Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

After purchasing the incorrect size (31) in a pair of 710s and then re-ordering, going down a size to a 30, I finally have my first pair of Samurais.  Denim was stiffer than I imagined and turning them inside out to hot soak them was incredibly difficult, even more so when they were wet.  Buttoning them up was also very difficult, not because they were that tight, button holes just weren't giving much.  I know it sounds like I'm complaining, but I'm loving these a lot except for a minor hip flare that I'm hoping will go away after a second hot soak.

Also, I still have the pair in a size 31 for sale if anyone's interested.  Haven't been worn, only hot soaked once.

Edited by VivaMarlon

After purchasing the incorrect size (31) in a pair of 710s and then re-ordering, going down a size to a 30, I finally have my first pair of Samurais.  Denim was stiffer than I imagined and turning them inside out to hot soak them was incredibly difficult, even more so when they were wet.  Buttoning them up was also very difficult, not because they were that tight, button holes just weren't giving much.  I know it sounds like I'm complaining, but I'm loving these a lot except for a minor hip flare that I'm hoping will go away after a second hot soak.

Also, I still have the pair in a size 31 for sale if anyone's interested.  Haven't been worn, only hot soaked once.

The button hole shrinkage was a pain for me too, I think I got some bruises on my thumbs the first few days. They'll eventually stretch out and not be a problem. Hip flare should calm down with more wear as well. 

The button hole shrinkage was a pain for me too, I think I got some bruises on my thumbs the first few days. They'll eventually stretch out and not be a problem. Hip flare should calm down with more wear as well. 

I just took someone's suggestion from something I had read on here in the past about stretching them with a pen or something, that really helped.  Hot soaking them once more before getting them hemmed at Self Edge LA, I'll post fit pictures once all of that is done with. 

Took a fit pic at the Japanese garden. PBJ type 2/ spellbound hoodie/ samurai 710xx/ vans.

mG6kNUb.jpg

The look you give when people are giving you shit for taking pics in front of the zen garden.

LaZpYRe.jpg

PS I don't even know how much wear I have in these 710xx . Recently started wearing these again with the cold weather. Fell back in love in them. Ordered the 710dmo sized up one and planning to stock them until these are destroyed. I'm not sure how the size up will work but it looks like the 24oz was a smaller cut so I hope that's the case for the dmo.

I'm in love with the measurements!

Samurai Jeans x Denimio S710XX16OZ-DMO 16oz

Size 35

Waist 91cm

Front rise 29.7cm

Thigh width 34cm

Inseam 98cm

Hem 21.3cm

Where did you get the info on the sizing?

Took a fit pic at the Japanese garden. PBJ type 2/ spellbound hoodie/ samurai 710xx/ vans.

mG6kNUb.jpg

The look you give when people are giving you shit for taking pics in front of the zen garden.

LaZpYRe.jpg

PS I don't even know how much wear I have in these 710xx . Recently started wearing these again with the cold weather. Fell back in love in them. Ordered the 710dmo sized up one and planning to stock them until these are destroyed. I'm not sure how the size up will work but it looks like the 24oz was a smaller cut so I hope that's the case for the dmo.

Random but is that the 28-70 2.8? Also are you from Detroit or just a tigers fan.

Random but is that the 28-70 2.8? Also are you from Detroit or just a tigers fan.

Nah I looked at the 28-70 but I think they were more than a 70-200 vr1. It's a 17-55 f2.8 dx on a d7100.

I am from South Detroit but I don't live there anymore. I'm actually visiting family in Grand Rapids and Detroit now. I am also a Tigers fan, even if next year doesn't look too promising.

Edited by Babyson

Nah I looked at the 28-70 but I think they were more than a 70-200 vr1. It's a 17-55 f2.8 dx on a d7100.

I am from South Detroit but I don't live there anymore. I'm actually visiting family in Grand Rapids and Detroit now. I am also a Tigers fan, even if next year doesn't look too promising.

D7100 rules. I had one before i got my D600. I'm from Dearborn myself!

