Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

New 710 update on Blue in Green Twitter.... Black and blue offerings

I saw those too.

"Preparing samples for our 2013 Samurai 710 Collaboration Black and Indigo "Hawk Series" - The 710BK Black Hawk and Yellow Hawk set to start things off this Spring."

I'm definitely intrigued:

Untitled_zpsc6d31e5d.jpg

So I'm looking to purchase a pair of Samurai 0510xx.

I just measured my waist and it's a true 34" or so below the navel. I've got generous thighs/butt (tmi i know) , and I used to be able to squeeze into a size 31 Sugarcane Okinawa. I was thinking about going TTS re: the guide for the s0510xx.

Does that jive with everybody else' experience? Thanks.

Edited by Just Another XY

Need advice on sizing for Samurai 0500XX from BIG. size 31 or 32?? (I have big thighs)

For reference I'm wearing these right now:

Somet 005 sz31 - these are the perfect silhouette, but too low rise, need more room for my junk and a bit more in the thigh too

Eternal 811 sz33 - These are great fit, but silhouette is not as nice as Somet.

Cool thanks for the replies. I might try sz32 in 0500XX

I have the 811BG onewash version so it was basically full shrinkage when I got it. I also wish they were a little slimmer knee down, which looks like the 0500XX is going to be if I get sz32. Also like the fact that it would be a touch lower rise, the Eternals fit a little high on my waist. Thigh measurement is identical.

811BGRAW sz33

waist: 34

front: 11.75

rear: 16

thigh: 12.75

knee: 9.5

hem: 8.75

0500XX sz32

waist: 34

front: 11.25

rear: 15.75

thigh: 12.75

knee: 9.25

hem: 8.5

Any comparisons of the stretching of Eternal 811s vs 0500XX denim? Thanks again.

Edited by confucius37

Hmm, need some advice on s0510xx sizing again.

Received my 34" pair of s0510xx from BiG, but I've got an inch to spare in the waist. I'm going to trade it in for a 33", which seems like the best idea. How much do these guys tighten up in the waist post-wash?

Thanks.

waist is not a big deal to me, if i like the way the jeans fit overall and the waist is a little big, i wear a belt.

This x 100. Bigger concerns should be does it fit your thigh well, your knee and does the hem width suit your body shape (no point in wearing carrot shape if you look like a muffin top).

You have a belt for your waist. Belts for your thigh do not exist however.

75IUraU.jpg

BT7s4jm.jpg

Feels like the hip flares/sizing is far too pronounced compared to previous pre-soak images, so I'm sizing one down to a 33. Any other advice/input?

Edited by Just Another XY