Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Naniwa, They look fine.  I thought my 5000 were a bit on the loose side at first too and I wasn't over keen on the actual fit. I ended up putting them in the washing machine at 40 degrees, minimum spin in order to lose a bit more.

After that and a couple of weeks of wear they are almost perfect, the shape is totally different and much more complimentary & they have 'tightened up' just enough. I don't think you need a smaller size unless you are after a much tighter fit, which I dont think is really the idea of the 5000.

@Zenshiro

Thanks for your opinion, i think i'm not going to sell this one :D

@Slavo

Thanks bro, but i'm not Chelsea fan actually :D

@coldsnapBryan

This cut is good, not really tight, and i think looks good if u wear boot

@artisandenim

I'm not a type of man who often wash my jeans, hahaha..

This one already soaked with 60 degree celcius, but still a little bit loose.

hahahahaha

ok im a 34-36 in nudie thin finns and 36x32 for carhartt sid pants, what models and sizes in samurai jeans and studio artisan would i fit best in ?

i looked into it and samurai 710? and SDA103? my butt is big, big thighs but i like a tapered fit and not a large leg opening, rise i mid /high, dont really like crotch grabbers

any help is much appreciated!

Hard to tell, as especially Nudie (TF) is often vanity sized and contains stretch denim. This makes it hard to estimate your true size. Best option is to measure your best fitting pair (preferably in 100% Cotton denim, Stretch denim is misleading) and then compare to the Samurai size charts. The 710 or 711 (or the Jin 003) are your Samurai options for slimmer fits, but they won't be as skinny as TF. If you got big thighs, the choice narrows down to the 710, but if you can fit in TF, they should be fine.

For reference, I wear a 34 in dry Grim Tims (stretch fabric) and also 34 in Samurai. But you should really compare the measurements and not rely on tagged sizes.

Edited by Max Power

Skip the SDA 103 from your list, won't work with big butt and thighs. Furthermore, the taper wouldn't be anywhere near the ThinFinn. Same goes for the Denime XX.

Take a look into UES 400T or Flathead 3012...or the S710 as you already said. It's a quite forgiving cut (but also not a strong taper)

edit: oh yeah what MaxP said. Measure your pairs and don't go by tag size

edit2: thx Hog ;)

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

Hard to tell, as especially Nudie (TF) is often vanity sized and contains stretch denim. This makes it hard to estimate your true size. Best option is to measure your best fitting pair (preferably in 100% Cotton denim, Stretch denim is misleading) and then compare to the Samurai size charts. The 710 or 711 (or the Jin 003) are your Samurai options for slimmer fits, but they won't be as skinny as TF. If you got big thighs, the choice narrows down to the 710, but if you can fit in TF, they should be fine.

For reference, I wear a 34 in dry Grim Tims (stretch fabric) and also 34 in Samurai. But you should really compare the measurements and not rely on tagged sizes.

For reference im 93kg and 179cm , waist is around 36- 37" and thighs 25"

Don't think SDA-103 will work for you mate. Low rise, tight top block and comparatively wider leg opening.

Look for beautiful_FrEaK's Samurai fit guide, it's the denim bible.

As an outside suggestion, Denime XX might work for you - roomy up top with a little 50's taper.

Don't think SDA-103 will work for you mate. Low rise, tight top block and comparatively wider leg opening.

Look for beautiful_FrEaK's Samurai fit guide, it's the denim bible.

As an outside suggestion, Denime XX might work for you - roomy up top with a little 50's taper.

thanks for the help guys

Skip the SDA 103 from your list, won't work with big butt and thighs. Furthermore, the taper wouldn't be anywhere near the ThinFinn. Same goes for the Denime XX.

Take a look into UES 400T or Flathead 3012...or the S710 as you already said. It's a quite forgiving cut (but also not a strong taper)

thanks mate, im not looking for a strong strong taper , but realtively not a straight cut so kind of a slim jean but no where near skinny. I read some where eternal 811's aswell? been a while since ive had a pair of jeans , i just gained weight and lost weight then gained .

Edited by illest.

Eternal 811 has a slight taper so the silhouette apears straight whereas true straight cuts often have a look of a bootcut-ish fit.

But it is a pair that yields amazing fades for the patient guy (so not for me... :D )

Like Hoggreaser said, take a look at my Fit Guide (in my sig). I am a bit lighter and taller than you but you might get an idea of possible Samurai jeans you could take a look into.

Flathead 3009 or 3012 might also be a good Option. I am 1,87cm (6'2"?) and weigh 83 kgs. So not that comparable. But if your true waist is 36-37" (measured on the Jeans) I think a size 36 in Samurai would be your best bet.

Edited by Max Power

Hi Guys,

I've been away a while recently but have skimmed through and seen mention of a 16oz 710? These might be the Sams for me!

Where can I find some details?

Is there a set release date yet?

Thanks

Edit: found it a couple of pages back - missed it first time.

Edited by UkeNo

My hope is that "organic" will mean an unbleached/natural color weft. I am excited to see the details. I'm going to be getting the 710 (to replace my 19oz ones that are 3 years old and a bit too snug) and possibly the type 3 depending on measurements...

That denim seriously looks beautiful...

Denimio also posted this in their upcoming events tab,

Samurai jeans S710OG16oz 16th anniversary model (28~38inch) will be stocked
Time: 2014, Aug 07 4:08 AM - 2014, Aug 07 4:08 AM
Price: Â¥32,000
Number of Participants: 0

Stocking Date: August 7

(The exact restocking date may shift depending on manufacture's production)

For those who want to place a backorder, please email at[email protected]

Edited by bradl

Thought this new orgy 16oz is 500 / 710 / 3000 / 5000 only?

I think those will be the only pants, but according to Yuichi/Pirates there is also 4 jackets:

"As for denim jacket , 4 type of 16oz denim jacket will be released. 3rd type in July , 2nd type in August , 1st type in October , 1st WWII type in November..."

Without wanting to take anything away from Ed (Lost and Found) or Blue In Green - I feel obliged to mention that all these special editions can also be ordered from Yuich at Kaizoku-Pirates. He speaks excellent english, does a great chain stitch at no extra cost, and even takes reservations (although if it's your first time ordering from him he will likely require a small deposit).

Edited by ColdStorage

I think those will be the only pants, but according to Yuichi/Pirates there is also 4 jackets:

"As for denim jacket , 4 type of 16oz denim jacket will be released. 3rd type in July , 2nd type in August , 1st type in October , 1st WWII type in November..."

Without wanting to take anything away from Ed (Lost and Found) or Blue In Green - I feel obliged to mention that all these special editions can also be ordered from Yuich at Kaizoku-Pirates. He speaks excellent english, does a great chain stitch at no extra cost, and even takes reservations (although if it's your first time ordering from him he will likely require a small deposit).

i reserved a type 3 jacket in size 44 with yuichi.  just wished i knew what the sizing was...