Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

It is, dispite the waist being fairly tight. That's what the BIG measurements already indicated (but they weren't up when I ordered). Anyway, that denim is wonderful and should stretch back. The thighs are perfect and the leg opening is even slimmer than I expected.

Strange, how much more royal blue the 710 OG looks in comparison. I thought the 500 would look alike after the soak & wash, but they're still more greyish. I haven't worn the 710 more than 4 times, so either it fades pretty fast or the denim is another Lot. The second picture in #21398 shows that a bit.

Edited by Max Power

Keep us posted on the waist stretch Max.  I find it easier to stretch the waist a bit than to avoid my wife's cookies, but you're looking trim already.

John

They stretched back pretty easily. I didn't take measurements, but they are a lot better already. Would have preferred 1" more from the start, but that's no big deal in this case. I'm not sure wether much more stretch will occur. as the whole fabric is still stiff I think the fit in the top block will improve in a few days.

Edited by Max Power

Hi, I'm about to buy my first pair of samurai, in particular s711vx and I'm a bit worried about the size. I measured a pair of N&F which fit well and the waist is 83cm. I asked Pirates and they suggested me 33 but I think they would be really really big. What do you think? 32 could be good?

Thank you

Hi, I'm about to buy my first pair of samurai, in particular s711vx and I'm a bit worried about the size. I measured a pair of N&F which fit well and the waist is 83cm. I asked Pirates and they suggested me 33 but I think they would be really really big. What do you think? 32 could be good?

Thank you

It seems like a 32 could work based on various sizing charts that show a range of 82-85cm in the size 32 waist. The waist could be kind of tight after you wash them, but they'll stretch back to raw (or beyond) after a few days/week of regular wear. It's a bit surprising Pirates recommended a 33 given their own chart lists the size 33 waist at 86cm.

For what it's worth, I've been wearing a size 34 for several weeks and the waist has definitely stretched beyond raw, but I'll put measurements up tonight to confirm. Other factors you'll want to consider are the rise and thigh. Measure the jeans you're in currently and compare them with the 711 various sizing charts online. If your N&F are slim or skinny cuts then the thigh may not be that much of an issue for you, but in my opinion, the 711 rise is very low.

Did you happen to give them any other measurments than just the waist? Because if I remember correctly, the things on the 711 are pretty tight. So that recommendation by pritates might be due to that and not the waist measurement. Since the larger waist can be solved by a belt but if they have too small of a thigh, you won't be able to wear them.

The tight should be ok the only problem could be the waist, this is what the wrote me:

S711VX would shrink about 4-5 cm.

Please refer to this chart.

This is raw measurements of S711VX.

size

waist

inseam

upper thigh (round)

leg opening (round)

front rise

back rise

(cm)

I think size 33 would fir you good , but I'm sorry I don't have size 33.

May I get S711VX in size 33 for you?

(their chart is very different from what I can find in samurai jeans website, as their raw measurements are really similar to those of samurai's one wash chart) 

Anyone with post soak waist measurements of the 710og's in a w35 or 36? Trying to decide between the two. Thanks

cmo,

I have a size 35.  Here are the measurements after a 45 minute warm soak, line dry, and about two full days of wear, including stretching.  Haven't washed them in the machine yet.

John

Waist              36.5"

Front Rise      11.5"

Back Rise      16.0"

Upper Thigh  13.0"

Knee               9.5"

Leg Opening   8.5"

They can stretch a lot further than that. My size 34s measure around 38 inches after a couple weeks. And that's after 2 warm machine washes. The OG denim can be really stretchy if you need it to be. Also, last time I checked a couple days ago, Denimio had stock in every size.

Edited by B-Sandy

I haven't had any of the experience with the 19 oz denim but I'm sure they stretch at least as much as the 19 oz does and probably more. The OGs also measure an inch larger in the waist than the 19 oz does in the same size. If you're worried once you soak the 34s, just wear them while slightly damp or stretch the waistband before you put them on. Should have no problem if all the other measurements will work.

hi.  i am wondering if you would say that the 

15oz S003JP Yamato 15th Anniversary Model

or the

15oz S003JP Yamato - Slim Tapered Leg Fit

are a loose weave with really good breathability? 

basically, i'm looking for a very breathable slim tapered denim.  i love oni, but if i can't find the fit i may need to look at other brands and i like samurais selection and have never owned a pair of them. 

i have some PBJ xx-012 but i would like a jean with a little stronger taper, and i found that oni are more breathable than these PBJ.  

I appreciate any advice!!!  thanks.