Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Problem is: no one buying those pre-distressed, overpriced bullshit knows about Samurai or the other Japanese brands. Celebs don't really wear them so the average "fashion victim" wouldn't pay premium for a pair of jeans that no one knows. The whole point of "show off" is non-existant that way.

@saintkeat: I have my doubts that the fabric of 1-2 year(s) worn pair of raw denim is more healthy than an industrial pre-distressed pair of jeans

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

I guess it'll depend on what the pair went through. Chances are good they'll be healthier though, even if marginally so.

I know I wouldn't sell my current pairs for all the money in the world (so to speak. I'd gladly sell them if something like a million bucks were on the table).

Hi, I want to order a pair of S5000VX 15Th aniversary 17oz in DC4 or Rakuten. Could anyoune help me to choose my correct size? Looking this Rakuten link (http://global.rakute...j-s5000vx-15th/) I think my size is 29" because they give a waist measurement between 73,5cm and 77,5cm for the s5000vx model after soak. My true waist is 77,5 and I´m wearing now a pair of apc which size is exactly 75cm on waist so I think 29" size is perfect. What do you think? I think a 28 will be too tight. Does this model strech out so much?

Does anyone knows how to order the jeans with hem service in 2nd? They dont speak english and is difficult with the translator. Do they a pre soak before hem?

thank you

Edited by snchz

Hi, I want to order a pair of S5000VX 15Th aniversary 17oz in DC4 or Rakuten. Could anyoune help me to choose my correct size? Looking this Rakuten link (http://global.rakute...j-s5000vx-15th/) I think my size is 29" because they give a waist measurement between 73,5cm and 77,5cm for the s5000vx model after soak. My true waist is 77,5 and I´m wearing now a pair of apc which size is exactly 75cm on waist so I think 29" size is perfect. What do you think? I think a 28 will be too tight. Does this model strech out so much?

Does anyone knows how to order the jeans with hem service in 2nd? They dont speak english and is difficult with the translator. Do they a pre soak before hem?

thank you

2nd does provide a hemming service upon request. Also I wouldn't worry to much about the waist measurement since the waist band is always the easiest to stretch. Measure your thighs and the thigh of your current jeans and compare them to the s5000vx in the 17oz fabric. I have the 21oz version and the waist band shrunk a bit with a hot wash and a dryer cycle, but has already stretched to prewash measurements after about 2 weeks of wear if that helps. If you email 2nd they can probably set you up straigh, I have dealt with them before and the google translate works fine. Also, not to be crass or anything, judging by your original post I doubt english is your first language so I wouldn't worry about the finer grammatical erros that occur as a result of direct translation.

Anyways best of luck and I'm sure b_F, Max, SaintK, BrownM, or any of the other guys on here can provide some assistance.

beautiful_FrEaK thanks! i actually didn't know all samurais were unsanforized, i'm actually looking for a slightly snug slim fit and after comparing I think I can downsize 2 to 26 without fear of being unable to pull past the thigh and button up all the way. I'm pretty skinny guy, I think. I mean if BiG is right about their sz 26 pair measuring a 28 waist, I'm sure I can pull it off.

From my experience I would expect the size 26 to measure rather 27" than 28".

I compared all my pairs with the BiG charts and usually BiG states the waist to be bigger than what I've found(I use their measurement guide too).

I still wouldn't downsize. What other jeans do you wear and what do they measure?

Guess you are ;)

Show us some pictures! I have the S0510XX66-2, the successor. My most worn in pair of Samurai. I think they have the same 14oz denim. It's a nice denim with a vintage touch and very unlike the denim Samurai used over the last years.

Where did you get them? Yahoo auction?

Pictures!

i cant get decent picture right now.

well roughly

S0510XX66

1. Feel : Less slubby (or rough or something like that :) ) & smoother than S0510XX66-RR

2. Have all S0510XX66-RR have except the limited stamp on the pocket.

3. "Universal" rivet.

4. Button : same button with S0510XX66-RR

5. Standard SAMURAI red tab. no inverted A.

6. Red selvedge

7. 15oz flasher ( same with S0510XX66-RR )

beautiful_freak, at first I measured my apc petit standards, but then i realized that these stretch like elastic over time... so I measured my 3sixteen st-120x which actually came close to the measurements of the BiG sz. 26 samurais. 10.3 thigh (st-120x) versus 10.5 thigh & 7.5 knee versus 7.5 knee.

snapback.pngMax Power, on 25 March 2013 - 10:17 AM, said:

WTF? If it came in that bundle above I would have guessed what b_f said. It seems as if fading patterns increase the value over there. So finally I have an argument to break in my jeans. And Ruedi is a billionaire.

for a pair of jeans, of course its a pretty absurd price. to translates in salaries, average starting salary for a fresh undergrad with bachelor of engineering is 2600MYR per month. now thats an engineer, most people who is in the scene is a commoner.

but then there exist a market of people who appreciates so called 'vintage clothing' from this bundle shop. they seek for selvedge jeans, big E levis tag, loop wheeled t shirt and 50/50 fabric t shirt( 50% polyster 50% cotton t shirt).

the thing is, they recognise samurais,momo,pbj,denime,evisu and jeans with selvedge as high quality denim that originates from japan but really missed the concept of raw denim as a whole.

Of course there would be a crazy market for heavy used raw denim stuff with strongest fadings

But almost nobody is doing this big business so far between the raw denim heads and the very young and rich non raw denim people and celebs (including some older fetish people) who wanna buy a vintage or cowboy like worn out pants or denim jacket, best if never washed including the patina. There is a little market on Sufu and other forums and some stuff you can see on ebay.

There is one exception, where this market is operating like crazy: Watch out on ebay the APC market since APC has introduced their Butler jeans program: You can bring back your worn out APC jeans to the APC store and you can buy a new one for the half price. And your worn out pants will be washed and repaired and then they sell them for the double price of a new one. Check out some samples below. You can find at least 10 or 20 APC pants each week on auction:

http://www.ebay.com/...cvip=true&rt=nc

And their is the heavy faded market in Asia. where people in Thailand are breaking in some Levis Big E fakes never washed for about a year and sell them for a good price.

In older days the Farley company at Orem Utah had great dutch auctions online twice a week, but unfortunatley they shut down since a long time ago

I'm surprised that nobody else has started with this business. And like Flo mentioned I could become a millionaire when I would start selling the whole lot of the Jeansmuseum.

But this will never happen since the Jeansmuseum is a long term project and a safe place for all your beloved but retired raw denim projects where they can receive an eternal life in the real world not in the virtuel web only. So the only topic here is to rescue such stuff from the garbage bin

Edited by swiss-jeansfreak

So, I got my Samurai 500XX Naniwa Special. It's a 50 pairs limited Edition for Aikidou, that somewhat celebrates the old City of Osaka - Naniwa. It features 19 oz denim, came with a nice coin pouch, uses the donut buttons of the VX models and has hidden arcs that will peak through plus stitched ones. Not sure about this particular detail, but I have to live with it now.

As it's a limited Edition, the tab has the "A" turned upside down.

P1040826_zps8d3e6147.jpg

P1040827_zps872f8371.jpg

P1040828_zps6c62fb7b.jpg

P1040800_zps0e631ff1.jpg

P1040808_zps7bf79019.jpg

P1040807_zpse539aa0a.jpg

P1040806_zpsaa0a96f0.jpg

P1040805_zps62d740bb.jpg

P1040804_zpse3360f65.jpg

P1040801_zpsa1c86f1f.jpg