Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Over the years I always hoped to get my hands on a pair of these and I was lucky this summer, when Edmond was selling lots of his japanese denims.

i wished i could too, edmond has quite alot of old pairs i've been looking for. unfortunately the sizing he's wearing is too big for me. glad that it's your size! haha.

@Atzec What a great jeans you got here.

Great to see them at your legs  in the next Contest!!!

What I'm trying to say is, the 5000vx 21oz seems to check most of my wishlist boxes all in one (Samurai - slim-straight fit - heavy denim), so I think I'll decide on them.

I opted for the same for my first pair of Sams, they are currently having their first wash at 6 months. I can give measurements new/postsoak/worn/postwash for a 33" waist if you'd like. Will get some pics up later once dried, likely next couple days work/sun dependant.

While I can't speak for non-21oz VX denim, the 21oz is the closest to perfect I've worn in any jean. Thus far very happy with my decision, informed largely by this massive thread so thanks all.

How new/old are these?

Looks like a starch snail trail? If only a partial soak, starch can be absorbed into wet/dry boarder. A full soak with some agitation should sort it. 

Edit: or default to answer below

Edited by errjoel

So I did a partial soak of the top block of my Samurai's and they came back with a weird line across the leg. I'm sure that part of the leg wasn't in the water, but it looks like it might be a water stain. Am I totally boned here? Any idea what could have caused it / how to fix it?

This is just the typical crust line reflecting the limit where the denim fabric was getting wet.

This can happen quite often, when you just partially soak some denim fabric.

The wet line is always a little bit higher then the part who was really in the water since the cotton fibres are soaking the water a little bit up in direct of the dry part.

You can minimize this risk when turning inside out when soaking but there is no full guarantee that you can avoid this.

And as longer you wait as stronger the line will show up because after a long wear time this crust line will also have dirt in it

edit: as always, i got impatient and ordered the 32 from Pirates. Let's hope they fit, because there's no exchanging these.

After I shrink these with a hot soak, will they probably just stretch back out to tagged measurements?

Edited by An Oxymoron

The crotch seam on my 710's pretty much ripped apart after only a month or so of wear. Has anyone else had this happen? Pictures can be seen in the IH Forum thread here (I haven't figured out how to post pics on SUFU yet):

http://www.ironheart.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=475.new#new

Wow, I've never seen that happen before. Also that's never happened to any of my Samurai Jeans. I'm almost afraid to ask what you were doing at the time when it ripped.

It's cotton thread but nothing a sewing machine can't fix.

Wasn't doing anything special...I am surprised at how quickly the crotch seam ripped. I wore a pair of Iron Hearts and a pair of Strike Golds for over a year and have no issues at all...

Artisandenim is so good to his denim, his jeans get to go on vacation! :D In an awesome gesture I received his S5000VX 21oz yesterday to take them for a spin. My daughter was unimpressed, though.

6q3Yphll.jpg

I was all the more and celebrated with a couple beers.

Wn9uNMil.jpg

I can button them up no problem, and with a bit more stretch the waist will be perfect. The seat is a bit tighter than I expected, and the rise could be a bit higher, but I'm counting on stretch taking care of that. Right now I have a bit of hungry ass going on :ph34r:  I love the fit throughout the legs and the leg opening, this is exactly what I'm looking for. Here's fit pics from today:

H4D6TPel.jpg

7SpHoFul.jpg

fYEmOSPl.jpg

QeUpYdCl.jpg

The leg fit has priority to me, another model or going TTS would give more rise and a roomier top block but also more room in the legs, so SD1 on the S5000 it is.

Oh, and that denim  :blush: It's a real pleasure to handle.

And all the cheers to Artisandenim!

The crotch seam on my 710's pretty much ripped apart after only a month or so of wear. Has anyone else had this happen? Pictures can be seen in the IH Forum thread here (I haven't figured out how to post pics on SUFU yet):

I had something similar happen to a pair of Roy's, but not quite to that extent.

Should be an easy fix.

Although seldom this can happen to cotton thread.

When fixing it early, your jeans should be ready for a long life

Anybody currently working on a pair of black sammies?

Saw that scwheel  had a pair of Black Hawks but sold them.

I hany pairs of raws but only 2 on rotation currently, including my S5000BK (Black warp/White weft). 

These are my first pair of Sammys and I have to say I love the s5000 fit and their Zero denim is insane. The fabric is so slubby it has completely worn off the hairs at the back of my calves, haha.  :D

I am also impressed with how fast this black denim is fading. There is about 1 month of wear on them and I already have a decent amount of wear on the thighs, crotch, wallet and phone fades on the back pockets, and the hidden rivets will be popping through in no time.

I tried to capture some of the details in these photos from Instagram:

10725050_354014704767696_805113055_n.jpg

1799648_881569321860688_1256635701_n.jpg

1515416_736299929790801_1645463668_n.jpg

1172229_701026369975219_781793304_n.jpg

10541875_531560966975489_609633905_n.jpg

10809972_517568605012256_1040370469_n.jp

10632331_502683109867629_409307614_n.jpg

10666281_527179874094320_408501587_n.jpg

10611105_338159099676848_1524031139_n.jp