Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Are the current crop of 710XXs pretty commonly measuring +1 above tagged before soaking? I only ask because I've had issues in the past with Sammies that were actually much smaller than I expected.

My lot 17 samurai 710xx measured +1 above tagged or maybe more.

I hany pairs of raws but only 2 on rotation currently, including my S5000BK (Black warp/White weft). 

These are my first pair of Sammys and I have to say I love the s5000 fit and their Zero denim is insane. The fabric is so slubby it has completely worn off the hairs at the back of my calves, haha.  :D

I am also impressed with how fast this black denim is fading. There is about 1 month of wear on them and I already have a decent amount of wear on the thighs, crotch, wallet and phone fades on the back pockets, and the hidden rivets will be popping through in no time.

I tried to capture some of the details in these photos from Instagram:

Nice pictures! Looking forward to seeing these fade.

Cheers.

Hello,

After Buys from Samurai Jeans S5000 OG 16 OZ model plays I with the thought still ne model to add Samurai Jeans S003JP Yamato 15 OZ. Does someone have experience with this model? I look forward to your answer.

Thanks in ahead! Yours sincerely

Artisandenim is so good to his denim, his jeans get to go on vacation! :D In an awesome gesture I received his S5000VX 21oz yesterday to take them for a spin. My daughter was unimpressed, though.

6q3Yphll.jpg

I was all the more and celebrated with a couple beers.

Wn9uNMil.jpg

I can button them up no problem, and with a bit more stretch the waist will be perfect. The seat is a bit tighter than I expected, and the rise could be a bit higher, but I'm counting on stretch taking care of that. Right now I have a bit of hungry ass going on :ph34r:  I love the fit throughout the legs and the leg opening, this is exactly what I'm looking for. Here's fit pics from today:

H4D6TPel.jpg

7SpHoFul.jpg

fYEmOSPl.jpg

QeUpYdCl.jpg

The leg fit has priority to me, another model or going TTS would give more rise and a roomier top block but also more room in the legs, so SD1 on the S5000 it is.

Oh, and that denim  :blush: It's a real pleasure to handle.

And all the cheers to Artisandenim!

Hey Cucoo, nice fit!

Glad to see you are making them feel at home by drinking beer with them...

They are definitely a good match with your boots so I can see why the leg is important. Hope they are proving useful to your decision making process!

Hello,

After Buys from Samurai Jeans S5000 OG 16 OZ model plays I with the thought still ne model to add Samurai Jeans S003JP Yamato 15 OZ. Does someone have experience with this model? I look forward to your answer.

Thanks in ahead! Yours sincerely

I had both , the s0003jp, is slimmer and very low rise, I had to sell the s003jp

^^Fully agree about the awesome denim evo seen at Max jeans

The 19 oz denim (also the 510) usually Comes with the black arcs. But there should be some limited editions with yellow arcs like the  Samurai X 2nd 710xx and maybe also the Red Hawk at BiG.

(edit: b_f was quicker again)

You know I was a bit bored of the slow fading of my 500OG compared to other denims...so I'm thinking of experimenting with it by washing really frequently (weekly? every two weeks?) until the DWC starts. Would be a change of mind for me, but I always wanted to try a different approach. What holds me off is that the OG denim is fairly new and nobody knows how it will fade. I suppose it would just bleed equally, as it doesn't seem to produce high contrast...

Edited by Max Power

How can I order from Pirates? That is written everything in Asian. And there there are not to get beautiful models in Europe is.

Asian isn't a language ;)

You can buy from Rakuten. If you can read English, just use their English page here: http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/pirates/

So I've read through this entire thread while at work throughout the past month. And I still have absolutely no idea which size I need 34 or 35.

I'm mostly concerned about thigh and top block being too tight. I'm currently wearing SEXI23's size 33 which are currently 34.5 waist 12 thigh. Which is getting to the point of too tight for me in the thigh. I wear a belt so 34.5 is fine I'd assume.

I initially thought 34's 710x's would be perfect but the measurements I see from some people is no different than what I have (12'' thigh) Yet others say 34's ended up 12.7 In the thigh... Thats a huge difference from 12-12.7... Now I'm considering 35's but that's quite a jump.. Wondering if I'm over thinking it.

Anybody have size 34/35 POST wash measurements? It would be greatly helpful.

Edited by vince24L

So I've read through this entire thread while at work throughout the past month. And I still have absolutely no idea which size I need 34 or 35.

I'm mostly concerned about thigh and top block being too tight. I'm currently wearing SEXI23's size 33 which are currently 34.5 waist 12 thigh. Which is getting to the point of too tight for me in the thigh. I wear a belt so 34.5 is fine I'd assume.

I initially thought 34's 710x's would be perfect but the measurements I see from some people is no different than what I have (12'' thigh) Yet others say 34's ended up 12.7 In the thigh... Thats a huge difference from 12-12.7... Now I'm considering 35's but that's quite a jump.. Wondering if I'm over thinking it.

I just started wearing the 710xx19oz and bought size 35. Everything else fits me snug in the thighs, but the Sams are really comfortable. I did a warm soak and they didn't shrink much so I followed with a hot machine wash. The thighs are now 12.75". I just did the wash, so they haven't had a chance to stretch. This denim seems to stretch easily though, so if you can tolerate a snug fit at first the 34 might be better. Unlikely it shrinks from 13" to 12".

Size 34 pre-wash - 13"

Size 35 pre-wash - 13.25" (12.75" post wash)

@vince24l

I think most people in this thread, if not all, measure by BIGs standards. I know SE measures thighs from an inch below the crotch. FYI.

Otherwise 710s can fit pretty slim in the top depending on your build. Tried 2 pairs. Tts and sized up 2 (so I can skate in). First pair looked and fit great until I got active in em. Fashion over function. 2nd pair rise was too long FR to BR ratio. Didn't try the 35. Im more of a s0500 guy. Maybe look into those TTS

My tagged 35's measure 34" at the waist and 12.8"-ish at the thigh.  They are a bit more snug all around right after a hot wash.  The measurements I provided are after numerous wears, BiG style.

Edited by garden gnomes in space