Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

I saw a post where someone said the OG denim looks darker. Would that be due to the organic cotton absorbing more of the color or did they dye them differently?

It might be that less weft Shows through, also because of the lighter weight. Just look back at my comparison between the OG and 19 oz. Don't think that the organic Cotton has something to do with it.

voMuTES.jpg

so the og fits bigger than a regular 710!? and the 711vx fits tighter than a standard 710?!?

My 710 OG fits tighter than the 710XX, at least in the crotch. Can't tell that from the measurements, but the feeling says so. 

The 711VX are way too tight in the thighs for my liking. As I thought judging by Samurai's size Chart.

Edited by Max Power

Well the denim looks beautiful even though I'm wondering if I should have gotten the 19oz for the texture. My biggest problem is once I decide on a pair I can find a million reasons to try another pair. My concerns with all Samurai Denim seems to be inconsistent sizing, which could drive a person insane.

Already just waiting on this pair is driving me insane. I'm on here talking just to pass the time.

once again the sizing gods have not favored my undertakings as a denim addict.  I really want a pair of samurais now that i have seen them in person ( a friend got some of the 19 oz 710xx)

here are some pics from my 710og, like said above sizing can be tricky and find them a little too big especially the top block. I'll let you judge :)

the denim itself is great, i'm not used to this kind of weight but they are very confortable.

I'm definitly not sure about the fit as i'm pretty skinny and used to skinny fit, please let me know what you guys think. I love them, i know that what matters :) but still ...

IMG_2679_zps96422b79.jpg

IMG_2681_zpsa827f8cc.jpg

IMG_2683_zpse92063b7.jpg

Most people fill out the seat more, so you are getting a bit of a baggy anti-fit but it will look more natural once the denim relaxes. It isn't realyl the "intended" fit for 710XX but (for what its worth) it looks fine to me. 

of course...If you don't like it, you don't like it. 

Finally got mine in, and they fit like a charm post soak. Just have to wait till Sunday before I can finally get them in the water.

First impressions, love it. Not much more than that, denim looks great, obviously not as full of "character" like s710 but expect the washes to bring the true beauty out.

You can always get the 19 oz and that in many cuts. So you've done everything right. I think the 16 oz could turn out to be my favorite denim yet.

Good to hear you're liking the 710-OG Max.  Is it the denim, details, fit, or all of the above?

John

It's the denim - slubby, unique colour, dark and probably prone for high contrast fading. I love green selvage - so that's a Plus (and they even have a selvage button fly). The fit is good, but I still feel like the crotch is slimmer than on the XX. That's the main thing that bugs me - and it didn't get to the point where I'm not noticing it. And the front pockets are super tight - I hope these stretch as well.

Edited by Max Power

I think the front pocket is due to the UES thing. All my other jeans feel tight after putting my UES. It's the only thing i really love with the pair.

I don't regret to buy the OOE instead this one but that a seriously well done pair of jean.

My 710OG just came in today and they are amazing. Fit seems to be great especially if they are going to stretch in the waist. Damn buttons almost break my fingers just putting one button in. Love the patch as it thick and beautiful. My GF even seems to be coming around to denim because of them or at least that's whay I'm telling myself.

I would love to try the 25oz but just thinking about the buttons puts fear in my heart.

I'm in love with Samurai right now. All these little details and the quality of the denim makes me drool. Tryng to decide on a hem or just huge cuffs. Probably will get them hemmed but I'll have to find a place that chainstitchs in Tn.

Edited by personpitch85

I would love to try the 25oz but just thinking about the buttons puts fear in my heart.

I'm in love with Samurai right now. All these little details and the quality of the denim makes me drool. Tryng to decide on a hem or just huge cuffs. Probably will the hemmed but I'll have to find a place that chainstitchs in Tn.

If you can't find anyone local, you can always ship them to Railcar Fine Goods or Denim Therapy. I know Self Edge will chainstich previously owned denim, but I'm not sure whether you have to drop them off in person or if they accept deliveries for chainstiching/repair services.

I want to find a place locally because right now I don't want to have to wait to keep wearing them. I don't even care how humid it is right now. I've had Nudies and eternals before and I just feel like these jeans are levels above what I've tried. If you can't tell I'm ecstatic and will probably get on everyone's nerves by continuously gushing about these jeans.

A bit late to the party but here is a pic of my 710og:

zk0VhTSl.jpg

I played it save and went tts (31w). I've been wearing them for the last couple of days, they are just something else (love the green selvedge  ;) )

measurements after two machine washes:

waist 31.6"

thigh 11.8"

knee 8.5"

leg opening 7.9"

inseam hemmed to 31.5"

A bit late to the party but here is a pic of my 710og:

zk0VhTSl.jpg

I played it save and went tts (31w). I've been wearing them for the last couple of days, they are just something else (love the green selvedge  ;) )

measurements after two machine washes:

waist 31.6"

thigh 11.8"

knee 8.5"

leg opening 7.9"

inseam hemmed to 31.5"

Whats your height ?