Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

^can you please post measurements? I'm about to pay for my 35 today, so it would be much appreciated. And would you say the blue thread pops out?

The blue thread is subtle. It does not really stand out. I got them in 34, so the waist was 35, the thigh was right about 12.5 and the hem was 8.25

Edited by sardonicsmirk

I thought I would share a couple of post soak pics. I soaked the legs in hot water and the waist/box in cold. I sized down because I wanted a tighter leg fit. They ended up fitting me exactly how I wanted.

cYpK07F.jpg?1

XElRRxS.jpg?14a9nIF9.jpg?1

Edited by sardonicsmirk

To continue to wear hmmmm? Since December 24th, 2010. 2 years of heavy wear

They are looking so beautiful faded now and still going strong. I would of course wear the hell out of them for some more years!!

I thought I would share a couple of post soak pics. I soaked the legs in hot water and the waist/box in cold. I sized down because I wanted a tighter leg fit. They ended up fitting me exactly how I wanted.

^exactly the fit I'm hoping for man, good one!

Picked up samurai 710 and a samurai western shirt. 
What do you guys think about the fit?

Usually wear skinnier cuts and im not used to the slim straight cut of the 710.

The 710 are a sz 30, soaked 3 times and also hemmed 
The shirt is a sz large 

DSCF3120.jpgDSCF3117.jpg

Pants were getting a little filthy so I cleaned em and obviously took pictures with better lighting.

Still looking very wearable!!

Got a pair of S0500 from Denimio. Took a chance since their measurements they gave me were weird, but thankfully the measurements they gave me were a bit off and they fit great. Gave them a warm soak but the leg's still a bit big but still good. Was thinking of trying to hot soak the leg but kind of lazy. So, instead I'm taking them to get hemmed today and will just deal with the wider leg (or hot soak the leg when I get them back). The denim is also great, not as hairy as the 19oz but definitely rougher and has a nice color. Definitely impressed. Also, the last pair I had to break in were my Fullcounts and those were soft from the get go. Forgot how stiff denim can be sometimes.

Quick pic + a shitty fit pic real quick (sorry about the terrible quality).

jigyfb.jpg

23hr66t.jpg

Edit: Also here are the measurements after a warm soak with agitation in the washing machine.

Before / After

Waist: 19 / 18.3

Front Rise: 12 / 11.5

Rear Rise: 16 / 15.5

Thigh: ~13.75 / 13.25

Knee: 10.25 / 9.875

Leg Opening: 9.25 / ~9

Edited by d-rew12

Hey Guys! So I went to take 5 today (the Shanghai location) and I was able to look at a bunch of brands that I have been admiring for a while on the internet. The fabric that stood out the most to me by far was the Samurai 17oz zero fabric. It was much rougher and slubbier than their 19 oz, and the color was much more blue and less gray. Honestly, I think it was the best looking fabric in the store (even when they had Flat heads, pbj's etc...). Anyways, I like a slimmer cut jean, and I was wondering what would be the slimmest cut in this denim? I think the 711vx is made in this denim, but I don't really like the low rise. I will be getting the jean tapered anyways, but I would only like to take in the knee and hem if possible, and not modify the thigh. I really appreciate the suggestions, I don't know much about the different Samurai models!

Ok cool thanks, I was aware of those three, didn't know if they made any others. I see that blue in green makes the 710 blue shadow which has the 17oz zero denim, but I was really hoping to buy straight from japan to save some money. I wonder if it would look weird to get one of the straight fitting jeans tapered, I know rail car does a really good job though.

Ok cool thanks, I was aware of those three, didn't know if they made any others. I see that blue in green makes the 710 blue shadow which has the 17oz zero denim, but I was really hoping to buy straight from japan to save some money. I wonder if it would look weird to get one of the straight fitting jeans tapered, I know rail car does a really good job though.

I have the 711 and I bought them from Denimio. They are amazing jeans. I have about six months wear on them. I will try and post some pics soon.

Received my 32" 710bkb which are, alas, too small so am looking to sell.

They've gone to new owner, but here are the measurements for anyone who needs.

After one hot soak with some agitation to remove starch, and a few hours wear:

Waist: 41.5cm / 32.5"

Upper Thigh: 30cm / 11.8"

Inseam: 86cm / 33.9" (hemmed to 90cm raw)

Front Rise: 36.5cm / 14.4"

Back Rise: 38cm / 15"

Leg opening: 20cm / 7.9"

Edited by errjoel

Just got my S0500's back from being hemmed, and just wanted to share a fit pic. This is the shortest I've ever hemmed a pair (I was getting tired of lots of stacks and multiple cuffs). I kind of wish I had an extra .5"-1" but they are still nice. The leg opening is also a bit bigger than I wanted (but I knew that beforehand), but my PBJ's were just as big so I'm not too worried. Also they are incredibly stiff below the knee so the stacks are settling kind of weird but it'll be fine when they soften up a bit, and I reset them. 

o0p5kp.jpg

Edit: Took a better pic (well worse quality) that shows the fit a little better 

2j48znp.jpg

Edited by d-rew12

have they been washed yet? they look loose for 0500

Gave them a warm soak in the washing machine. I could have gotten a bit more if I really needed to but wanted them to be a bit on the looser side. A lot of the measurements for these (in a sz36) that I've seen are roughly on par with what mine are.