Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

[snip] just trying to figure out sizing for the upcoming 160z organic

well... keep in mind that the 16oz is a new denim which no one here has any experience with and it may behave differently than the standard 710XX 19oz denim.

That being said, I expect it to be close enough in shrink/stretch that i'm going to take a size 34 which is the same size I would buy the 19oz in if I were picking up a pair today...(cause my size 33 is being challenged by my slowing metabolism :( )

well... keep in mind that the 16oz is a new denim which no one here has any experience with and it may behave differently than the standard 710XX 19oz denim.

That being said, I expect it to be close enough in shrink/stretch that i'm going to take a size 34 which is the same size I would buy the 19oz in if I were picking up a pair today...(cause my size 33 is being challenged by my slowing metabolism :( )

I sized down on my S710, going to go with the 34 if I decide on the 710. Wish I went tts on my 710, as they're about read to blow apart at the crotch after 6 months :(

But I still got hit on my recent order.... FedEx letter with customs bill 7days later

Yeah, FedEx is the worst. I won't buy from overseas business's if they ship using them. Yes, I know it's the law and all that bullshit but the fucking Government gets enough of my hard earned cash to fund their industrial military complex already.

What do you think about tapering 710s from the knee down? My friend is convinced my jeans need to be tapered a bit more.

Going to take them to Schaeffers Garment Hotel tomorrow but wanted to know what y'all thought - anyone done this before ?

I personally like the cut of the 710 as is.  It's a good middle fit (not too tight and not too baggy).  I find the 710 looks good with some shoes (boots) and my other tapered cut jeans look better with other shoe types.  If you really want a more tapered fit I'd suggest buying a more tapered cut from another brand.  Pure Blue Japan and Strike Gold have some nice ones.  Altering a great cut like the 710 just sounds wrong to me but there your jeans so you need to make the final call.

IMO they're his jeans and he should do what he wants with them.  If he wants them tapered then he should totally do that, all that matters is what he thinks since he's the one who's gonna be wearing them.  Can't really call them a second skin if the fit isn't perfect.

Yeah I know, sorry, the pronouns weren't super clear.  I was responding to him, not the other opinions.

Wow, I really misunderstood that whole post, my bad  :blush: Anyway, those look great! Def no need for a taper

haha I was just kidding its not the worst fit on sufu, your waist and thigh aread looks pretty solid but for me the knee down looks a slightly, just slightly wide. 

edit: how many washes or soaks and how was it dried? From what I've read that the Samurais 710 shrinks A TON. 

Edited by whackedout

@whackedout - 1 pre-soak (60 min warm) and a machine wash (40 min warm) ... here's some info about my pair:

SZ. 32 ... I am 5' 8'' and 165 ibs , I'd say average build. Other than the slight slight wideness from the knee down, I'd definitely recommend the jeans based on stitching, quality of material, and overall construction. 

edit: the pre-soak was in a bathtub

edit: dried both outside on a hanger in the sun

Edited by halfbaiked