Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

After another soak a little more evo of my BKB, about 15 wears in. These are really fast faders, haven't even worn them hard.

rTpuTDD.jpg

IRXStwl.jpg

1z0Ligr.jpg

CnvukMD.jpg

NsEgCkM.jpg

qJGvh4A.jpg

mpyqqwi.jpg

LezUNcj.jpg

Max, so glad to see that you have a pair of these. I'm thinking about buying them myself, but I'm kind of on the fence over which pair to get. I like these, the regular 710 black, and the 710 black shadow. What made you pick this particular pair? It seems like you think these will fade faster than the regular pairs despite being black on black? Why do you think that is? I want a pair that's going to fade to gray, but I'd rather than it not occur super quickly. I admit that I'm a little nervous about the zero denim, just since it's so irregular. It sounds like it might be kind of like my intentionally irregular / slubby Onis that had some issues really quickly. Thoughts?

Well, I always wanted a decent quality pair of black jeans. had to sell my IH 555-03 as the fit was too tight. And a full black 710 sounded like a dream come true.  They hold up to my expactations, besides I wouldn't have thought they fade so fast. In fact, I would prefer them to stay darker for a long time.

But I don't think they'll end up with high contrast if you wash and wear them a lot. The rather slubby surface gets grey spots on top pretty fast and I think it shows more because of the black weft. I don't have expeirence with the BKs, but those always looked grey from the start and didn't seem to fade as fast.

When you guys say to go true to size with the S710, do you go with the tagged size or the actual waist measurement of the jean? So if my waist measures 30", would I buy a tagged size 30? Or a tagged size 29 as it measures 30"?

Also when you guys measure your waist, do you measure where the jean sits or 1" above the belly button?

Thanks!

Well, I always wanted a decent quality pair of black jeans. had to sell my IH 555-03 as the fit was too tight. And a full black 710 sounded like a dream come true.  They hold up to my expactations, besides I wouldn't have thought they fade so fast. In fact, I would prefer them to stay darker for a long time.

But I don't think they'll end up with high contrast if you wash and wear them a lot. The rather slubby surface gets grey spots on top pretty fast and I think it shows more because of the black weft. I don't have expeirence with the BKs, but those always looked grey from the start and didn't seem to fade as fast.

Cool. Yeah, I'm leaning towards the Black Hawk. I decided that I would prefer only grey or black thread, so that seems like the best option.

I'm near NYC right now, so I ended up stopping by Blue in Green and picked up a pair of 710BKBs. They're looking good and I'll have to get pictures up when I'm back home. I honestly can't say how much I'll wear these vs my Onis, so I'm not sure how fast I'll fade them, but it'll be fun to see them break in.

Here's the fit pre-soak. BiG hemmed the inseam to about 2" longer than I'd want it to be so that it should sit right about where I want post-soak. I feel like they look better in this pic than they actually fit, but they felt like they were going to end up just a bit looser than I'd want in a few spots.

21756167975_a50edcd2b0_c.jpg

I wanted to slim the waist a typical amount and the leg as much as possible, so I soaked the whole thing in moderate water and then soaked the crotch down in the hottest temperature my bath tub would put out. They're almost dry and the fit seems like it'll be pretty good.

Edited by cander49

710 BKB, three weeks of wear

Nice! I'll get pics of mine soon... Seems like they have a lot of color poking through after 1 week of minimal intensity wear. I guess these will be pretty fun to watch as they fade.

Nice! I'll get pics of mine soon... Seems like they have a lot of color poking through after 1 week of minimal intensity wear. I guess these will be pretty fun to watch as they fade.

I, for one, would LOVE to see updates of the BKB's as they age. I am very interested to see how they turn out. 

Will do my best, though I try to keep them black as long as possible and just wear them to the office. The amount of grey/whize poking through in high stress areas is imense already. And there are some grey marble effects as well, that might get pronounced with washing. I'll probably wear my pair until the 710DMO is released, so they should see two more months (unless my DWC contest pair shows up).

Will do my best, though I try to keep them black as long as possible and just wear them to the office. The amount of grey/whize poking through in high stress areas is imense already. And there are some grey marble effects as well, that might get pronounced with washing. I'll probably wear my pair until the 710DMO is released, so they should see two more months (unless my DWC contest pair shows up).

I am getting the 710 DMO pair as well, though they are going to sit in the closet for about a year while I wear my momo's. I am kinda into that one pair of denim life, don't like to switch it up. Though I have never had a slubby pair, so the 710 DMO's might force me into submission and I might start wearing them before my planned date

I've decided to wear more black and grey, largely prompted by buying a super cool black hat from Gladys Tamez Millinery and wanting to wear it all the time, so I think mine will actually go pretty fast. I originally wanted to keep them pretty black, but these look like they'll fade so interestingly that I'm going to try to do a lot of active stuff in these instead of my Onis, just so I can see results faster. Based on how they're creasing so far, I actually think that they'll turn out significantly better than my indigo 710s that I won my category of HWDC2 with. The only complaint that I have with them is that I actually have to be super careful about keeping them clean. Dirt blends into indigo pretty easily, but it's immediately apparent on black, so I find myself having to spot clean all the time to avoid looking filthy. Haha.

Man, all these pics of the BKB's really make me want to get a pair, never owned a pair of black denim before. We'll see how the 710s turn out, it might make my decision a little easier. 

Edited by danisfake