Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

that doesnt sound like very much. maybe i should have sized down instead of going TTS

Maybe, but I am sure they haven't soaked a ton of Geisha pairs, just because the womens pair comes in one wash. I am sure with a washing machine you can get 2" in the waist, but who knows, some denim just doesn't want to shrink that much. I am on the verge of pre-ordering, but I am scared without the size charts posted. I am in between 33 and 34 and I would like their measurements, especially since they could differ a little between the 710 measurements. 

Well folks. After a lot of hemming and hawing I've decided to sell my S0500XX in waist size 31. I definitely need a 30 as I can stick my arm down the front and they don't stay up without a belt. I must have gotten skinnier. Posting in the market shortly...

I just pre-ordered the 710 geishas, it's my first samurai purchase but these were just too cool to pass up.

Now we play the waiting game...

that doesnt sound like very much. maybe i should have sized down instead of going TTS

I emailed Gordan at BIG and he said the following

"Thank you for your inquiry. I’m not sure of the exact shrinkage since the Geisha jeans are only delivered once washed but my guess would be about the same as the 17oz denim which is around 4-6% shrinkage with washing and drying"

Ok, so I need you guys help (and I know theres alot of talk about sizing). I want to buy a pair of S510xx either 19oz or 21oz.

But there is really hard to find which size I'm gonna buy, I have a pair of LVC 501xx 1947 in 34x36 and they fit me well and I have gotten max shrinkage out of them. The problem is I bought a pair of Full count 1101 one wash tagged 33x36 but the waist is was 31.4" and there is no way I can wear them, so Im scared another pair that wont fit me well.

So what size do you guys recommend? I'm thinking about a waist of 35", they should have some room for shrinkage and then expand a bit after some wears. But I'm scared they will become to wide then, but if I get the 34" maybe they will be way to small after a soak.

So I need your guidance that have some experience regarding Samurai and s510xx.

And a second question, do you guys think its worth the extra money for the 21oz or should I go for the 19oz?

I have the 19oz S510, and previously owned a a pair of LVC '47. Both in a size 34. While they had the same waist measurement after shrinkage (34.5"), the LVC's weren't a good fit due to there not being enough room in the thigh. If your LVC 47's in size 34 fit you well, I'd consider a different Samurai cut, perhaps the S710. The S510's may be a bit roomy in the thigh for your liking. 

If you do go w/ the S510, and you get them raw, consider a 33 or a 34. There isn't a ton of difference in the waist, but the thigh & top block are both smaller obviously on the size 33. I had to sell a size 33 S510 because the top block & thighs were tight enough that they bothered me, but the waist & legs fit just fine. 

@Max, how are your BKBs coming along? I had a tough choice between the Geisha and BKBs, but just went with the BKBs.

Hey, I have worn them about 5 times only, as I'm still not back home due to my injuries (and it's way too hot to wear jeans as well). They did stretch a fair amount, but I will try to move the top button about 0,5". Then they will be perfect. But I can't show any fades at all at this moment. They'll probably not make it in my hardworn routine, as the 710 DNM are coming along now. The BKB denim is awesome, so your choice was not wrong.

Edited by Max Power

Ok, so I need you guys help (and I know theres alot of talk about sizing). I want to buy a pair of S510xx either 19oz or 21oz.

But there is really hard to find which size I'm gonna buy, I have a pair of LVC 501xx 1947 in 34x36 and they fit me well and I have gotten max shrinkage out of them. The problem is I bought a pair of Full count 1101 one wash tagged 33x36 but the waist is was 31.4" and there is no way I can wear them, so Im scared another pair that wont fit me well.

So what size do you guys recommend? I'm thinking about a waist of 35", they should have some room for shrinkage and then expand a bit after some wears. But I'm scared they will become to wide then, but if I get the 34" maybe they will be way to small after a soak.

So I need your guidance that have some experience regarding Samurai and s510xx.

And a second question, do you guys think its worth the extra money for the 21oz or should I go for the 19oz?

Any Samurai in 34 will measure about 35" in the waist, a 35 around 36" and stretch back to those. If the LVC 47 still is smaller than tagged or shrinks from the tagged size, you will need a smaller size in Samurai. You need to measure the true waist of your best fitting pair to be sure.

