Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

My S710XX pair (size 35) has been washed three times (line dried only).  Here are the BiG measurements after a few days of wear (i.e., including stretch back):

Waist            36.25"

Front Rise    11.75"

Back Rise     15.75

Upper Thigh 12.75"

Knee              9.25"

@vince: it really sounds like you would need a size 34.

@warakia

I love that 19oz color! it's too bad 710s just won't work for me top block wise, even sized up. They look sick though

you could ytill go tor the 510XX19oz though :) and since you sized up on your 0500 and like a looser fit, the 510 cut might work for you too

@bf

Tried the 510 15oz tts. Ended up looking like a 90s raver chick. The leg opening too wide. I still have my naniwas TTS though since no one wanted to come up. Those are 19oz and I decided to keep them. I think In going to enter the DWC with those. Max said his didn't shrink much. I will post when i decide to finally rock..

My S710XX pair (size 35) has been washed three times (line dried only).  Here are the BiG measurements after a few days of wear (i.e., including stretch back):

Waist            36.25"

Front Rise    11.75"

Back Rise     15.75

Upper Thigh 12.75"

Knee              9.25"

Did it take much effort to stretch the waist back out to what I assume are close to pre-wash measurements? I'm kind of deciding between a 31 or 32 in the 710 myself. Thinking 31 since I have slim thighs and legs, but ideally I take around a true 32 waist. I wear Fullcount 1108s in a 30 for example but they are super stretchy denim and also much lighter weight.

Edited by Curious_George

In the UK, basically anything over about £30 (including postage costs) bought from outside the EU attracts additional VAT plus Customs Duties AND an administration charge. The £80 is probably about right if the jeans were declared at their true value from e2nd.

Ordered the 710OG from 2nd.... Shipped to UK. Customs looking just over £80 from myself!! Surely that can't be right??

Sorry dude, that's about right.... Been stung to the same tune with similar orders.

20% vat, 20% duties on cotton clothing plus parcel farces ridiculous fees for doing you the privilege of taking bloody ages to pay those fees on your behalf.

There's a new limited Edition: S510OG16oz-AK

main_s510og16oz_ak.jpg

Seems to be a natural indigo 16 oz organic denim.

On a sidenote - I decide to frequently wash the 500OG and they look like they would benefit from it. They still didn't shrink much (inseam went from 90,5 to 87cm) but there is some vertical falling and depth developping.

Did it take much effort to stretch the waist back out to what I assume are close to pre-wash measurements? I'm kind of deciding between a 31 or 32 in the 710 myself. Thinking 31 since I have slim thighs and legs, but ideally I take around a true 32 waist. I wear Fullcount 1108s in a 30 for example but they are super stretchy denim and also much lighter weight.

It only took a couple of wears to get the waist to stretch back out.  That said, the waist was pretty big to begin with (if I recall) on my size 35 710's, both XX and OG versions.  As the measurements suggest, I would describe the 710 has having a high rise and large waist/thigh ratio.  Probably not a good fit for very fit folks with large thighs.

710xx..  Size 34 post wash measurements?  BiG never responded to my email so need some help. 

I asked the same question and this was their reply:

Below are the estimated shrinkage results for both sizes. These estimates are based on machine washing and drying for maximum shrinkage. Less shrinkage could occur with just soaking and hang drying.

S710XX size 33 post-wash

Waist           - 32.5"

Front Rise      - 11"

Back Rise       - 14.5"

Upper Thigh     - 12â€~11.75"

Knee            - 9â€

Leg Opening     - 8â€

Inseam          - 36â€~35.5"

S710XX size 34 post-wash

Waist           - 33.5"

Front Rise      - 11.5"

Back Rise       - 15"

Upper Thigh     - 12.5â€~12.25"

Knee            - 9.25â€

Leg Opening     - 8â€

Inseam          - 36â€~35.5"

^

I wouldn't say that's common as the 19oz denim doesn't shrink that much. But with a tumble dry you might get that result (but I never used it too find out)

i do not like those arcs on the new special editions.  Almost look like the arcs on fake Samurai's.  The thread seems extra thick 

The Naniwa 2 have painted arcs as it seems. But I am with you. Samurai is doing a lot with arcuate variations on theor latest special editions. A lot with different colors

I think my Lot 14 710XX in 34 were above 12,5", maybe even 12,75" post soak. Don't know about the current lot, though. But as b_f said, the denim doesn't shrink that much.

I'm 99% sure the Naniwa II has painted arcs like the 3000VX. I am more surprised how black the denim looks and because of the black patch I thought it was a 19 oz black denim. Close ups seem to prove me wrong though. I like the fancy details in their limited editions, as there's enough models in the standard design and the carry a glimpse of the crazy SDA vibe. But of course the painted arcs or thick threads can't be removed...

TBH, I'd love to get the 19 oz tote bag. The 21 oz 2nd model is super useful for grocery shopping.

Edited by Max Power

Welp, I think I screwed these 710 up. Ordered a 32, probably should have opted for 31 or 30. Didn't think they'd be so huge (pre-soak)....what do you guys think?:

J64GmFs.jpg?1

iu6uiuy.jpg?1

And here are my Left Field Indigo Miners for reference of what I'm going for:

hiLqu4V.jpg?1

xd0f6T3.jpg?1