Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Received the DMOs from apba1166 and soaked them several times. Will post up pics tomorrow but wow this denim is really nice. Definitely some nice nep to it. First samurai's too so this should be fun. Anyone notice that the buttons are smaller than usual? Maybe it's just me though.

Just put on the 710-DMOs after two hot soaks and my feeling is that there is quite a bit of stretch potential here.  I didn't get quite as much shrinkage as I had expected...only about 4%.  They fit great at the moment, just a bit on the snug side.  I have no doubt they'll loosen up over the next week.  

I must say, I'm loving this cut in a lighter weight denim.  Very comfortable.  

Here is some more info about the new fit, and some other new models for the upcoming year. Although it's all in japanese it has pics!

http://www.spiraljeans.jp/exhibition/%E3%82%B5%E3%83%A0%E3%83%A9%E3%82%A4%E3%82%B8%E3%83%BC%E3%83%B3%E3%82%BA/2016%E6%98%A5%E5%A4%8F%E3%82%B8%E3%83%BC%E3%83%B3%E3%82%BA/

this info caught my attention, I'm curious about the s511xx, I've wanted to try the 15oz fabric, it's too hot in Bali to wear something heavier than that I think, I've been wearing the 19oz for a year and I really feel that it's getting hotter and hotter...

the thing is, will it be a loose cut? I know there was a cut called s511 (Honten limited cmiiw) but not much info I found about them. I wanted a slim pair, something that will fit either like s003jp, s710xx or s711vx, but we'll see for sure, the description said they will be around on may, if i'm not mistaken. The 18oz fabric with persimmon dye is interesting too though, but I'm not into the fit, yet   :D

another thing, will they be available at any store or just in that spiral jeans, something exclusive to them?

If only there's more info about it, but anyway we'll see, I'm interested. :)

I don’t really get the point. You say they wanted to use this contest as a PR-campaign, yet you say Denimio didn’t want others to see the contest/fades/results. This doesn’t really add up to me…when I am doing a PR-campaign I want to raise the awareness of the masses and make the information easily available to “everyoneâ€.

Then again, Denimio is pretty active on Instagram and maybe there target audience is just different to those old guys like me ;)

But for a contest with 200+ contestants it didn’t really make waves and I only happen to see the winner on

Denimio’s IG.

Edit: but maybe I am too centered on Sufu as “the main denim forumâ€

On other news, next year Samurai is releasing a new cut. The S0511XX. From the sounds of it, it looks like a tapered cut with a normal rise. Sounds a bit like 710 to me but we will see. Will be available in 15oz Texas Cotton denim.

Anything besides Sufu is just tryin

I got an email from denimio saying that a 36 became available again. So i got me this one. Soaked the size 35, but they're still damp and I might pass them on to a well known user. I'm not going to try and stretch them so they fit, 36 will be much better. According to denimio they should have a waist of 94 cm - 4cm more than the 35.

Pics after soaking:

DSC_9591.jpg

DSC_9594.jpg

DSC_9595.jpg

DSC_9596.jpg

DSC_9597.jpg

DSC_9601.jpg

DSC_9602.jpg

Click to enlarge:

DSC_9590.jpg

Edited by Max Power

Flo sends them to me and if they fit, I will keep them :)

I am half tempted to create a special "Samurai-Geisha"-thread for everyone from the Sufu-crowd who got a pair ...

I support this idea.

31's

_I3A3933%20copy_zpse9ojqdu4.jpg

30's

_I3A3788%20copy_zpsipll6xas.jpg

Have you soaked your 31s yet? Looking to find out the shrinkage you got? Especially in the waist and thigh as my 30s are good at the moment but unsure if they will tighten and then loosen back out with wear or not. 

Sorry for the annoying first post - unsure if this is the given thing to just get stuck in or not. Thanks. 

YOW! Those are perfect! Samurai denim is insanely nice, I was really impressed with a really worn pair i felt waiting to be repaired at self edge.

Thanks man! Yeah I might bring them into SESF and heave them fix'm up for me for the new year. The 21oz denim is surprisingly forgiving. Still with my 3012 on the way, these PR beaters I probably wont wear them as much as I would like.

Also I've been eyeing your grail so you a Laxlife bought to get some PM's after the holidays.  B)  :ph34r2: