Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Any tips you guys have to avoid crotch rips?  

Mate, I've been doing a fair bit of research recently and it appears that the main cause of crotch blowouts is not washing your jeans. Basically your sweat soaks into the cotton - particularly in this area - and bacteria feast on the smorgasbord of minerals and nutrients this contains, seriously weakening the natural fibres of the cotton as they go. So options seem to be:

A) wash your jeans

B) stop your bollocks from sweating

C) embrace the dark side and just have them repaired when needed!

Hope this helps, really liking those fades.

I'm 99% sure there is no real cure for crotch blowouts. I never got one, no matter how often I washed (or not washed) my Jeans, including despised Nudies that I wore 9 months straight. A part of the problem might be sizing (sagging Jeans seem to rip easier) and the rest personal behaviour (the way you walk, what you do in the jeans) & individual body shape. If you're a person that is prone to rip jeans in the crotch, then there's not much you can do against it, i fear.

Edited by Max Power

^to add:

+ size 'em right__ dont size down too much

+ if you dont want to wash frequently,  do periodic soaks on the top block, so they dont get grungy right away & you get to keep the combs...  ie, from waist to crotch 

+ personally,  i reinforce the crotch [on new pairs] before break in ... it has become a ritual ;) 

Quick question, with samurai does the weight or type of denim have more of an influence on shrinkage?

After 2 soaks one wash and wearing for a couple of weeks the shrink seems to have gone from my 710's so I've just had them hemmed to 32" which is perfect for me. I had already had them hemmed before sending to 36" and they lost a further two to shrink.

I am just about to order a pair of s5000vx (21oz) and am intending to ask for them to be hemmed to 34" in anticipation of the same 2" loss. I will also be looking to get a pair of s03jp (15oz) and do the same...

Is this wise considering the different cotton and different weights used?

Edited by Artisandenim

Thanks Max and B - that's what I was hoping to hear!

Orders placed.

These three will be my 'control pairs' - different weights, cuts and cotton. Once I've had some fun with these I can start thinking about widening my brand diversity!

(And annoying you all with questions about them too..)

Anybody heard anything from BiG about the next run of 710 in the VX denim?  When I ordered my 19oz they said Summer, but New York's summer and Texas' summer are tooootally different time frame.

Anybody heard anything from BiG about the next run of 710 in the VX denim?  When I ordered my 19oz they said Summer, but New York's summer and Texas' summer are tooootally different time frame.

They said winter when I asked last fall, now it seems to be summer. I guess it takes a few more months. I'm on the fence.

Emailed Gordon the beginning if this month he said Summer.

I first heard of the possibility of these in Sept 2012..... Still they haven't materialised, I have almost given up hope!