Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Just got my 710dmo in the mail! I'll post some detailed pictures later and some measurements.

I've tried them on and the initial fit feels like I sized down. I am wearing a 33 710xx and ordered a 34 710dmo and the 34 feels like my 33s did brand new. I'm honestly scared to hot soak them. I'm not sure when I can soak them because I'm going to be traveling a lot over the next week. I want to warm soak them and see how much shrink I get then hot soak them. The weave feels pretty tight so I have no idea how much they will shrink.

The denim is incredible. It definitely has a lot more texture then the xx fabric. The one thing I was really surprised about is the nep! There are little neps all over these things. The denim is also darker then my 710xx were initially.

I know others were concerned about the construction but I honestly don't see any glaring examples of poor construction. Maybe a wavy line here and there but nothing that makes me dissatisfied. Then again I don't have the experience that brad or freak or max has.

Overall I'm real excited about these. I was going to wait to wear them because I'm working on my 710xx but I might have to hang them up for a while. Look for a more detailed post later.

i don't suppose there is any chance these have been one washed and nobody told Denimio because that's what it sounds like

I mean isn't geisha denim normally washed? The denimio website says nonwash but it's possible.

yes all as far as i know all Geisha is one washed.

It seems like it would be a big balls up if that has happened

I feel like the inseam is too long for there not to be some shrinkage. Inseam is like 37". Wasn't the 24oz 710 cut smaller than most people anticipated as well? Maybe they changed the cut.

how does geisha denim stretch? anyone figure it out yet or know from experience?

I asked Gordon he said the following

The stretch will vary for each person but the average is around 1†or so in the waist with frequent wear and possibly a little more with prolonged wearing.

Max, you grabbed a 35?  I feel like we are similarly sized. Interested in hearing the final measurements and shrink that you get. 

Thanks 

Yes, I went with 35. My old 710XX was 34 and the BKBs 35 (who were tight at first but after moving the button became my current best fitting pair). They have been shipped yesterday to my parents, so I won't get them before next week.

I don't think the've been onewashed as the Geishas are washed as sewn jeans, not just the fabric (see the patch). If everybody's pair ran too small, denimio might do a general replacement maybe? If I had known this, I wouldn't have got mine hemmed - but then they told me the perfect measurements. Well, we'll see. Let's all not eat too much for christmas haha.

(Still would love to see close ups of the arcs, coin pocket, selvage, slub etc)

Edited by Max Power

Yes, I went with 35. My old 710XX was 34 and the BKBs 35 (who were tight at first but after moving the button became my current best fitting pair). They have been shipped yesterday to my parents, so I won't get them before next week.

I don't think the've been onewashed as the Geishas are washed as sewn jeans, not just the fabric (see the patch). If everybody's pair ran too small, denimio might do a general replacement maybe? If I had known this, I wouldn't have got mine hemmed - but then they told me the perfect measurements. Well, we'll see. Let's all not eat too much for christmas haha.

(Still would love to see close ups of the arcs, coin pocket, selvage, slub etc)

Denimio just told me they are in fact raw/non wash.

I got you max I'll go take some pics. The arcs are definitely darker than I thought they would be. The back pockets are lined too! I didn't know that.

Edit: here's a Imgur album with some pics. On my phone so I can't really embed pics. http://imgur.com/a/RvluK

Edited by Babyson