And if you want a cut similar to the LVC, the 0500 or 710 might be the better choice. The 510 is a very wide cut.

I prefer the 19 oz denim, as it fades beautiful and is more versatile. If you live ina very cold climate, the 21 oz are nice too. But as the 21 oz are only available in the 510 or 5000 cut, you need to compare the actual with your desired measurements.

Edited by Max Power

my s510xx (19oz) is on delivery, so i will receive it hopefully today and can take measurements and a direct comparison to the s710xx (19oz) if you like? maybe that will help!

edit: both in size 36

Edited by Bill_e_jean

For starters thanks for all the help!

I have the 19oz S510, and previously owned a a pair of LVC '47. Both in a size 34. While they had the same waist measurement after shrinkage (34.5"), the LVC's weren't a good fit due to there not being enough room in the thigh. If your LVC 47's in size 34 fit you well, I'd consider a different Samurai cut, perhaps the S710. The S510's may be a bit roomy in the thigh for your liking. 

If you do go w/ the S510, and you get them raw, consider a 33 or a 34. There isn't a ton of difference in the waist, but the thigh & top block are both smaller obviously on the size 33. I had to sell a size 33 S510 because the top block & thighs were tight enough that they bothered me, but the waist & legs fit just fine. 

I'm actually after a more relaxed fit that is different from the 1947 cut. Because they are a bit tight in the thighs, and I want more room and a more relaxed fit.

@snoppkaparN fwiw that fc will quickly stretch back to 33" in the waist even a bit more.

Thanks for the info, will wear them and stretch them a bit.

Any Samurai in 34 will measure about 35" in the waist, a 35 around 36" and stretch back to those. If the LVC 47 still is smaller than tagged or shrinks from the tagged size, you will need a smaller size in Samurai. You need to measure the true waist of your best fitting pair to be sure.

And if you want a cut similar to the LVC, the 0500 or 710 might be the better choice. The 510 is a very wide cut.

I prefer the 19 oz denim, as it fades beautiful and is more versatile. If you live ina very cold climate, the 21 oz are nice too. But as the 21 oz are only available in the 510 or 5000 cut, you need to compare the actual with your desired measurements.

Ok nice, after all the info I'm thinking of going for the 510 19oz in either 33" or 34". And the 19oz will do, even if I live in Sweden and it gets really cold.

Do anybody know how much the 33 and 34 differ in the thighs, if I compare to the LVC 1947 will the 33 be close to that or alot bigger? I have for example a pair of Sugar cane hawaii in 36x36 and I like the fit except the waist is way to big now for me. So I want a fit that is bigger than the 1947 and slightly smaller than the Hawaiis.

Thanks again! :)

^ best hint was to measure the best fitting pair you have. Not only the waist but also the rise and the thighs.

Easiest would be to use Blue in Green's measuring guide (http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=30&Itemid=41) and compare the figures you get with the sizing charts for Samurai jeans they offer.

Then chose your pair :)

So, the s510xx has arrived - shipped within two days from Japan to Germany. AMAZING service from Denimio once again. I highly recommend this store!!!

From my first impressions I would say the s510xx runs (extremely) bigger than the s710xx from it´s tights and leg opening but this was clear because of it´s 40´s / 50´s cut. But, the waist is way smaller in it´s raw state than with the s7100xx after several soaks and wear.

For my body it seems to be a good (hopefully perfect) cut and so i´m excited about the fit after one or two hot soaks and a hem of course. I will soak them right now and post all measurements later.

edit : I really like the high rise. I mean...REALLY! This should be THE cut I was looking for since a long time. I´m even more excited now about the shrinked-to fit.  :)

Edited by Bill_e_jean

^ best hint was to measure the best fitting pair you have. Not only the waist but also the rise and the thighs.

Easiest would be to use Blue in Green's measuring guide (http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=30&Itemid=41) and compare the figures you get with the sizing charts for Samurai jeans they offer.

Then chose your pair :)

True that, if I go by that I should buy about a 35, but other people here have said they are big in size. But if I go buy the charts they tend to run smaller in the waist.

