Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

I think it looks unhealthy and I would not want to do this to my denim, to be honest. But I did three soaks with a wooden hanger in the waist (that happened to fit perfectly). Let's see how much shrinkage that brought and wether they'll Stretch to a good fit. As they're not my everyday Jeans and I'll try to keep the black colour in as much as possible, machine washing won't be an option and I should be fine. Will report back on sunday.

So I tried on my 710 BKB this morning. I don't wear them today as my back is already hurting enough, but I'm super pissed. All measurements are spot on but the waist that is just at least 1" too small.

Here's the postsoak measurements (had a hanger in the waist to prevent it from shrinking).

W: 87cm --> 87cm

FR 30cm --> 29cm

BR: 41cm --> 39 cm

T: 33,3cm --> 32,8 cm

LO: 21,8 cm --> 21,5 cm

IN: 89,5 cm (hemmed) --> 84 cm

Now I think of moving the top button to get more room in the waist. Do you think that's a good idea?

Edited by Max Power

Hey Max, perhaps you may want to try this first?

3 Easy Fit Buttons for Jeans with Metal Button https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FA74KYA/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_wBbIvbP4H79F9

5-Pack Button Pant Extender - Adds 1" instantly! https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005OCRZO8/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_IDbIvbFSZ964R

Edited by chewie

@Max -When I go my IHxSE13 634s 23oz f/ SE a couple of years ago, they where skin tight on me and I could barely button the waist. They were so tight the leg seam stitching was stretching out. I thought about doing the same thing, and asked Kiya if the waist button could be moved, and he told "no", it wouldn't work.

I think those waist button extenders are a great idea. IIMHO, try those for a while before you make alterations to the jeans that would make them worthless if you decided to sell them if they don't work out. 

How tight is the waist? I know you don't want to endure the the pain in stretching, but I think all these other options are just off. Have you considered getting the waist band wet and just putting them on and stretching them that way?

I was having thread troubles back in January with my OGs but it seemed to have calmed down around Feb/march. I took them out of rotation until fall and hopefully I won't be getting more problems then. I think yours got a lot more wear than mine though bradl.

The 710's I had for a bit (from what I remember) didn't really have any loose threads, but my S0500 have a couple in the crotch in addition to the inseam. The s0500's were really stiff too (stiffer than 710) after I soaked them so maybe that had something to do with it. As long as it holds I'm not too worried. 

Not surprisingly, my 710s got too beat up to wear except on weekends. Funny enough, the beating created by sewing through multiple layers of patches destroyed my fiancee's sewing machine's ability to hold consistent tension, so she wasn't able to keep working on them. So, wanting to get them back to a state of decency, I just bought her a newer, more heavy-duty sewing machine. It cost as much as a pair of jeans, but I think it'll be worth it in the long run. Here's how they looked as of the last time I took photos:

16774750480_a1502e5429_b.jpg\\

Time to fix them up and then see how much more indigo I can get out of them. :)

Hey Cander, I was just wondering what shoes those are?

So, first day in my 710 BKB. I can button them up and the fit is perfect from the waist down. The denim and sparkly red selvage is gorgeous. If the waist would be so tight after a real hot wash, I'd say they would turn into a golden cut. But as it nearly didn't shrink at all, I think I'll move the button as much as I can and then I should be fine. Will try to post some Pictures later.

Loving the T Max!

Used to go and see them live quite frequently in grotty north london pubs in the late 80's... our gig merry go round for a couple of years consisted of: Napalm Death - Dr & The Crippens - Mad Professor, with the gaps filled in with any number of random little gigs. For a while it seemed like one or other of them was playing every weekend. Good times.

Denim fit on point too - I don't currently own any black denim but the 710BKB is probably the way i'd go if i did.

Also just remembered a 7" I had which claimed to be the worlds shortest single: A side was Napalm Death - you suffer, B side Electro Hippies - mega armageddon death part 3. classic. :-)