I concur but remain sceptic until I tried them on. Plus the shrinkage & stretch of the Geisha denim remains a mystery.

Ya I'm nervous about the specific measurements of the cut as well. I ordered a 34 (I'm between a 33 and 34) on these because when I'm bulking and lifting a lot the 710xx 33 don't fit. I'm also hoping that the shrink and stretch works out.

D7100 rules. I had one before i got my D600. I'm from Dearborn myself!

Had the d7100, it was friggen killer, also had the 17-55 like babyson. It was just too friggen big man. Ended up finding a good deal in australia on a camera forum for a new fuji xt1 graphite and gave that to my gf, it didn't last very long in her hands since i used it for one afternoon and fell in love

I do miss the d7100 and 17-55 tho, that combo was near perfect 

Had the d7100, it was friggen killer, also had the 17-55 like babyson. It was just too friggen big man. Ended up finding a good deal in australia on a camera forum for a new fuji xt1 graphite and gave that to my gf, it didn't last very long in her hands since i used it for one afternoon and fell in love

I do miss the d7100 and 17-55 tho, that combo was near perfect

It is gigantic. I just got a blackrapid sports strap so it's not such a pain to carry around. I know someone who shoots with a fuji and he gets amazing shots;always humbling to look at his photos. I'm digging the Sony mirrorless cameras but they are expensive.

It is gigantic. I just got a blackrapid sports strap so it's not such a pain to carry around. I know someone who shoots with a fuji and he gets amazing shots;always humbling to look at his photos. I'm digging the Sony mirrorless cameras but they are expensive.

If I was doing less wedding, concert and event work I'd go full Fuji.

Ya I'm nervous about the specific measurements of the cut as well. I ordered a 34 (I'm between a 33 and 34) on these because when I'm bulking and lifting a lot the 710xx 33 don't fit. I'm also hoping that the shrink and stretch works out.

I am in the same boat. Although looking at the sizing chart there isn't much difference between the 33 & 34. Both got 13" thighs which is the most important measurement for me. 

Got the 710xx24's the other day from denimio, gave them their first soak yesterday. Wore them to shovel snow this morning and my top button failed and came out, love the fit not too stoked on the button issue. 

Edited by Balto

I really have the feeling Samurai’s quality goes down lately. It’s just a personal opinion and I can’t back it up with enough facts but:

·         the stitching problems on the 710OG other had

·         I had a loose button on my S5000VX25oz

·         the top button of my S710OG is defective.

My old S5000VX24oz has zero issues with the top button and from my feeling a donut button is weaker than the “Rising Sunâ€-button they use on the 710-version of the 24oz denim.

Just got email from Denimio actual measurements of size 34 710XXDMO

Waist 89cm

Front Rise 29cm

Thigh 33cm

Inseam 98cm

Hem 21.3cm

Ya it's going to come down to the shrink on me. If I can get at least 0.5" in the thighs and at least 1" in the waist I should be good.

I really have the feeling Samurai’s quality goes down lately. It’s just a personal opinion and I can’t back it up with enough facts but:

·         the stitching problems on the 710OG other had

·         I had a loose button on my S5000VX25oz

·         the top button of my S710OG is defective.

My old S5000VX24oz has zero issues with the top button and from my feeling a donut button is weaker than the “Rising Sunâ€-button they use on the 710-version of the 24oz denim.

I agree Tilmann and was thinking the same thing.  I've had stitching issues on my S710XX (e.g., coin pocket threads came loose after one wash) and believe that the stitching overall (e.g., button holes) is not on a par with other jeans -- certainly Roy and Ooe (the two best) but also Fullcount, Warehouse, and Iron Heart.

That said, I still love my Samurais for various reasons.  The 19 oz. S710XX denim has a really nice, distinctive feel -- relatively soft but heavy and nubby (if that's a word).  I also really like the 16 oz. S710OG denim.  It's just a guess but maybe Samurai is churning out so many jeans and models that quantity may be overtaking quality to some degree.