Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

I received my DMO today. I like everything about them. But they are too small in the waist for me. So if anyone wants a pair, we can deal (I am in the U.S.A.)

Arcs are much more subtle than in photos. I think they work nicely.

Anyway I got a 34. Measures 34" waist, 13" thigh (straight across from crotch), 11" rise.

Edited by apba1166

710dmo size 34 just finished drying. I did a lukewarm 1 hr soak. I'm real glad I sized up because they shrank quite a bit in the top block. They seemed to stretch out in the 15mins I was wearing them though. I would suggest starting with a cool/warm soak if you're afraid of the shrink. Going to get them hemmed at Blue Owl tomorrow. I'll post some fit pics tonight.

Also these things hemorrhage indigo. I was leaving streaks of indigo on my bathroom floor. Watch where you sit!

Edited by Babyson

How much shrink did you get on the 34s? 

I just initiated my return and I'm tempted to go all the way up to a 38 from a 35, as the sizing chart is showing a 37 inch waist on the 38.  

On a related note, anyone have sizing info on the 24oz S710s?  Curious about how much shrink/stretch y'all are getting.  

How much shrink did you get on the 34s?

I just initiated my return and I'm tempted to go all the way up to a 38 from a 35, as the sizing chart is showing a 37 inch waist on the 38.

I didn't measure because I didn't have a ruler but the 34 dmos fit almost exactly like my 33 xx. This was immediately after a warm soak I bet they would stretch out some. They definitely have some more shrink in them but they fit pretty good where they're at. Pre soak the waste was definitely equal to or smaller than my 33 710xx. Edited by Babyson

sorry but might be a dumb question. Whats with the major price difference between the 710 24oz on BiG and on Denimio??

Denimio lists their prices in yen and the yen is weak compared to the dollar right now. Also when you buy from Denimio you're buying directly from Japan. BiG has to import them, which probably has associated costs.

Denimio lists their prices in yen and the yen is weak compared to the dollar right now. Also when you buy from Denimio you're buying directly from Japan. BiG has to import them, which probably has associated costs.

so there should be no differences between the jeans right? guess i fucked up. gonna return to BiG and reorder from Denimio 

Domestic US stores have to pay import fees/taxes, etc. compared to Japanese base stores. And they don't get much discount from the brands, if any. So they have to mark up products to cover their additional costs + profit. Cost of doing business. 

What you get in return is solid customer service and the ability to return/exchange goods. But usually you'll get a store credit if you make a return, not a refund. Check the vendor's return policy or you might be disappointed. It's bad form to use them to try on goods and then go and buy them cheaper from Japanese vendors. 

When you buy from Japan (being US based) it's a roll of the dice - if you don't like what you bought, or it's doesn't fit the way you thought it would, or is the wrong size, you're stuck with it. You can try to sell the them as used goods, but most often you'll get significantly less than what you paid. Been there many times. 

The Yen is weak right now, and the price difference can be significant. Some domestic stores have dropped their prices on some brnads. SE recently some dropped prices. 

710dmo size 34 just finished drying. I did a lukewarm 1 hr soak. I'm real glad I sized up because they shrank quite a bit in the top block. They seemed to stretch out in the 15mins I was wearing them though. I would suggest starting with a cool/warm soak if you're afraid of the shrink. Going to get them hemmed at Blue Owl tomorrow. I'll post some fit pics tonight.

Also these things hemorrhage indigo. I was leaving streaks of indigo on my bathroom floor. Watch where you sit!

What were your measurements for the thigh and waist post-soak?

Xpost from Reddit

http://imgur.com/a/ia7e4

Got these in the mail the other day! Denimios new collaboration with Samurai in the 710 cut. These are a size 34. Mini review time.

**Fabric**

These jeans were made using the geisha denim. Normally geisha denim is once washed but this is raw. It is 16oz and slubby. The slub is tiny compared to denim like SG 11xx or Onis 14oz fabric. I was also surprised by how much nep these had. Like little snowballs all over. They were also extremely stiff, you can see starch on them after I soaked them.

**Details**

When Samurai asked Denimio what kind of details they wanted Denimio said "fuck them up fam." There are soooooo many little details thrown it to these it's amazing. Personally that's what I love about Samurai, the hidden and not so hidden details. I'm glad they got to go crazy. I'll just list them because I could go on forever about the details...

