Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

^ Yup, got them on pre-order.

Thought it would be a good idea to have a slim, but straight cut from Samurai - not so sure how it will turn out, though.

I will probably get negged for this, but I don't like the contrast arcs that much. (easy to say, as I got already one pair that feature them, but I didn't know that when I bought them). Maybe they have been on too many collabs and limited editions and are just a tad cheesy.

The denim also looks lighter in colour than the regular denim.

I think it's tough to be certain on the color of the denim at this point based off the last pictures alone...looking at the other pics we have seen they looked quite a bit darker... in this picture they set are against a black and grey back ground which can certainly confuse the eye into seeing these as a lighter indigo as black is the utimate dark shade everything will look lighter in comparison .. Just my 2 cents. I'm still picking up a few pair, but would prefer darker indigo myself and am hoping that's the case.

Google translate:

"I have been using cloth surge of yarn unevenness due to organic cotton. I have been using the "beige" and "Chisho model". Also serves as an accent and reinforcement, I have the entire tension also in the back pocket"

No clue what this means!! Any insight appreciated....

Do you guys think these are gonna sell out as pre-orders? I don't really have the funds now to grab a pair and was hoping to wait until they officially come out.

No, I would be pretty surprised. 

Also, I must not have good eye sight but I can't really even tell what the arcs are. 

Anyways, anyone know wtf this is meant to be?

"Application Guidelines" "Staff who live in the world of war" series 16 Anniversary samurai jeans Chisho model
  • S710OG16oz
  • S553OG16oz
Strategist model
  • S500OG16oz
  • S552OG16oz
Fierce warrior model
  • S5000OG16oz
  • S551OG16oz
Brave general model
  • S3000OG16oz
  • S555OG16oz

From the person you purchase "four models" or more out of each model, which had you apply, in the lottery to 3 persons 16 anniversary special limited jeans will be released in December 2014 "S510OG16oz-AK (Taiko model)" we will present the G Jean denim only to be used for the "16oz this indigo persimmon juice organic cotton Serubitchidenimu" specification.

G Jean The size of the customers who received choose from four types of S551XX samurai classic (1st type) · S552XX (2nd type) · S553XX (3rd type) · S555VX of (war type), was elected (36.38.40- I make it at 42.44.46). It becomes the specification of the classic G Jean basically non-denim.

"Four or more" (lower bill) collected entry ticket who are for each model of "staff who live in the world of war" 16 anniversary samurai jeans, postal code, address, name (phonetic), gender, age, phone number Please apply by mail after specifying the (address at which it can receive email from a PC), e-mail address (reachable number during the day).

"Eligible" "Staff who live in the world of war" series 8 model 16 Anniversary Samurai jeans (jeans model 4 · G Jean 4 models)

"Campaign period" (Chisho model strategist model after release) (as indicated by the postmark on the envelope) to December 31, 2014 September 1, 2014

"Lottery and presentation" After the application deadline, we will determine the winner on a strict lottery. As well as I am allowed to directly contact the person in question, announcement of the winner will be published in the initial samurai on HP. However, please note that the announcement of the winners may be delayed due to circumstances because there is.

"Notes" It will be considered as invalid for your application in the following cases.
  • If there is a complete lack of necessary information in the application content
  • If the number of entry ticket is insufficient
  • If you contact us in case of winning can not tell
  • If for reasons unknown, etc., your address, new address of the customer is not able to deliver the prize
The entry ticket that had you apply, your letter, etc. are not able to return, please understand. 

Addressee of the prize, I will limit it to the address of the person in question that has been submitted. Please refrain from inquiries about the election of telephone etc.. Please note that there is likely to be changed by the situation specification of the prize. It is not possible to exchange the prize that has been won.

* The proper management of personal information obtained through this questionnaire, you will be used only for direct mail from our shipping and prizes.

"How to apply" (Address at which it can receive email from a PC), and to it Write a hot message for the Samurai jeans, e-mail address (reachable number during the day) postal code, address, name (phonetic), gender, age, phone number paper, as well as on your enclosed, please send it to samurai in the sealed letter always entry ticket who are for each model of "staff who live in the world of war" 16 anniversary Samurai jeans (under bill) to "four or more" which became .

I looked at it in Japanese.  People who buy one of these new 16 oz. models are eligible to be entered in a contest ending in December, from which three winners will receive a denim jacket made from the new 16 oz. organic denim.  The winner can choose between a Type I, II, III and Taiko model denim jacket, in the size of their choice.  Probably Samurai has a little bit of the 16 oz. denim left over from the production run for these limited models, and is offering the contest as a way to use up the last of it.  Pretty cool idea (and getting an almost one-of-a-kind jacket is cool, too.)

From the pics it doesn't look like they have the contrast arcs, more so just a pocket bag that's been stitched. Maybe I'm wrong, but my naniwa's pocket bags aren't stitched (through) the same way.

Yes, that could be true. The contrast arcs have a pretty thick line of thread, and these seem way thinner. Maybe it's just a lined pocket attatched with the black arcs. I'd prefer that a lot.

I was hoping for the 710 to have the dark olive green pocket bags however.

Edited by Max Power

^so far nobody here should have touched or seen the denims. As organic does just say something about how the cotton is grown, not how the denim is made. The cotton itself should not  behave or feel different from normal cotton.

Thanks for the reply, but I am just wondering if the organic grown cotton has a long staple or short staple, which will affect the texture or hand feel of the denim itself.

^ Yup, got them on pre-order.

Thought it would be a good idea to have a slim, but straight cut from Samurai - not so sure how it will turn out, though.

Yeah, I like the knee down on the 710s, but the thighs on me look a little too baggy for my taste. A size down would be beneficial but since these will drop, might as well try these. But yeah, not sure how it will turn out...I tried to cancel my pre-order based on being scared if these will work lol. Couldn't cancel so I'll just have to stick with it!

Thanks for the reply, but I am just wondering if the organic grown cotton has a long staple or short staple, which will affect the texture or hand feel of the denim itself.

just as Max already said, it's about how the cotton is grown (no pesticides, no fertilizers for at least 3 years in a row...ideally).

It has nothign to say about the length of the fibers because that's a thing of the varieties used.

But if you look at organic production throughtout farming where organic apples and the like are smaller...I rather think the organic variety would be shorter than the variety that was fertilizers.

And every post-harvest treatment will effect the outcome of the denim (e.g. bleaching of the cotton) but has also nothing to do with organic production in the first place

I believe cotton was cultivated in Japan in the past in significant quantities (Edo Ai period) and more recently, in very limited supply in Hannan, Osaka following the tsunami and resultant flooding in 2011. Fields previously given over to rice cultivation were no longer able to continue due to the salt and were therefore lying fallow. Fortunately, cotton is highly salt-tolerant and can be grown in the fields saturated by seawater as it wicks salt from the soil. The Hannan project began in 2012 on 2000 square metres of flooded fields and the cotton is grown organically.