Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Assuming they were black, wouldn't the only difference between the two be the name and patch? That wouldn't make much sense. This is all very stressful...

Ah, didn't realize Gordon had elaborated. Different color stitching. Is that it for differences??

Edited by S-Town

Bf, need your expertise here - I currently have a choice of getting a tagged 29 (which is approx 30") S710bk:

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=10596&category_id=&manufacturer_id=10&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=28

For $350 or wait for the black hawk version and get a size 30 (assuming it'll be like the previous black series/710 which measures 31")?

My waist size is a size 29 for the s500XX which translate to a 31" on BIG's site. Does the 17oz behave/shrinks differently or similar than the 15oz s500XX?

If you can do the thighs (which is more important often) than you should go with the same size like your 0500. The VX denim usually shrinks less than the Texas Cotton denim and is known for being stretchy. But my S5000BK (using the same denim) shrank the most of all my Samurai jeans after a sinlge soak.

So..have a look at the thighs when sizing. The new Black Hawk will be out in some days. Maybe you can wait for the release and then compare all the details and sizing and decide then which model to go for

If you can do the thighs (which is more important often) than you should go with the same size like your 0500. The VX denim usually shrinks less than the Texas Cotton denim and is known for being stretchy. But my S5000BK (using the same denim) shrank the most of all my Samurai jeans after a sinlge soak.

So..have a look at the thighs when sizing. The new Black Hawk will be out in some days. Maybe you can wait for the release and then compare all the details and sizing and decide then which model to go for

I don't have problem with thighs, as I have a slim/moderate thighs currently so normally I'll just have to check on the waist measurements. Though I've been hitting the gym lately that none of my old Dior jeans fit me on the thigh area. >_<

Noted, Thanks for the advice ^^

http://thevitamine.blogspot.com/2013/09/samurai-710-hawk-series-17oz-black.html

"We've just received the first two editions of our Samurai "Hawk Series" jeans;  a collection of 4~5 models based on Samurai's S710 silhouette combined with a few of their different original selvage denims together with our custom detailing. We'll be introducing 2 styles in Black denim and 2~3 styles in Indigo denim, each represented by a hawk of a different color. The Black Hawk and Red Hawk are the debut models, both using Samurai's 17oz Model 'Zero' Bushido Black Selvage denim, with all Black detailing for the Black Hawk, and Orange color contrast detailing to symbolize the Red Hawk. These will be available for purchase starting this Wednesday Sept 25th, in store & online, with more details and info expected to be posted on our webstore tomorrow."

Different strokes make the world go 'round, because I really like the Black Hawk patch, and wish the Red Hawk had something unique as well.

I personally think it'll look better had they swap the patches between the red and black : black jeans, black patch and red/orange stitching - black jeans, tan patch and black stitching.

I don't think Samurai makes anything that slim (at least in my size, it could look slimmer in your size). It wouldn’t hurt to take a look at the new black Flathead jeans that are coming out soon (or are even released already). They come in a slim cut. Kyle will definitely help you there :)

Argh, what hawk to get? I really like the black hawk, but i'd love to see all models at first. As Gordon spoke about 17 and 21 oz denim, I'm sure we'll see those two indigo models as well.

@ Robert Langdon: Sorry, I'm in the office right now and can't take off my pants to measure (I got an 17 year old female apprentice...). So what I write is guessing. The waist and thighs run big on these, I could have sized down from my usual 34. The waist started at 36" and stretched back to 35,5-36". If you're a true 34, you might want to size down. the thighs are the roomiest of all my pairs, though I never measure them. They are wider than on my 5000VX in 34, about 13", probably more. The backrise is long, around 16".

Sorry, that's my best approach I can do right now without getting sued for sexual harassment (again).

Edited by Max Power