Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Oooh this is interesting, I'm going to join in...

First thing I'll say is I thought the fit of my 710's was frigging awful when I put them on raw. After a couple of soaks and washes (and a few weeks of wear) the fit has improved almost beyond recognition but size.... Although they shrunk with soaks/washes, with the exception of the inseam, everything else has gone back pretty much where it was. So (purely from my experience which I will be the first to admit is not much) although you can rely on a better fit, if the size is wrong to begin with the size is wrong.

Totally get where you are coming from Robert, but there is a difference between 'anti' fit and 'doesn't' fit. Some people like it and can get away with it if the rest of their style is complimentary, but judging from fishtacologins well fitting t shirt (that's a compliment) that's not his style...

Having been in the situation of agonising wether a particular fit and size is right, the only thing I will say is: do you feel f@ing ace in them? Do you feel comfortable in them? Or do they feel a bit weird? Do they make you feel a bit self conscious? If it's more the former then f everyone and rock your style. If the latter swap them.

Edited by Artisandenim

@artisandenim

"Totally get where you are coming from Robert, but there is a difference between 'anti' fit and 'doesn't' fit. Some people like it and can get away with it if the rest of their style is complimentary, but judging from fishtacologins well fitting t shirt (that's a compliment) that's not his style..."

^nicely put. But honestly his v-neck hardly looks fitted. Especially since he's pulled it back to show (how) his jeans fit.

Although this is the best advice anyone could give:

"do you feel f@ing ace in them? Do you feel comfortable in them? Or do they feel a bit weird? Do they make you feel a bit self conscious? If it's more the former then f everyone and rock your style. If the latter swap them."

Thanks for the feedback guys, I really appreciate it.

I'm looking for something that'll fit like Airfred's Samurai 710XX:

8095267913_d53b524d7e_b.jpg

@Max Power

Yeah, unfortunately I'm a pretty short dude at 5'6". How the hell do shorter guys get raws to work? I feel like it's really working against me with tapered/skinny fits. Gotta get them hemmed and you end up losing the taper/slimness. I'm not looking for something that'll fit like APC petit standards, but I do like stuff on the slimmer side. 

I guess I'd say that right now they feel wrong in the top block and seat. Too long in the front, and too saggy in the back. Would soaking fix that though? How much do they usually shrink?

I would also consider sizing down, but I'm worried they'll be too tight in the waist / top block and thighs. I've got about an inch of space where they're sitting now, maybe a little more. I can fit two fingers in before the waist is tight. I like my thighs to be at 11.5", and could probably only go for 11.25" at most. My best fitting pants measure 14.5" waist, 10" rise, 13.5" back rise, 11.5" thigh, 8" knee, 6.875" leg opening, 28" inseam and look like this:

V26BCvF.jpg

I'd be OK with less of a taper (it doesn't look like I'd be able to get something with that much of a taper with my inseam anyway), and wouldn't mind if my Samurai's fit looser below the knee if they fit well everywhere else.

@BF

I'm not looking for something super slim like APC petit standards, or PBJ xx-012. Both of those fit me tighter than I'd like, but I do want something on the slimmer side. I think the S610 and S5000 would be looser than I'd like though unfortunately. I like a lot of the fits I've seen with the 710XX, and would be happy with any of the "slim" looking fits like Airfred's. I really love the denim and weight on the 710XX too.

I have about an inch of space in the waist where they're sitting now, maybe more. The thighs look like they'd shrink to a comfortable size where they are now. If I size down, would the thighs be a problem? I like my thighs at 11.5", and 11.25" would probably be pushing it. Any less as it gets in the skin tight territory. The pants I'm wearing above have a 11.5" thigh are just how I'd like them.

@Robert

Thanks for the feedback, man. It definitely helps my decision in one way or another. I think I'd like to try something slimmer like Artisandenim suggested though, but do you think I'd be able to achieve something like Airfred's 710XX with the size I've got now? I don't want something crazy slim -- just something like Airfred's.

@Artisandenim

Yeah, it's kinda tough to say how I'll like them because of how unbroken in / unsoaked they are. As they are now though, I feel like they fit me crazy huge. Too high in the top block, too big below the knee. Do you think sizing down one would be a good idea? You're right -- I do like my stuff on the slimmer side.

Mate, have a look at page 677. I am a 30" waist and my 710's are a tag 29 like yours. I have put measurements pre and post soak..

They fit - as In shape to my body - much, much better now, but honestly now they have 'relaxed' again they are not that much smaller any more. Another wash could well take them back again, but wasn't too keen to try that just yet.

