Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

IMO you can better compare the prices going by Japanese retail prices.

I'm taking IH's standard jeans 634S (25,200Â¥) and Samurai's standard would be...let's say the S5000VX (24,990Â¥)

So Samurai would be a tad cheaper but the IH is 21 oz and the Samurai is 17oz. So we should use the same weight. S500VX21oz costs 29,190Â¥

Going by that, Samurai is more expensive.

While IH is sturdy, Samurai has in my opinion more little details (pocket bags, tab, every model a unique leather patch, backside of the buttons [took IH some time to add that]).

But then we don't know how much profit the 2 brands calculate. And Samurai has a bigger line-up with smaller batches which is more expensive to produce

As consistent and predictable they have become with the bottom sizing as inconsistent they are when it comes to shirts...

I have shirts in sizes M to L to XL!

this is a noob question, so sorry in advance. 

got a pair of S5000VX without checking the leg opening and it's way too wide. already soaked them once and put them in the dryer as well and the leg opening is still too big. any advice? i imagine there's nothing i can do without getting them altered but i was just wondering what most people do in this situation. thanks in advance. 

made it finally to the Samurai HQ in Nankatsu, Osaka during my recent japan trip. i missed Nogami-san by a matter of seconds, literally saw him in his van, went up to the shop first and realised that he was actually in the van getting ready to go home. feel so damned i should've asked for a photo before i went up.

anyway here's some photos.IMG_2673_zpsfec73504.jpg

IMG_2665_zps724abc1b.jpg

IMG_2664_zps7f3b9ba8.jpg

IMG_2674_zps681d4ad8.jpg

IMG_2677_zps9ae40f7a.jpg

IMG_2670_zps3e886963.jpg

anyway the staff were really nice and friendly. note the only two things i bought were the houndstooth shirt and the 15th anniv tee. the rest were all given as freebies!

I just think it's sad the the most part of the limited editions comes in the 5000 cut or the wider cinchback cuts. I think Nogami-San is a big fan of that cut (and the 17 oz denim), as you see him wearing those a lot. The 0500 or 710 silhouette should get more love.

shiyou.jpg

blue stitching.

Edited by Max Power

I just think it's sad the the most part of the limited editions comes in the 5000 cut or the wider cinchback cuts. I think Nogami-San is a big fan of that cut (and the 17 oz denim), as you see him wearing those a lot. The 0500 or 710 silhouette should get more love.

BiG should have used that BlackxBlack denim for the Black Hawk series ;)

I agree with max power & beautiful_FrEaK 1000%. :D

I'm just not a fan of the front or the back rise on the S5000 cut.

Button on my S552x is starting to split from below. I ran my hand up my jacket and got my finger caught in this piece of metal and lifted it up a bit....

Also heard someone on reddit say he was talking to Gordon and he is thinking of putting hidden arcs on his 710vx due May

a customer brought a pair of 500XX into BlackBlue for a hem. they made me nostalgic for my 610LX from 6 years ago. i can't believe i ever could stand something so low. that denim doe...

09E82A8B-737E-41B7-B33C-5646DD904A36-890

Edited by satchelbmoore

Size up from what? Your waist or other jeans size? I wear -1 from my true waist. Give us your true waist or size in another brand and we can help you.

I'm a 32 in levis, had a pair of Imperial SExI08's in a 31 and they are much too small.

Would a 33 in 710xx's fit fine after a hot soak?