Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

i thought that too but trusted the size chart i found at DC4 for the s510xx (21oz) - and it was absolutely right! and if you check the size chart from BIG it´s nearly identical!

Edited by Bill_e_jean

hi. i did the soak this morning and the jeans are not completely dry yet but it seems they shrunk a good amount.

the actual waist measures a bit less than 42 cm (from 44 cm) after the first 60 minutes warm soak. leg opening is ca. 23 cm (from 24 cm).

i think i will do a second soak tomorrow and do the hem job next week.

Intressting that they are that small. But it also makes sense with the chart Denimio has. Im starting to think of a 36" waist. But please come back one all your soaks are done. :)

Most recent addition to my Samurai collection - a faded pair of S0110XJ Lot 8 in W32 bought through yahoo.jp...

image.jpg1_zps5ikayft4.jpg

image.jpg2_zpsijlxhodx.jpg

image.jpg5_zpskjk25n3v.jpg

image.jpg3_zpsddoskacu.jpg

image.jpg4_zpsavewzlrl.jpg

Not only a nice piece for the collection - it also fits, if you ignore the minor fact that the knee fades sit a bit lower...

image.jpg6_zpskjhg0if4.jpg

Looking good foxy! 

Whats the general consensus on soaking, should I do 2 hot soaks before a hem or will they not shrink that much? Honestly I wouldn't mind a little more shrinkage but if its not worth it I'll just keep wearing them. Let me know what you think! 

Thanks guys! I'm really excited to break these in and get some wear on them. They were pretty tight in the waist (normally a 30) but they're slowly stretching out to be comfy. The buttons holes must have shrunk a little cause buttoning them up was painful but they're getting better.

Your in good hands, my first foray into samurai was the 710xx.After the inital shock they will become your best friends. After that you will be rewarded with a beautiful ocean blue. They will be a go to pair long after you have started a new project.

Just got my 710's in -- took a few minutes to get on but fit exactly the way I imagined. 

Quick question. I have had several pairs of APC's and a pair of 3sixteens and my best pair turned out to be my 3sixteens I didn't wash for 2 years. I have read a lot of information on the presoak, or soaking them before you begin to wear. Is this absolutely essential? I'd prefer to not do this practice...

Edit: on second thought I might do it to shrink the waste a tad and loosen it up (isn't that cheating?).

Edited by twiceashard

No no no. If you buy an unsanforizd pair and don't wash soak them you deserve to be banished.

Unless your swissjeansfreak.

But seriously unsanf denim NEEDS to be put in water before you wear. The reason you don't need to with your 3soxteen and apc is there has been multiple process done to the denim (sanforization) that negates needing an intial soak.

Just got my 710's in -- took a few minutes to get on but fit exactly the way I imagined. 

Quick question. I have had several pairs of APC's and a pair of 3sixteens and my best pair turned out to be my 3sixteens I didn't wash for 2 years. I have read a lot of information on the presoak, or soaking them before you begin to wear. Is this absolutely essential? I'd prefer to not do this practice...

Edit: on second thought I might do it to shrink the waste a tad and loosen it up (isn't that cheating?).

Do they fit like how you want them to right now? They might be too small after they've shrunk... as I've said 10000000 times, like Brad, if you ever want to wash your jeans or at least even know if they'll fit you need to wash them now. If you don't soak or wash you won't know if they are actually too small for you because unsanforized denim like that is not supposed to be worn before being at least soaked, ideally washed. Additionally the denim is so coarse and abrasive you're going to make holes in them way faster than you would if you washed them regularly.

subjective and imo and all that shit but what you're planning to do (treat them like the 3sixteens/apcs) is doing it wrong. It's also doing it wrong with the 3sixteens/apcs but you didn't get burned on them because they were sanforized so there was no real need to soak/wash, other than if you wanted a pair of jeans that didn't end up looking ridiculously contrasty (except the APC denim is crap so you have to go that long to get any wear at all even if it isn't good) or didn't end up disgusting and permanently infused with, as tyler would say, taint sweat.

Exnay the soak, an replace with a wash. Zero point in soaking when washing will take care of all the shrinkage, and you won't have to worry about it down the road.

Threw em in the wash today, thanks for the advice Brad! 

my 710's arrived today, i ordered a size 34 and the waist measurement of them right of box was ~34 inches. Now I'm worried because i assumed they would shrink to a 34, seems all other measurements line up with size charts, just not the smaller waist size. So is this normal for sams? Maybe i just got a weird pair?

I've asked them to measure a pair but they said I have to go after the sizing they have on the site. But the sizing is tagged size raw. And when I compare bill_e_jeans posted measurements on his 36" 510s they are correct. But hard to tell overall I think. Im pending between 34,35 or 36 for the order Im gonna place for a pair of 510 19oz.

In my experience Denimio will happily measure you a pair but you have to buy them first... Just ask them for all the measurements before they ship them out, that's what i've always done. And if they aren't great you can just cancel the order, and it's Â¥3000 to ship back to them from Europe. 

I would recommend to check the website of DC4. The measurements there are correct.

yeah, DC4's s710xx measurements are correct. I wish i knew that before, i was using blue in green's size charts and their waist measurements are way off.

Did a direct comparison between my little used S0110XJ lot 12 and my vintage, 2nd hand lot 8...

51730256e5d475b637b4b9a8e85a4cb2_zpsx9pn

a9aa8e79905d71e6857199ccb6d58435_zps4pzt

ccf665f1759fb4ea4caa2c4f0b775f90_zpsofop

132ab01649298fe14ff3704139615c0a_zpsbnmx

bf820bb3c9e29529cfaac0dbbdbcf510_zpsdoce

image.jpg1_zpskp2mrorc.jpg

image.jpg2_zpsifrv7awr.jpg

All went fine until "somebody" decided to photobomb the shoot...

image.jpg2_zpsmm4sq6gk.jpg

image.jpg6_zps4opddsny.jpg

Subtlety may not be his strongest suit, but at least he prefers vintage.