Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Hello, guys. Some time lurker, first time poster looking for advice.

I am rather tall (my inseam length is about 90-92 cm, yes, from my crotch to the end of the floor though or about 35.5-36 inches) and skinnyfat guy (have got a bit of fat on my belly, but not a lot, really. I don't work out, that's why) with skinny/slim legs. Jeans I wear are usually 30 in size and don't stretch at all (I am new at raw denim, so I own only shit jeans like CK, time for me to upgrade to the real deal). The question is, which model should I choose for slim or skinny look? A tapered leg will be really, really appreciated, I'd like to wear these jeans with my Daltons. I am torn between s0003jp and S710XX, which one will be better? I've heard s0003jp is slimmer but I see a lot of people selling it due to wrong size. Shall I buy it true to size (i.e. 30)? Or shall I buy S710XX down one size? I can make and post some pics, but I don't know if naked hairy legs or belly will be appreciated haha. Thanks a lot in advance for your advice!

tl;dr: tall skinnyfat newfag asking about choice from s0003jp and S710XX and sizing.

So- I received my 710’s last week. Size 33. I bought then from a fella off here for a pretty reasonable price. He’d had 2 inches taken off the hem which works nicely for me as I’d have had to do that anyway. He’d given them a warm/hot soak from raw and they obviously didn’t fit him so they’ve only had a few hours of wear with him. They were much looser when they arrived with me- worryingly so. I gave them a Very hot bath soak for an hour or so which thankfully brought them down a little.

I’m happy enough with the top block and the front/back profile but as I’ve got very flat buttocks coupled with skinny legs I’m wondering if the side profile looks wrong- especially from the knee down where it sort of balloons out.

I’m still not convinced I chose the right size. I think on reflection a 32 would fit much better?Sometimes I look at them and think they look great, other times the calf area just doesn’t seem right

Any opinions/thoughts? Apologies for the poor pics. I'll try & get something better up.

If anyone has a size 32 in a similar condition that they’re finding to snug and would want to swap for a 33, let me know

2qn8sox.jpg

sxdwea.jpg

jifbk1.jpg

28a85r9.jpg

It's totally fine with me to disagree with me :D

IMO, the top block fits as it should and yeah the lower part is where the (your) problem lays but I'm not sure if one size down will change this issue that much. So a taper by some experienced tailor would be an option or the S003JP

Machine washes?? WASH YOUR MOUTH OUT AND GO WAIT OUTSIDE THE HEADMASTERS OFFICE!! ;)

I think i'll stick with 'em. Like I say- sometimes i look at myself and they look great, sometimes i'm dubious. P'raps i just need to experiment with the length a little to change how they break on my shoes.

Had a look at the s003 and they seem to look very similar in fit to my Red Cloud R400's. I was after a looser look than that and ultimately these do the trick. I guess I can always taper the area between knee & cuff very slightly to get rid of the (perceived) bulge.

Will still keep my eyes open for a 32 to trade with tho' just in case.

Thanks for your input Gents.

Martin

I'd stick with thease and wear them..after some machine washes you will be thankfull

Edited by Mr Black

I think it's been awhile since the Motor Club denim has been mentioned, but does anyone here own any or have first-hand experience with it? And comments or feelings?

The first time I saw pictures, I really didn't like it at all. But, the more I've looked at it over the past couple of years, the more I dig it.

Anybody on here got the S003jp17-L (17 oz left hand twill denim in the S003jp cut)?

Im thinking about ordering a pair from 2nd on rakuten....

If anyone could give me any info on the fabric, fit, fades etc. that would be great (pics would be awesome)

P.S. for those of you who've ordered off rakuten before, does it usually go smoothly?

Thanks

I'd love to join the Samurai family now that my IHxB01 (33) are two years old and my Japan Blue x Momo 0100SP (31) are one year old.

I'd like a few simple questions answered if you may, please.

if I ordered the S5000VX21oz from BiG will they not have the sammy arcs + tab ?

if not where is my best bet for getting a pair with arcs + tab to be shipped in the U.S. ?

edit; are the S510XX21oz mutch different in terms of cut/fit ?

if I were a tagged size 31 in the S5000VX21oz, would I size the same for that kind of fit ?

answers and input are much appreciated my friends..

Edited by TheNorthern

^well that's just the S3000VX24oz-SG that has notjing to do with the 15th anniversary since it was already announced and in production last year. AFAIK.

@TheNorthern: safest way would be indeed 2ND or Kaizoku-Pirates or DC4 in Germany to get arcs and tabs.

As louisbosco said, the fits are different. especially the seat and thighs are quite different. Check my signature for a comparison

Got my Jins tapered recently at Denim Surgeons, from the inseam. Never really posted fit pics before so here's how they look tapered one inch to a 7"leg opening lol

30c5e6u.jpg

Many amazing denim evos on this Sammi thread

Let me allow to quote my top fav. evo from the last few months

^^And I have to second: Indeed a perfect first post ixaxu

Edited by swiss-jeansfreak

I don't see why those would look bad with 710xx

Well, as 710 aren't so slim as european fashion jeans, they look well with kinda "heavier" boots, or sneakers. I haven't seen anyone wearing it with wingtips, so I am a bit afraid of looking awkward.