Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Looks like I have to reserve a pair of the 710... ;)

great sourcing of the pre-view pics S-Town!

edit: Imo the color is pretty dark (or did I misread the comments aboce talking about light color?!)

image.jpg

very thick leather patch, similar to IH

And interesting style on the selvage

image.jpg

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

Nice one for the pics S-Town.

Is nobody else going to mention that the patches alone are minor works of art? They look amazing.

I was wondering about the chinos in that photo set, curious if they're the same ones that BiG has or a new model.

Still thinking about getting the ones at BiG just can't figure out the sizing and the waist seems real tiny.

Those look amazing...  :ohmy:  :ohmy:  :ohmy: Was thinking about getting a pair of The Strike Gold for my next pair, but it looks like it'll be another pair of 710xx haha 

... in terms of sizing, just get my normal 710xx fit right? (the oz. won't matter). Anyone down for a fade contest ??? 

These look awesome.  Does anyone know if these are going to be different than the 17oz VX denim BiG was talking about being released this summer, or one in the same. 

To be honest Im confused with the organic 710's the VX 710's and the 711's,  So I may be getting 3 new pairs.  Old ladys not going to be happy.

Will probably order S711VX along with S500OG16oz.

The denim jackets are a bit dull, but it's thought to compete with the elements series...

Like a few other items from the new collection, too.

sam 710s and FH 3009 fit me very well, where do you guys buy your wooden coathangers for your jeans online?

These look awesome.  Does anyone know if these are going to be different than the 17oz VX denim BiG was talking about being released this summer, or one in the same. 

To be honest Im confused with the organic 710's the VX 710's and the 711's,  So I may be getting 3 new pairs.  Old ladys not going to be happy.

Yes, the VX should be the standard 17 oz denim whereas the 16 oz denim is organic (hence more expensive) and exclusive to this 16th anniversary pair. That's why everybody is so excited about them.

I don't want to organize another contest, but as I will be getting a pair, I would participate if there was one.

What's the difference between vx and the organic ? Also is the 710 the slimmest cut ?

Another denim & weight, organic cotton, selvage colour, probably less slubs on the 16 oz compared to the 17 oz. The 710 is the slimmest cut in this denim, but the Jin 003 is slimmer.

Yes, the VX should be the standard 17 oz denim whereas the 16 oz denim is organic (hence more expensive) and exclusive to this 16th anniversary pair. That's why everybody is so excited about them.

I don't want to organize another contest, but as I will be getting a pair, I would participate if there was one.

I wouldn't say no to this idea.

Another denim & weight, organic cotton, selvage colour, probably less slubs on the 16 oz compared to the 17 oz. The 710 is the slimmest cut in this denim, but the Jin 003 is slimmer.

Slimmest cut would be the Yamato S003JP..there is no such thing as a "Jin 003" ;)

Is this the first time they've done a special anniversary denim to be used with multiple models?  Not that I'm complaining, but seems interesting to do this the year after their big 15.

Dunno if they really call it their 16th anniversary line (although 16th anniversary and 16oz has a link).

And no...last year (15th anniversary) was the introduction of the 25oz denim and they also used it on (at least) the S5000-cut, the S510-cut and a denim ajcket.

Slimmest cut would be the Yamato S003JP..there is no such thing as a "Jin 003" ;)

Dunno if they really call it their 16th anniversary line (although 16th anniversary and 16oz has a link).

And no...last year (15th anniversary) was the introduction of the 25oz denim and they also used it on (at least) the S5000-cut, the S510-cut and a denim ajcket.

Damn, you're right. :blush:

You guys are killing me. I just bought a brand new stevenson 767 and i will definitely buy those 710 organic. Wich i have more time to wear them all like they deserve. And my UES 400T needs a break. It will be damn good to put a samurai back.

PS: i will not have the time to be active if you open a contest but the fact that i will own a pair can include me with pleasure. 

Jesus drew... incredible pair.

@halfbaiked - depends on a few factors like wash temp, tumble dry vs hang dry, etc... My experience with 710XX is that I got most shrink on first wash and a bit more on second wash and that was it. I wash in regular warm water and hang dry. I find the 710XX to be very stretchy and my tagged 33s started at a 34" waist, shrunk to 33" waist and stretched all the way to a 35" waist. I do not think you are going to ever get "2 sizes" shrinkage from a pair of 710XX but YMMV.