Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Ha ha! I actually had access to an old record player my grandad gave me that had speeds 12, 33, 45 & 78. I clearly recall my then girlfriend losing her shit and storming off cos I kept repeatedly playing it on all the different speeds and laughing like a fool...

Hey Cander, I was just wondering what shoes those are?

Hey, they're just an old pair of Quoddy canoe shoes. Not super fashionable, but I've had them for 3 years and they're still going strong!

Thanks Y'all. Actually I was into Metal since I was a kid and still the most part of my collection consists of it. I don't follow releases lately, but the 80s-90s stuff is still in my playlist (just wish I had gotten more on Vinyl while it was cheap). Besides I've always loved the political approach and live qualities of ND so I had to sport that shirt. Enough offtopic now, someone get those 24 oz 710 and share measurements!

Edited by Max Power

Also just remembered a 7" I had which claimed to be the worlds shortest single: A side was Napalm Death - you suffer, B side Electro Hippies - mega armageddon death part 3. classic. :-)

Remember when Napalm Death were on kids TV? What's The Noise with Craig Charles. I was so stoked.

Remember when Napalm Death were on kids TV? What's The Noise with Craig Charles. I was so stoked.

That's so funny - one of my mates told me about it at the time and I thought he was taking the piss... I never did believe him. Appears I owe him an apology, ha! (just you tube'd it - amazing, top geezers)

Suppose I'd better balance this out with some Samurai love for the thread so here's some pics of my 14/15 month 710xx 15th anniversary pair. Still going strong, still continue to impress me.

2Dd2SNQ.png

JTMDkaN.png

JArRt3n.png

4xIUdtZ.png

WB1YJUs.png

Wonderful pair and makes me motivated for my BKBs.

If the 5000 sits comfortable to loose on the hip and thigh, you could go with the same size in the 710. But, as all latest releases ran a bit small, I personally would size up. Also because the thick fabric could result in a tighter feeling.

Hello peeps!

Just wanted to share some pics of my s5000bkb for those wondering how they fade. I got them back in march and added them to my current rotation (total 4 pairs, I like variety). I haven' t worn them that much since I wear a suit 9 to 5 monday to friday but they are fading very fast. One wash to get most shrinkage out, and yes, I had them tapered. 

Awesome pair, I need to get some BKBs

Wonderful pair and makes me motivated for my BKBs.

If the 5000 sits comfortable to loose on the hip and thigh, you could go with the same size in the 710. But, as all latest releases ran a bit small, I personally would size up. Also because the thick fabric could result in a tighter feeling.

Tnx for the info! I will order a 36 and if they are a bit loose i'll wash and soak in hot water which I normally never do. 

I stand by my comment a few months ago, they must have new seamstresses or are using a new factory, because everything from 16th on seems to have lots of problems. Then again this is a concentrated problem, but can only imagine others are having same problems.

Does anyone know of any stores on Rakuten stocking the S710OG? I really want a pair since my 710xx's are my favorite fit of any denim; I'd really like a lighter weight option.

Does Samurai make that cut in a lighter denim other than special editions like the OG16oz?

I got a BNWT pair in size 34 if you are interestesd ;)

They only offer that cut in lighter denim in collabs or special edtions

Hey man- I see you are the resident Sammy expert here. I was thinking about a pair of S0500XX but don't want something too much roomier than the 710s. I've seen people on here sizing down two- does that really work out?

I size down one from my "true waist" on my 710s but had to soak them while wearing to make it work. The waist definitely stretched out and settled and now they look great, but I don't know about the shrink/stretch aspects of the 15oz denim. Any input is appreciated.

In theory, sizing down 1 from your 710-size for the 0500-cut will elave you with a similar fit in the legs. But the waist and top block will be out of proportion. I wouldn’t advise doing that. If the 710 fit you great right now, I’d say get the same size for the 710 and embrace that they are a different (wider) fit.

That’s what I would do.

In theory, sizing down 1 from your 710-size for the 0500-cut will elave you with a similar fit in the legs. But the waist and top block will be out of proportion. I wouldn’t advise doing that. If the 710 fit you great right now, I’d say get the same size for the 710 and embrace that they are a different (wider) fit.

That’s what I would do.

Cool thanks for the advice. That's also my inclination. No picture I've seen of people sizing down two on the 0500 looks good. It's like trying to turn it into something it isn't.

Cheers