Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

I agree. And I find the thread on the OG to behave exactly as on all my other Samurais. The arcs are also wearing off super fast, like on all the models with yellow ones.

On my og they're not breaking from wear like my xx, but just falling off. No problem if they break from abrasion, but this just seems like poor work.

But that's the last I'll say about thread, seems to be all I talk about here now haha

The areas where I've had issues with are mainly cosmetic, no real construction flaws except for one.

I guess the most problematic thing I've noticed is the stitching of the top button hole, which has broken.

The top button now always starts to break into the denim itself. Never really had that issue with any of my other pairs.

And they're not very tight either, just seems like the threading around the button hole broke quickly.

I'll make this the last I will say about the issue as well; my OG's have random ass threads popping in weird spots. I would have said its all cosmetic but the pocket stitching has almost all come loose, pocket needs to be re-sewn. Crotch stitching is starting to break as well. 710's have been in rotation since October, OG's since the end of November.

All that said, the 710xx have zero issues. The OG have more every time I look.

^^ cander49

Your jeans are so hardcore faded and showing strongest raw denim evolution.

I can't stop watching them. Be really sure to never ever theowing them away.

They have reached Holy Grail Status by far

MAN those things are worn to shreds! Even more every time you post! Did you fall into a pit of belt sanders or what!?

Haha, just under two years of very hard wear. They're really thinned out now, so everything is blowing out fast.

Does anybody have the Samurai 15oz Chinos?  The style is SJ42CP.  Based on the fit guide, it looks like I would be either a 38 (my true waist size) or possibly a 40.  If you have tried them on, do they run small in the waist?  The BIG fit guide seems to differ from the Rakuten fit guides.

Check a couple of pages back, Foxy posted his thoughts on them.
BiG measurements are more accurate, the size charts on Rakuten are usually generic ones from Samurai.
I'm interested in these as well, just need pull the trigger already!

Check a couple of pages back, Foxy posted his thoughts on them.

BiG measurements are more accurate, the size charts on Rakuten are usually generic ones from Samurai.

I'm interested in these as well, just need pull the trigger already!

Thanks.  It sounds like going up a size is the best bet.  I'll probably pull the trigger soon.  I just need to decide between BIG, in which case I can drive an hour, try them on, and pay a bit more, or rolling the dice with Rakuten. 

I only ski in bounds, but yeah! I've skied in them just over 100 times now!

You're so hardcore cander49

I also gave my IH 25 oz jeans some skiing and sledging days to prepare them for their second life part as my outdoor jeans

Thanks. It sounds like going up a size is the best bet. I'll probably pull the trigger soon. I just need to decide between BIG, in which case I can drive an hour, try them on, and pay a bit more, or rolling the dice with Rakuten.

These are no jeans and don't fit like any...

I had to size up 2 - there was no W33, but W34 fits just right.

I strongly recommend going through the effort of visiting BiG for two reasons:

- they are sized differently and fit differently compared to Samurai jeans

- if they don't turn out to fit or to be to your liking I would think it could be more difficult to sell them afterwards...unlike some Samurai jeans

Edited by Foxy2

Old jeans, new bed.

16516076745_5e96413f9c_z.jpg

16515028992_3d8142aa51_z.jpg

15893511094_037e68ac79_z.jpg

16490054646_5a0aa3a254_z.jpg

16490069196_c1c3bbdbcb_z.jpg

Bonus: jeans on iron console, next to fiancee-made chair (which I helped a bit on).

16329882189_6ca54136be_z.jpg

16514448201_f1fc5f4f48_z.jpg

Who needs TV when you can look at destroyed denim?  :)

Edited by cander49

Old jeans, new bed.

Bonus: jeans on iron console, next to fiancee-made chair (which I helped a bit on).

Who needs TV when you can look at destroyed denim?  :)

Cander49

You're such a hardcore raw denim trasher

I admire your incredible raw demim evolution results!!!

Would love to see them in real some day!!!!

Keep us updated on them for ever

Just dried these after their first wash - I love a freshly washed pair of denim - colors be popping.jDZvlTE.jpgI tried to get the color right in post, but it's never perfect...definitely some contrast peeking through but probably not as pronounced as this photo in person.

These probably have ~40-60 wears?  I've had them a year but they don't get on my body too often...

Edited by erase