The fabric on the back pocket is rotated 90 degrees, the fabric on the coin pocket is herringbone, the top button is gold and the rest are black, the rivets are what they use on the geisha denim, the selvedge is pink with a silver stripe in it like the xx denim and I the back pockets have hidden selvedge and are freaking lined. And they are numbered. Wow.

**Fit**

Denimio really pulled a fast one and people are mad, and rightfully so. The sizing is undersized compared to other 710 models. I got lucky. I sized up because I wanted some jeans which weren't so tight. When I'm bulking I can't fit in to my 710xx in size 33 so I wanted 710s that were a size bigger. They fit like 33s. The thighs look like they have a lot of room but they don't. The fabric is just real stiff and lays weird. Overall I'm happy with the fit so far. I'm waiting to see how much they stretch then I'll probably soak them again. Samurai are notorious for being stubborn and you usually have to soak them a few times. Going to Blue Owl tomorrow for a hem job.

I'm real happy with these. I love all the crazy details they packed in to these. I'm gonna get them hemmed and probably store them for a while so I can destroy my 710xx.

If you have any questions feel free to ask!

If you hate leg twist you're going to hate these, selvedge on the left leg has twisted 90degrees. The selvedge on the coin pocket is green and silver! Whoa!

Did a lukewarm soak, measurements using BiG method as follows:

Waist - 33"

Front rise - 11"

Back rise - 14.5"

Upper thigh - 12.5"

Knee - 9.25"

Hem - 8"

Inseam - 36.5"

Yes, I went with 35. My old 710XX was 34 and the BKBs 35 (who were tight at first but after moving the button became my current best fitting pair). They have been shipped yesterday to my parents, so I won't get them before next week.

I don't think the've been onewashed as the Geishas are washed as sewn jeans, not just the fabric (see the patch). If everybody's pair ran too small, denimio might do a general replacement maybe? If I had known this, I wouldn't have got mine hemmed - but then they told me the perfect measurements. Well, we'll see. Let's all not eat too much for christmas haha.

(Still would love to see close ups of the arcs, coin pocket, selvage, slub etc)

took these before i returned them for a larger size

_I3A3791_zpslarxc9th.jpg_I3A3792_zpscr0w1kcy.jpg_I3A3793_zpstgcjns2p.jpg_I3A3796_zpshgosc2y9.jpg_I3A3797_zpsf6lcljy3.jpg_I3A3802_zpsqpthv0p2.jpg

Awesome pics!

Any problems about the returning process?

if you are looking to exchange you have to purchase the new pair first and then return the old pair.

to return you have to cart a return label or something that costs ~$20 and then return. I bitched and said that it was their fault that the jeans dont fit since their chart was wrong and after waiting a few days, they sent me a pre-paid label. i havent returned them yet using the label but it seems to be pretty straightforward. i was sent a label and a invoice which i have to show fedex when i drop off the jeans. never used fedex to do international shipping so i dunno about that part since i usually use USPS and fill out their custom forms.

Did they have anything to say about their sizing chart being off?

Yes: 

"Unfortunately, it seems the 16oz fabric had shrunken more than the 19oz fabric during the production...

We were also told that the collab jeans will have similar measurements as S710XX19oz as the patterns used are exactly the same and just different fabric.

But once we received the denim and took the actual measurements, it is obvious that the 16oz versions came smaller than the 19oz."

I was provided with Denimio points to cover the return, as they agreed that it was not my error.  

The dual color arcs came out a lot nicer than I originally thought, nice looking pair of jeans.

I'd probably grab a pair if some of the details were a little more subtle personally, but I look forward to seeing people wear them.

'Might snag a pair, since I had to let go of the BlueShadow. Got over optimistic slim-sizing to a W33, instead of the usual W34 on XX__ on assumption VX usually stretch out more :(

So, consensus is to SU1 ?!

Factoring in the undercut, I should go for W35__ Yes ?!

Edited by BrownMetallic

I had my 710-DMO's hemmed... looks like they just cleared customs in New York, and should arrive tomorrow. Already concerned about needing to exchange the 35 I ordered for a 36. Just reached out to Denimio asking if they will accept an exchange due to the measurement discrepancy. It's kind of jacked up that they updated their size chart, and now a 36 has an even smaller waist measurement than the size 35 quote that was sent around to everyone. 

Edited by beardy3344