jpg

Thank you a lot guys and kind regards

100% pure artificial indigo.

I answered your question on reddit before your entry was deleted (?).

Better ask in the general Samurai thread. But I still think size 36 could work.

Also forget about the tag size of jeans/pants you wore before. Vanity sizing is a big thing in fashion 

100% pure artificial indigo.

I answered your question on reddit before your entry was deleted (?).

Better ask in the general Samurai thread. But I still think size 36 could work.

Also forget about the tag size of jeans/pants you wore before. Vanity sizing is a big thing in fashion 

Do you know if Samurai used organic cotton on this pair?

And do you know if they used natural indigo on this pair? Samurai Jeans S500OG16oz 16th Anniversary

Edited by Tiluzzo

One more question about the 711 vx 21oz - i have read some conflicting reports about the stretch of the denim, itself.  
1)  Some have said: "VX shrinks a lot, and they'll stretch a similar amount, so the raw measurements are pretty reflective of what the denim will look like with wear after the first soak".  
2)  Others have said: "VX doesn't shrink much, but boy do they stretch, so size down 1 or 2".  

Which do you guys feel is more accurate for the VX 21oz denim?  Plus, what do you think is the shrinkage/stretch in the thighs for VX 21oz?  I ask because for my iron hearts, I swear they lost >1in on the waist and 2in on the inseam, but absolutely nada from the thigh/legs.

Thanks for your help guys - you rock.

I wore S5000VX21 a while ago, so I had to dig up my tracker... 

VX21 measured 32" waist raw. Hot wash, hot dry, shrank to 31" waist. Stretched back out to 32.5" worn. 

Thighs measured 13" raw. Hot wash, hot dry, shrank to 12" thigh. Didn't really stretch back out. Does that mean I have 24" or smaller thighs? haha.