A hem also makes a huge difference to the way they sit. I had mine hemmed twice before I was satisfied, I needed to wear them to see how they worked. I favour slimmer fits too and if it was me I would size down, but as Max and B_f said it might also be an idea to check out some lower rise styles. I truly love my 710's but if I could change anything about them it would be a lower rise. I think a fair few slimmer dudes under 6' would say the same...

I think if you size down your fit would be closer to airfreds, but it is important to bear in mind your physiques and size are different which means so will your fit be.

This is how they fit now (thank you Mrs Artisandenim :-) )

ZyNfBuW.png

cBNBlQ1.png

Z6qIscx.png

I muck about with cuffs/no cuffs depending on which footwear i'm going with. And no, I never wear my T shirt tucked in...

Hope this helps.

@Robert Langdon - Cheers dude - I think we come at things from different angles but similar perspectives!

Fishtacologin, you'd probably do better with a fit like the Flat Head 3002 or SE05BSP.  They have a lower rise and quick taper that works better for shorter guys, the S710 is really a fit that's better suited to taller dudes because of the longer rise and gradual taper. 

fishtacologin, i hear you about shorter legs making it hard to find pants that fit. higher rises tend to be harder to pull off. i'd say a mid rise, slim tapered jean like cold summer suggested. the se05bsp is great and i'd also recommend 3sixteen+ 21bsp and iron heart 666. 

I still think a size down to 28 would work on your frame judging by the pre-soak pics of your size 29.

Just like the others already said, as your and everyone’s body is different, you probably won’t achieve the same fit as Airfred.

The most important part is that you get a fit you like wearing and you are confident wearing it. Like Artisandenim said. The nicest denim won’t be worn (enough) when you don’t like the fit in the end. It won’t make you happy. You may like the 710XX and also the fit others achieved with this cut but that will not guarantee you happiness when you wear them.

And I still stand by my opinion that a model with a lower rise would look better./cleaner in the seat area.

How far away are you located from BiG? Maybe you can go there personally  (or SE for example) to try on different cuts and brands to see what works better on your frame. :)

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

Naniwa,

I got a S5000VX 21oz TTS in 32. In my opinion, TTS is great if you plan to wash it often (which is my case as I'm not a really huge fan of very contrasted fades...) and if you also like a more relaxed fit. If you plan on keeping them for a long time without touching water, I think you could size down one because those stretch a bit (will try to measure them later today...).

Hope this helps, even if I'm sure that someone over here will have more accurate advice on how to size them (and if you look at the 1st page of this topics, there's a sizing guide pretty usefull ^_^  )

In my experience, frequency of wash has less to do with shrink-intensity than which drying method is used. I'm pretty sure its the hot tumble dry that really shrinks them down and locks that shrink in. I wash my 710s relatively frequently, but I hang dry all my jeans, and at this point and the waist is 1" ABOVE the raw measurement (tagged 33, started at 34", now measures 35"...) The S5000VX doesn't use the 19oz denim though, so my information may not be helpful here...

Bottom line, either size will probably work for you in my opinion - just a matter of if you want a more relaxed fit.

I sized down 1 on my pair of 21oz. S5000VX and couldn't be more pleased with the decision. Initially had a one wash pair TTS, but after a few days wearing them around the house I went back to BiG and made the swap. They've had an initial soak, and then a hot machine wash 3 weeks ago after 3+ months of daily wear. The fit feels great. They've stretched out a bit but they don't feel like they've gone all the way back to raw sizing. I can post measurements if you'd like.

Well, just measured mine. Tag size is 32 and after few months with several washes, they're 33". I think I could have size down one as ColdStorage and Pojectp said, but I still do love the fit I have with those. And I do also agree with Cold on the drying method as mine did the same as his ones (actual size above tag size) with the same drying (hang dry). So yeah, probably more a question about the fit you want in those ones.

usually you can't. but basically 2nd has the whole Samurai stock

but if you a depserate you need a proxy like Sutocorp or the like

edit. and Yuichi can get everything from Samurai stock. He organized the S553 for me from their online store

The 711vx will be released at the end of July and usually should be available at every store that pre-ordered them. So Yuichi can get that for you.

The 298 can only be bought at the store which made the collab (DelBombers like it seems), just like you can only buy the Red Hawk and the like at BiG.

The 711 already available for pre-order at 2ND

http://www.e2nd.net/br-sj/sj-411-02-f/sj-s711vx.html

edit:

298 already avaiable as it seems?!

http://the-warriors.ocnk.net/product/80

The 711 looks just like I imagined the BiG710, but unfortunately the thighs are pretty small (too small). It does not read limited edition, if I'm right, but the upside-down "A" would suggest that. I'd love to give them a try, but would need real measurements first.