Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Sorry about another sizing post but after reading over 300 pages I still have a question and with ordering internationally I'd really like to try and get this right, so I apologize in advance.

I have a 33" waist and I'm looking to get a S5000VX from Yuichi, but his washed measurement charts compared to the unwashed ones BiG's site are confusing me. 

I have a pair of Uniqlo Regular fit Made in Japan (I think the last run before they discontinued) in a size 32 that fit me well. After a year of wear and couple of washes the waist on those are 34" (using BiG's method) and are a low rise which fits snug on my hips. 

I've seen people mention sizing for thighs and not waist, which seems like the washed S5000VX measurements on Yuichi's site for the size 32 would be about the same as my Uniqlo's are in the thighs now, except that the waist is supposedly ~31.5" which seems crazy. I've also seen it mentioned a few times that the waist shrinks to the tag size and can stretch back out to pre-washed size, which might mean that 32 would possibly be the right size to go with?

Sorry for the rambling, just trying to get out my though process. Thanks for the help.

Decided to final organize my Samurai jeans according to their weight (15oz - 25oz)

Umm.  Wow.  That's a lot of awesome denim.  Congrats on the amazing collection.  Can we see pics of how worn in they are?

Edited by cander49

Samurai sizing question!

I'm looking at a pair of 710xx, but haven't dealt with Samurai's at all before.

My PBJ 24-007 measure about 37" at the waist, and 13" in the thigh. I'd like a similar top block fit in the 710's.

According to BiG charts, the 36's measure 37" waist and 13.5" thigh when raw. The 35's measure 36" waist and 13.25" thigh when raw.

How much shrinkage should I expect from normal warm/hot machine washing. Should I go with the 35 or 36?

Thanks!

Samurai sizing question!

I'm looking at a pair of 710xx, but haven't dealt with Samurai's at all before.

My PBJ 24-007 measure about 37" at the waist, and 13" in the thigh. I'd like a similar top block fit in the 710's.

According to BiG charts, the 36's measure 37" waist and 13.5" thigh when raw. The 35's measure 36" waist and 13.25" thigh when raw.

How much shrinkage should I expect from normal warm/hot machine washing. Should I go with the 35 or 36?

Thanks!

in real life, i've handled 2 pairs of 710XX.  IMO,  sizing [really]  depends on your purpose for choosing it.

1st was a SD1 @W32:  i could stretch them out to 33" & really loved the slim-tapered  silhouette.  after 6 washes = 1.5yrs  down the line,  they'd shrink below tagged every post-wash ...  had to wrestle to get them buttoned up & stretched back out to wearing dimension each time.

2nd was a SU1 @34:  awkward fit @beginning,  since most [including me] expected a clean line  + slim-looking fit all around   down the line, after 4yrs & countless washes,   i was glad i SU1 & not TTSed. currently,  they're on point @33.5" ... no prep stretching necessary. 

... will post current pic when i get a chance.

edit:

zpxi.jpg

og16.jpg
Edited by BrownMetallic

Just got my other samurai shirt in the post! I ordered the next size up this time and it is a bit comfy-er! here are a couple of phone pics I will follow up with some better pics later. this is basically the same shirt just in a different colour and with different pockets and double thickness elbows.

IMG_20140107_124945_zpsc4d3dte5.jpg

IMG_20140107_124912_zpscqws1drw.jpg

^^^ That's a really nice shirt! How's the sizing? Slim or natural?

They are a natural cut if you have a look at the previous page I posted a picture of almost exactly the same shirt in a size Large, I am roughly a size 42" in most things and that size large is pretty fitted on me, for an example here is this shirt in size XL...

5105f9b9-7300-44f1-8f05-e43cd7b891b0_zps

Here is the other shirt (size Large) for comparison.

350c7cd4-a106-4556-914b-18f4453e0d10_zps

I hope that made some sense mate I always seem to be in a rush when i post on this forum  :wacko:

Edited by dylanbooth78

I'm wearing my Black Shadows today (rare jeans day at work due to all the snow), they are basically the exact same thing as the Blackhawks, to me it's worth it to have my favorite cut in the 17 oz denim. I love my regular 19 oz S710's, but the 17 oz denim is so much slubbier and it's noticeably lighter, which is nice sometimes. Plus I like the complete blackout vibe they have.

I'm interested to read the thoughts of anyone that bought either of the Blackhawk/Redhawk BiG Ltd. Edt. models? Have they been worth the extra money?

I bought a pair of the black shadows from BIG.  I love these jeans and highly recommend them.  I have a large collection of denim including Iron Heart, PBJ, Flat Head, Stevenson, Strike Gold, Ande Whall, Momotaro and these black shadows are one of my favorite pair.

SamuraiBlackShadow1_zps12005777.jpg

SamuraiBlackShadow3_zps702b7833.jpg

SamuraiBlackShadow4_zpsb31879ec.jpg

SamuraiBlackShadow2_zpse9f9c17c.jpg

I bought a pair of the black shadows from BIG.  I love these jeans and highly recommend them.  I have a large collection of denim including Iron Heart, PBJ, Flat Head, Stevenson, Strike Gold, Ande Whall, Momotaro and these black shadows are one of my favorite pair.

What do you like about the 17 oz. zero denim?

I am really interested because I too have a pair of the black shadows AND I am still on the fence about these even though I've put as much wear into mine (in approx 3 months). That is: although I love the fit of the 710 cut and these are living up to the fast fading properties Sami's are known for, I am having a tough time liking the soft sweater like weave. I wish they'd calm down and look like denim already.

The more I see the XX 19 oz. denim on sufu, the more I think that's the Samurai denim I'd rather spend my time with. Unfortunately, I don't think they do the xx denim, in black, and in the 710 cut. I believe they had something similar for the Black Knights (which I missed copping way back when).

they all cost 345$ at BiG, just like the regular 710 ;)

Not quite, the regular S710XX are 19oz while the Black Hawks are 17oz, like the S5000BK, so really, they should be the S5000BK price, not the S710XX price. A small difference yes, but when you consider that BiG prices are a little bit on the high side anyway... you know what I mean. :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Hello all... would appreciate if someone with the Black Hawks could advise the shrinkage they got... I don't need a pair but they're growing on me!! Thanks.

It's like you're reading my mind. :D :D :D

All new samurai releases for 15, 17, and 19oz denim are $345 at BiG, at least for standard cuts. You can see even the 15oz s500 and s510 are retailing for $345. The 5000bk were released a few years ago and are listed at the price they sold for at that time.

All new samurai releases for 15, 17, and 19oz denim are $345 at BiG, at least for standard cuts. You can see even the 15oz s500 and s510 are retailing for $345. The 5000bk were released a few years ago and are listed at the price they sold for at that time.

Not these ones.

***NEW Samurai Jeans - 17oz S5000BK Limited Edition 15th Anniv.

Brand : Samurai Jeans

Price: $325.00