Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Hey b_F,

How many faded pairs to you actually own? I think you and I have the same problem. I got like one really faded pair, 2 moderate faded pairs, but like almost 20 pairs in my collection of various brands.

Yet I can only wear jeans on Fridays and the weekend. Sigh lol

Hey b_F,

How many faded pairs to you actually own? I think you and I have the same problem. I got like one really faded pair, 2 moderate faded pairs, but like almost 20 pairs in my collection of various brands.

Yet I can only wear jeans on Fridays and the weekend. Sigh lol

^^^this ocd problem. we've all got it.

Looking to get a new pair of jeans in a slim/straight fit, currently wearing Evisu no1 lot2000 and the cut is a bit too full for me...looking for a slightly slimmer fit without hip flares.

I'm pretty slim, 5'8 140 lbs with a 31-31.5W, would the 710 be a good option? Any suggestions/tips would be appreciated. Also looking for the Beatle Buster by IH, anyone have any experience with both?

Thanks

I have both, and they are a similar fit, but the BB's have a higher rise and smaller waist. You'll get better and faster fades with the 710's, and the denim is awesome, but the IH 21 oz denim is so comfortable and breathes so well... I love both, but the 710's are my favorite I guess. They're my best-fitting jeans.

I'm considering buy a pair of samurai for my next pair of jeans. I am currently wearing Ironheart 634s but am looking for something less baggy and more fitted but don't want anything skinny? Any suggestions? I was looking at the 0500 or the 5000vx....

I would go for 710 or 0500. I personally never like the S5000 fit for whatever reason. I just got hip flare and I found the leg opening especially past the knee to be a very unflatterring fit. 

The 710 is pretty much a staple cut for Samurai, it works well for a lot of body types so i would go that route.

Yeah I own jeans from both brands, so I know the general differences, I just don't own either of their 25 oz denims. I had heard that the 21 oz and heavier Samurai denim was a lot less slubby than their 19 oz and lighter denim, so I was wondering if that meant they were closer in feel to the Iron Heart 25 oz denim, and which was more breathable. It looks like the cut on the 25 oz S5000 might work better for me than any of the 25 oz Iron Heart cuts, but I've heard nothing but over-the-top praise for the IH 25 oz denim, so I'm torn.

I do not have the IH 25, only 19 and 21oz. But usually IH have a smoother feel. The Samurai 25oz were quite hairy which I did not expect but liked.

And for the buttons, yes they get much easier after a couple of days. First day the thumbs will be sore but after that no problem.

I tried on a pair of 21oz S5000's and 19oz 710 at BiG and could not even button the fly. Do these get easier to button after a soak or more wear?

I remember having a similar problem with my Samurai's.  My fingers got a little raw buttoning them, but they did get easier as the denim softened up a bit.  It didn't last long.

Has Samurai ever done or would they do a Kakishibu dyed jacket?  I know there is Duck but I am partial to the color, Kakishibu has great color and the process and technique is awesome.

picked up an older pair of 701 with arcs and tab tonight... traded some jawns that were to big for me. forgot how nice sams are...

funny... the 19oz denim isnt that bad... the bybeatle jeans i got today are much heavier and less forgiving feeling...