Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

really? i think a 710 would suit you better! haha

I tried them! I uploaded a fit pic a few pages back of a pair of 710's (before they were hemmed), and even attempted to wear them for a bit. They were just too tight for me and sold them off. 

Edited by d-rew12

size up? tried on a pair of fullcount 1101?

The problem with the sz 38 was the waist was too big, and the thigh was pretty much the same as the 36 in most of the charts I saw. And I already own a pair of the 1101's (sz 35) but they taper too strongly for my tastes. The 0105 would have been a better option if the rise wasn't so high. That's why I settled on the 0500, although I did hope for a tiny bit more taper. 

My 710xx after a quick wash. Just over a year old, prob washed 4/5 times. haven't been wearing these as much as I've changed jobs where wearing jeans is frowned upon and I'm breaking in a pair of s0500xx. Cotton threads have gone on these all over the place, back pockets, front pockets, crotch etc. don't really mind as the fit & fabric is so good. Will always have a pair of 710xx in rotation :)

Apologies for shitty iPhone pics

image_zpscfuyfdqe.jpg

image_zpsutgzskbc.jpg

My BKB arrived. Again, great service by Yuichi. I am disappointed by the small waist, only 34,5" at tagged 35". How much stretch can I ecpect from 17 oz? The other measurements are spot on.

W: 87cm

FR 30cm

BR: 41cm

T: 33,3cm

LO: 21,8 cm

IN: 89,5 cm (hemmed)

5iMJsDS.jpg
WjxzJ7X.jpg
lNpw37C.jpg
ccTOYrR.jpg
73F9Br4.jpg
AZndUD5.jpg
ig9cOlX.jpg

It's my third pair of 710s, the others were 34 and I thought I would be safe sizing up to 35. All measurements are perfect and roomy, but you can notice how slim the waist looks on the pictures. I think it must have been a mistake in the factory. I'll wether I can get a 36 instead, which might look pretty full in the legs then.

(Reign in Blood must be the most played album of my life. Got it in 1998 and ithasn't ceased to amaze me yet).

...I am disappointed by the small waist, only 34,5" at tagged 35"...

...It's my third pair of 710s, the others were 34 and I thought I would be safe sizing up to 35. All measurements are perfect and roomy, but you can notice how slim the waist looks on the pictures. I think it must have been a mistake in the factory...

I had the same issue with the S510OG 16oz AK in size 32 I bought f/ 2nd. The raw waist size was barely 32.0". I was thinking it was maybe just that lot that had a small waist. I'd really like to get another pair - mainly because that denim is so rad - but I'm not sure if I should go with a 33 or 34... 

I agree, a 36 would probably look off but I could hotwash it and shrink it a bit. I might give the 35 a soak with a Piece of Wood in the waist and see wether I can stretch them a bit. But I hate doing that.

Actually I had the waist checked and also compared to the BIG size Chart, but they're too small anyway.

Edited by Max Power

It's my third pair of 710s, the others were 34 and I thought I would be safe sizing up to 35. All measurements are perfect and roomy, but you can notice how slim the waist looks on the pictures. I think it must have been a mistake in the factory. I'll wether I can get a 36 instead, which might look pretty full in the legs then.

(Reign in Blood must be the most played album of my life. Got it in 1998 and ithasn't ceased to amaze me yet).

If the legs fit you fine you can use this http://www.amazon.com/Pant-Stretcher-Heavy-Instant-Stretch/dp/B00AZNK1RO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1434635712&sr=8-1&keywords=waist+stretcher I used it for sizing down on mine. I also use it for all unsanforized jeans that I buy to help me with sizing.

I think I've heard Giles from Iron Heart say they use a bar clamp of some kind to stretch out tight waists in the heavy models, but I had no idea someone actually engineered something specific like that.

It actually works amazing. Other companies use plastic and they break. This is just old fashioned wood and steel. I don't think they had high end jeans in mind when they made it, but it is awesome. I actually stretched these from a 32 to a 36. This is an extreme example though. 

MtwmFIy.jpg

Edited by sardonicsmirk