Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

And they're here!

Here's some preliminary photos, I will report back with pre and post soak measurements.

The selvedge line on these is really interesting, macro shots make it look like a bunch of random threads jumbled together.

xYb3jQX.jpg

yPyarZg.jpgrmCdkT1.jpg

Edit with pre-soak measurements, BiG style:

Waist: 38 in.

Front rise: 12 in.

Back rise: 16 in.

Upper thigh: 13.5 in.

Knee: 10 in.

Leg opening: 8.5 in.

Inseam: 38.5 in.

Edited by Broark

Thanks guys!
I'll try to snap some fit pics, although I'm notorious for promising them and never delivering...  :ph34r:

They're currently in the tub soaking, then out to the balcony to hang dry.

I tried to take as good of a macro shot at possible with my phone, the right side of the selvedge in the photo is a pretty accurate representation of what it looks like.

I really like the khaki colored pocket bags and back pocket liners.

I would say that the most accurate photo color wise would be the first one I posted, they're fairly dark but still have little tufts of weft showing up throughout.  These aren't quite as slubby as some of the other Samurai denims, but it is still quite irregular.

While soaking I felt like the denim actually became a bit more irregular, if that's possible.

I've had different pairs get a bit more hairy as well after hitting water, but while agitating these in the tub I felt like the irregularity in the weave became more noticeable to the touch.

Or maybe I'm just going crazy.

I'm sure it'll be easier to tell once they've dried.

Awesome broark, looks beautiful. Honestly denim comes alive after it hits water, so I am interested to see what they look like after. Are they hidden arcs as well, or just stealth?

Also dont be afraid on spin wash. Have never had a problem with spin, just to ve careful pull them inside out.

Did yoy pick up a pair bf?

Edited by bradl

They've been drying for a little while outside and I can tell the denim is definitely a bit different after the soak.

The arcs are actually stealth as well as hidden.

I've never really had much of an issue with the spin cycle, except for my Roy's just recently.

Threw 'em in and ended up with a hole on the inside / top of the back pocket.  :wacko:

Does anyone know the best way to stretch out the top block ? For some reason I have this issue with every 710 I've tried. The waist has a decent size gap that sticks out on my backside. But from the waist down to the thigh is a little tight for pre soak. The thighs are ok tho... Should I wear them for a few days before I soak them? So I can stretch them out a little bit. Or just warm soak and wear ?

Does anyone know the best way to stretch out the top block ? For some reason I have this issue with every 710 I've tried. The waist has a decent size gap that sticks out on my backside. But from the waist down to the thigh is a little tight for pre soak. The thighs are ok tho... Should I wear them for a few days before I soak them? So I can stretch them out a little bit. Or just warm soak and wear ?

Wish I could advise CJ23, but I have the same issue with my S710XX's.  Love the fit overall but the waist sticks out in back when I sit down, making me vulnerable to a family prankster pouring some water in there when I'm not looking ;-)

Regarding your question, the hard part is stretching the top block without further expanding the waist.

John

Wish I could advise CJ23, but I have the same issue with my S710XX's.  Love the fit overall but the waist sticks out in back when I sit down, making me vulnerable to a family prankster pouring some water in there when I'm not looking ;-)

Regarding your question, the hard part is stretching the top block without further expanding the waist.

John

Maybe he's not a prankster - just trying to help shrink the denim!

Slipped them on today after they dried overnight and the 710 cut is pretty ideal.

At first I thought they were a bit too slim but they stretched a little bit just in that short amount of time.

The denim after the soak is quite stiff (as to be expected) and got a bit more hairy as well.

Definitely going to need these hemmed at some point.

I'll post some more pictures soon!

Got any post soak measurements ?

Slipped them on today after they dried overnight and the 710 cut is pretty ideal.

At first I thought they were a bit too slim but they stretched a little bit just in that short amount of time.

The denim after the soak is quite stiff (as to be expected) and got a bit more hairy as well.

Definitely going to need these hemmed at some point.

I'll post some more pictures soon!