Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Is the shrink noticable with subsequent washes? I initial hot soaked my pair twice but could use some more shrinkage for a more fitted look...

I think you can get some more shrinkage by doing a 40 degree wash in the machine. I've washed my Sams 4 times with 6 months of effective wear and love the fit after the last wash.

Not to derail too much, but has anyone noticed Okayama Denim's stated yen prices do not correspond correctly to their USD prices? Unless googling the exchange rate is incorrect they were off by quite a bit.

I noticed that, was thinking about buying something with the cyber monday discount but decided against it because of this.

Anyone familiar with S003JP denim? Saw some on Rakuten and I'm really tempting to get it. I wear size 32 in S710xx, should I get these in size 32 as well?

S003JP is more tighter fit. and slimmer for sure. can be a bit tight over at the calf for some. perhaps one size up could fit comfortably. :)  

Anyone familiar with S003JP denim? Saw some on Rakuten and I'm really tempting to get it. I wear size 32 in S710xx, should I get these in size 32 as well?

I wear a 34 in the 710 OG and used to have a pair of these in a 34 as well. They were waaaaay too tight. You should size up at least 1 depending on how your 710s fit.  If I were to buy another pair, I'd probably go with a 36 because I sized down on my 710s. 

S003JP is more tighter fit. and slimmer for sure. can be a bit tight over at the calf for some. perhaps one size up could fit comfortably. :)  

I wear a 34 in the 710 OG and used to have a pair of these in a 34 as well. They were waaaaay too tight. You should size up at least 1 depending on how your 710s fit.  If I were to buy another pair, I'd probably go with a 36 because I sized down on my 710s. 

Thanks for the reply guys! When I wear my 710, the upper part (waist, hip and thigh area) are perfect. But I think any part below the knees feels roomy. So sticking with size 32 would be safe in my case? Or go up a size is just a general rule for the S003JP?

No measurements yet but here's some quick snaps.

Color is fairly accurate, my Wild Child wallet is starting to leave a mark.

I'd like to take some better pictures when it's nicer outside, really rainy today so indoor lighting is all I've got.

bouOhAK.jpgEne1rrQ.jpg?1

Thanks!

I agree with your comparison, it does look similar to Eternal and the way their denim ages.

There's a lot of verticle character to the denim as well, like Eternal or The Flat Head.

The 710 cut is great, slim without being constricting at all.

I didn't get that much shrinkage in the soak and the washes. I agree, the denim gets way better with washing. It is by far the most blueish Fading in the Samurai's I've seen so far, the other denims tend to a greyish tone. And there's some nice electric blue & vertical falling developping, like on my pair. But I don't think it's too similar to Eternal in real life.

As they didn't shrink that much, I have not much roping or pluckering going on, like so often on Samurais.

Edited by Max Power

UHkCSD0.jpg

Anyone know what causes that flaring at the bottom of the pockets? I'm thinking maybe it's because the back rise is too long? I've hot soaked my pair of 710's twice, and tried doing another partial soak of the top block and still get that. I'm contemplating doing another hot soak and giving them a tumble dry. Any tips?

Jeans pictured aren't mine, but same issue.

UHkCSD0.jpg

Anyone know what causes that flaring at the bottom of the pockets? I'm thinking maybe it's because the back rise is too long? I've hot soaked my pair of 710's twice, and tried doing another partial soak of the top block and still get that. I'm contemplating doing another hot soak and giving them a tumble dry. Any tips?

Jeans pictured aren't mine, but same issue.

I get the flares when I don't wear my jeans high enough; i.e. at their proper rise level.