Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Fit check: got a pair of size 34 24oz 710s in the mail. I'm pretty sure they're gonna be way too tight in the thighs post soak.  The waist has about 1/2 inch- 1 inch of room currently. 

g3qn6oy.jpg

cV1e0bu.jpg

I have no experience with this specific denim but in my experience with heavier denim it tends to not shrink as much as its 14-16oz counterparts. I would expect .5" in the thighs max and the waist will stretch even after its soaked. I say they'll be fine.

I have to agree with the others. They are too small in the thighs. Also the waist looks quite fitted already but you say you have 1-1.5†room in the waist.

Short summarize:

Waist too big, thighs too small = wrong cut for you

I own the S5000VX24oz from many years back and they were also quite slimmer than the regular model. Until this day I have never machine washed them, only soaked them. And if I would wash them, I doubt I could fit them anymore :D

Do people reckon the samurai x denimo will be on time? Nearing the end of Nov and i am getting impatient

Me too. I messaged them last week just to see if everything was still on track for the end of the month, and was told that the end of the month is still the plan. 

Hey All,

This is my first post, so apologies if its misplaced, feel free to shoot me down!:-)

I tried on the 710XX 19 oz in a 32 and they fit ok, could size to a 33 and they would shrink down nicely afer a soak.

Im actually after the S510XX 19 oz, 32 would probably be ok, do you think id be better going with 33 then if they are a tad to big I can shrink them down?

Im assuming the 19ozers wont shrink/stretch that much?

Cheers guys!

The 710 in a 32 were perfect in their raw state but would of needed a 33 if i was to hot soak I think, unless after wearing/stetching and a soak the waist would go back to raw measurements? im guessing as unsanforised its always recomended to soak rather than wearing a few months first?

I just fancy a straighter leg option hence the 510s.

Edited by jamesmorelia

Super Tempted by the 710XX-24oz. Especially since I can get 20% off at BiG when I show up. I was planning on my next pair to be super slubby/hairy. Any comments on the texture of the denim? Was considering PBJ-18oz and Oni Secret Denim as well. Decisions Decisions....

I was also hesitating between the two of them, i finally bought the 710xx-24oz yesterday, but I think the PBJ-18oz is much slubbier. I went for the sammies mostly because I think the fit is better for my liking and the 24oz weight. If you want slubby you should go for the PBJ's, compared to the 24oz version they did in the past, the 18oz is much slubbier. 

Good luck! 

JP