Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Don't sweat it edmond. You speak your mind -- sometimes it bites a little, mostly it entertains. Your contributions to this forum are appreciated and enjoyed by others. Plus, you may do another FC collaboration 😉

My S5000BK with somewhere around 3-4 months actual wear. Love that Zero denim!

FULL ALBUM with more images than necessary.

CCIR0sw.jpg

BUQ07I3.jpg

These are my favorite buttons as the convex nature of the design produces some excellent button fly fades.

jxfS7Cn.jpg

This pair is also showing some loose stitching at the front pockets that others have mentioned.

8n02HBH.jpg

2qeWxWw.jpg

PfCcVIy.jpg

My favorite little slub-nub.

aiRUF3V.jpg

nNjmqek.jpg

rIKTyxK.jpg

MUIUp2C.jpg

Edited by nutusufu

steeze ^

Hah, thanks dude!

cross post from DWC -- Samurai s510 25oz, little over 3 months. About to give these another wash.

Those are looking great for 3 months. I actually like the dirty look.

Does anyone have experience throwing the 15o denim in the dryer for a little extra shrink? My S0500xx are just slightly looser than I'd like in the waist and I've already hot soaked twice. I went with the same size as my 710's and am wondering if I should have sized down. Something tells me the top block proportions would have been off had I done that.

Anyways- any stories about a wash/dry and shrinkage would be helpful.

try machine washing them about 40 on a low spin 

Yea I'm think an agitated wash makes sense. Are you talking 40 celsius I assume? 

I'd rather not put them in the dryer since I've heard that can lead to uneven shrinkage. On the other hand, I've also come across plenty of people who always throw their raw denim in the dryer on low. I suppose it depends on the denim. 

I have the S510 15th 25oz and I got them a size too big. I've hot washed and threw them in a hot dryer a couple of times to get them to shrink AMAP. They still stretch out a bit after a few hours/days of wear. I've not had any adverse effects. They're still jeans, they're still blue, they're still fading. 

I have the S510 15th 25oz and I got them a size too big. I've hot washed and threw them in a hot dryer a couple of times to get them to shrink AMAP. They still stretch out a bit after a few hours/days of wear. I've not had any adverse effects. They're still jeans, they're still blue, they're still fading. 

Cool - so it sounds like you got more shrinkage out of the dryer as hoped for?

Cool - so it sounds like you got more shrinkage out of the dryer as hoped for?

Putting them in the dryer didn't really yield any more significant shrinkage than just washing before. 

and besides, they are likely to stretch back out again anyway.

the middle way between flash's advice and the dryer is a 60 C wash with a low spin. This hasn't done harm to any of my jeans so far. Agitation always helps too. But all that doesn't prevent them from stretching back out again....