Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

The 0500 in a smaller size (32 below) should be the closest. Probably even more the UES 400T or the FH 3009 (mid-long rise, wide thighs, tapere leg).

FH 3009 are my dream. But I'm 6'2 and the inseam preshrink is only 36. Once it goes down to 33 I'm screwed...

Aviv, I would bet that if you bought the flat heads, even once fully shrunk, they'd be longer on you than your buddy paul's denim up there...

I think that most people that say denim doesn't have a long enough inseam greatly underestimate how short you can wear jeans and how good they can look.

Aviv, I would bet that if you bought the flat heads, even once fully shrunk, they'd be longer on you than your buddy paul's denim up there...

I think that most people that say denim doesn't have a long enough inseam greatly underestimate how short you can wear jeans and how good they can look.

Could be. But I've owned Flat Heads (3001 and 3002) and both looked ridiculous on me. I'm all legs and need 34 inches from crotch. Steve's here are clearly a mid/high rise. I would guess at least 11 or 11.5 inches. Flat head only makes a rise like that in the 3005 which is too baggy.

I might be coming to terms again with the fact that besides the 710s LVC (1954) is the only denim I think fits me well...

Edited by Aviv

I've been wearing mine twice in 20-25°C and found them pretty hot. Not only because of the colour, but they're also pretty stiff and tight woven, they seem to breathe not very well. Maybe even less than the 19 oz denim, but it's hard to tell as I've been wearing nothing but shorts and 14 oz denim the last months and maybe that exaggerates the effect. My worn in 19 oz denim felt cooler as far as I can remember.

So far, I still think they haven't shrunken a lot in the length, yet I couldn't stretch the waist out over the raw state. So sizing down is somethng I wouldn't recommend. In my size I have to choose between a bearable waist and slim legs.

This is good to know, confirmed my doubts. As much as I'd like a pair of these, I'm in the subtropics (Brisbane, Aus) and don't think I'd be able to wear these more than two months of the year.

But you can take care of those very easily. I had my Eternal Tab removed and restitched and plan to do the same on those. And probably just keep one arc colour (or none).

Different topic: I wore my BKBs today and they seem to fade pretty fast. The hem and some other areas show already some greyish tone - but maybe black exaggerates the initial fadings compared to indigo.

Of course I'm serious -- 60 year olds don't fool around.  Funny thing is, while Steve needed more room up front, Brando complained that his Samurais were tight in the thighs (710XX).  He said this while filming At The Warehouse.

do you guys think that the Samurai x Denimio collab will sell out during the pre order? i talked to someone from denimio and they told me that samurai will only make 150 pairs. i want to buy them for 2017 DWC (i already have a 2016 pair of jeans). Or do you think that there will be an even better Samurai colllab before next DWC?

Here are some post hot-wash pictures.  Max was right about the waist shrinking too much because it feels like a 33.5 waist after the wash, when I got a 35.  There is some muffin topping going on, but I'm not too concerned because they'll stretch back out when I've broken them in, I've been having a bad diet lately, and I was able to button them up without any issues before the wash.  I'm glad I sized up from TTS.  

N5pFbFM.jpg

4S8WsC0.jpg

kKi7uj7.jpg

zHbDEuX.jpg

eZtQFOa.jpg

Great fit :P

How are you guys sizing your Denimio x Samurai collabs?  I'm a size 30 in PBJ xx-012 and also decided to go with a 30 in Samurai after comparing the BiG measurements for both and also reaching out to Denimio.  However I'm a little worried about the BiG measurements and can't seem to find any info about how much shrinkage to expect from the Geisha fabric.