So, the s510xx has arrived - shipped within two days from Japan to Germany. AMAZING service from Denimio once again. I highly recommend this store!!!

From my first impressions I would say the s510xx runs (extremely) bigger than the s710xx from it´s tights and leg opening but this was clear because of it´s 40´s / 50´s cut. But, the waist is way smaller in it´s raw state that with the s7100xx after several soaks and wear.

For my body it seems to be a good (hopefully perfect) cut and so i´m excited about the fit after one or two hot soaks and a hem of course. I will soak them right now and post all measurements later.

Looking forward to it, post pics if you can too. And Denimio is what Im gonna use also. Really good service!

The pre-soak waist of my s510xx is 88 cm in a size 36. I was struggeling between a 35 and a 36 but I´m happy now with my decision to take a 36.

Edited by Bill_e_jean

Hey guys, so I am going to be pre-ordering the denimio collab today. My perfect post soak waist is ~32.5. I was looking at both the BiG measurements for the 710, and the denimio measurements, and it is hard for me to decide. It seems like the 33 will be a little too big, and the 32 will be a little too small. What do you guys recommend I do? Do 710's usually run a little big, or tts? My waist is around 33.5, but that is what the BiG pre-soak 32 waist measurement is. I am assuming I can stretch back out to pre-soak, or is this risky? Geisha denim supposedly shrink around 1.5" in the waist

Is the waist the only concern? What about thighs or knee?

My 2 cents.  If you're between sizes, I'd go a size up.  From my past mistake, I've purchased too small and it was a blunder - crotch blowout within 2 months.  I think it's perfectly ok to have a little extra space/room than vice versa.  

Yeah that is what I have decided to do, I am going for a size 33. I didn't realize it until now, but based off of BiG measurements it should actually shrink to a 32.5 anyways, so it could be a perfect fit. The thighs and knees aren't of concern. When I get home I will pre-order them #hyped

Edit: actually I am still undecided. In your guys experience, is denimio's 360 degree measurement generally bigger or smaller than your flat measurements?

Edited by KPJ

Hey guys, so I am going to be pre-ordering the denimio collab today. My perfect post soak waist is ~32.5. I was looking at both the BiG measurements for the 710, and the denimio measurements, and it is hard for me to decide. It seems like the 33 will be a little too big, and the 32 will be a little too small. What do you guys recommend I do? Do 710's usually run a little big, or tts? My waist is around 33.5, but that is what the BiG pre-soak 32 waist measurement is. I am assuming I can stretch back out to pre-soak, or is this risky? Geisha denim supposedly shrink around 1.5" in the waist

My experience with 19oz and 15oz Samurai denim is that as long as rise and thighs are good, you can always stretch the waist. I first owned the 710s in a 32 before realizing I could have bought the 31s and just gone through a couple hours of struggle to achieve the perfect fit. I have just made the same mistake with the 0500 jean - I needed to size down one more because the waist and top block ended up huge. Waist always stretches, IMO. 

^Sizing for hurting was so 6-yrs ago. Experience has thought me not to mess around with a pair of 710XX slim cut 19ozers ... Unless they're under cut [sizing issue], TTS is @best, IMO.

On 1st try, I SD1 & they were "spot on". 6mos down the line had to bail out. Those XX were like vise grip @waist + crotch was a ball breaker__ had to constantly pull them down slightly cuz the waistband kept riding up to my true waist.

2nd try, SU1 on a Lot 9. They were slightly roomie @top block in the beginning, but 5yrs+ down the line, [that] decision prove to be a jeans-keeper. I can still wear my pair now ... comfortably

Edited by BrownMetallic

Well, I pre-ordered size 33. The measurements between BiG and denimio are vastly different. I know they measure differently, but man, they are way more different than they should be. I am hoping for waist/thigh measurements to be in the middle :)

hi. i did the soak this morning and the jeans are not completely dry yet but it seems they shrunk a good amount.

the actual waist measures a bit less than 42 cm (from 44 cm) after the first 60 minutes warm soak. leg opening is ca. 23 cm (from 24 cm).

i think i will do a second soak tomorrow and do the hem job next week.