Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

@beautiful_FrEaK in your brilliant fit guide, I noticed you sized down to 34 with the 510 and was a 35 in the 710. Should one always size down (from 710 size) 1 in getting the correct fit for the 510? I am hesitant to size down from my 710 size because of the high rise.

Thank you for that guide by the way, it has helped me very very much.

Well in the end it's up to you. In my ignorance I would say, that you should get the same size in every cut from one brand to get the designer's intended fit. I only got the 710 in size 35 because I was afraid of the thighs being to tight...in the end I would go with a 34 if I would buy them again. And in the 710OG, I think I would also get a size 34 this time :)

Got bored yesterday and started bidding on yahoo.jp on a pair of 2000 Millennium (I or II from 2000 or 2001)...

a91cb64635f9568313f28578241efec5_zps1691

cea46ff31ab968ccc9e449ecbf711a51_zps7b96

Stopped at €100 since I wasn't really convinced that this pair was in my size.

Speaking of updates. 7 weeks in:

image-8.jpg

image-15.jpg

image-9.jpg

image-16.jpg

Before and after building a deck in the backyard. Washed then one decent skate sesh holler

Current specs:

Samurai S0500XX One Wash tagged 36

About 5 weeks effective wear

4 washes with mild detergent

1 wash no soap

One soak

W 96

Fr 29.5

Br 40

Th 34

In 90

Lo 22.5

I could have gone 34 and been fine. The waist on these stretched out 6cm from it's one washed state but it actually suits my lifestyle, lol. They are coming along though and I'm very happy. I think in the future I'll go 34 for sure. Waiting for the 500OG august release but debating the 710s....

Edited by Robert Langdon

I'm sorry if this has been asked...but what are the distinguishing factors between the Zero 17oz denim and the 19oz denim besides the weight? I have a pair of the 710xx 19oz and would like to try the 17oz. Is it neppy and slubby like PBJ or is it very similar to the 19oz? I've also read that even though it's 17oz, it feels and fits rather light which is good for hotter climates. Is that true as well?

Hi folks. I'm looking at buying a pair of S500VX. I'm a 29" waist and would like a 32" inseam after washing / soaking. Do I go true to size and have them hemmed to a 34" before I introduce them to water?

I've got a pair of the 5000vx in a tag 29. I could very easily have sized down one with these, they are by far my 'loosest' jeans. At first I was unsure I could make them work, so threw them in the machine for a hot wash (still hung dry though) . I had them hemmed by 2nd before sending to 87cm so nearly 34" anticipating a 2" loss and 32" result. They have now had two hot washes but have only lost 1" and seem stuck at 33". Happy to rock em with a cuff for the moment before I decide wether or not to pop off another inch. They seem to suit a cuff quite well.

I've said it before - although unsure at first, I seem to like these more and more as time goes on. If I ever got another pair then I would size down but I'm not too bothered now - it makes a bit of a change from all my other slim cuts which are the usual choice.

I'm sorry if this has been asked...but what are the distinguishing factors between the Zero 17oz denim and the 19oz denim besides the weight? I have a pair of the 710xx 19oz and would like to try the 17oz. Is it neppy and slubby like PBJ or is it very similar to the 19oz? I've also read that even though it's 17oz, it feels and fits rather light which is good for hotter climates. Is that true as well?

I have the 710xx and the Black Shadows which use the black 17oz denim. The 17oz feels noticeably lighter and seems to breath more for sure. It also feels rougher. It's not much slubbier than the 19oz, though, and it isn't as slubby as PBJ's standard 14oz. But overall I would say it's closer to the PBJ denim than it is the 19oz on the 710xx.

Hi folks. I'm looking at buying a pair of S500VX. ?

Hi Ceffyl,

Just noticed, Can I confirm we are talking about the s5000vx and not the S0500? I don't have any experience with the latter... Yet. Sorry I didn't pick that up yesterday, was a bit hyped up after watching the Dutch destroy Spain in such an amazing fashion!

If so 28 will probably be a good bet. Just shout if you want any more pre/post soak measurements from the 29's.