Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

That's a proper pair of jeans @sardonicsmirk. I really like the more subtle fading and lighter indigo color.

Personally I kinda like the arcs but @chantheman is right they will fade with more wear to the point where you really wont see them much anymore.

If you do decide to remove them I've always found an exacto knife works real well. I just cut each stitch very carefully and then pull out the threads. Super easy.

Edited by Wörn75

I couldn't resist and finally ordered a pair of s510xx today in 19oz. Hopefully they will fit in that way I expect it.

nice! please be sure to post. 

While I do love deeper contrast fades, those 711s look great! Anyone know if different washing methods yield more contrast or is that just how that particular denim fades?  Still heavily leaning towards getting a pair of 711s.

Yeah I actually used a soap that is designed to lock in the color. I also would prefer my jeans to last longer than to have crazy fades so I wash them probably more frequently than others. I went six months before washing then the second wash was after two summer months,

Yeah I actually used a soap that is designed to lock in the color. I also would prefer my jeans to last longer than to have crazy fades so I wash them probably more frequently than others. I went six months before washing then the second wash was after two summer months,

That isn't exactly frequent washing but as your jeans still hold up well you did everything right :-)

Some more sizing advice from the experts plz: so my S0500XX are a tad big in the waist. Not huge, but I can get a thumb in there and definitely need a belt. I went for the same size (31) I got my 710s in. The 710s were a struggle, and I never could have gone below a 31. I actually had to wear them in the bath during initial soak to make sure I could still button them.

So, I probably could technically fit into a size 30 on the S0500XX but I wonder if it would be disproportionate from the top block to the rest of the jean.

Am I just being a bitch and I should wear a belt and shut up? The rest of the jean fits well, I just like to be able to rock them without a belt...

This is somewhat of an interest check. Looking to possibly move my S552-25oz. I want something a little lighter weight, since I don't live in a cold environment anymore. Really just looking to trade it for something else in a 40. I got it on release and wore it pretty heavily for first 8 months and then wore it sparingly since then. This is current state. I am sure this is long sold out by now too

Gone

dgU4jNa.jpg

Edited by bradl

What do you guys think of the fit on these S0500xx? Could/should I size down? I have no ass so I'm wondering if I should have gone down. Never bought a size 30 in my life though so I was afraid of them being way too tight in the waist and needing to stretch like crazy

image_zpsim98gi5g.jpg

image_zpsm6qrsfzj.jpg

image_zpsqg7aklvp.jpg

Is that post soak?

Post soak and hot wash

great fit as(s) is

Thanks! I'm starting to think I should leave it alone..

Fit looks good mate but if that's pre soak they're gonna be tight.

I wonder if I'd be screwed sizing down for this reason. A 30 would probably look like this pre-soak and then I'd be in trouble.

Perhaps I should just get a better belt (need a heavy duty one to replace the stretchy Jcrew belt I currently have).

Hey all, here are some pre soak/post soak measurements 

710xx Lot 18 Size 29x36

Pre Soak Measurements:

Waist: 15

Front Rise: 10.5

Back Rise: 14.25

Thigh: 11.5

Knee: 8

Leg Opening: 7.75

Inseam: 36

Post Soak Measurements:

Waist: 14

Front Rise: 10.25

Back Rise: 13.5

Thigh: 10.75

Knee: 8

Leg Opening: 7.5 

Inseam: 35

Do you guys think I would benefit from another hot soak? Definitely going to get them hemmed soon! Thanks for looking. 

Post Soak Pics 

DSC_0018.jpg

DSC_0022-2.jpg

DSC_0026-2.jpg

DSC_0027-2.jpg

Thanks guys! I'm really excited to break these in and get some wear on them. They were pretty tight in the waist (normally a 30) but they're slowly stretching out to be comfy. The buttons holes must have shrunk a little cause buttoning them up was painful but they're getting better. 

Edited by danisfake