Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Just purchased some 710's. The quality is on another level. After 2 warm soaks, the waist is very very snug, but managable. However, the rest of the jean is still really baggy. I'm thinking about tossing them in the dryer. Will that help a lot with much needed shrinkage? My major concern is that the waist will shrink down after I toss it in the dryer. Any solution anyone? I want to shrink these, just not the waist.

Just purchased some 710's. The quality is on another level. After 2 warm soaks, the waist is very very snug, but managable. However, the rest of the jean is still really baggy. I'm thinking about tossing them in the dryer. Will that help a lot with much needed shrinkage? My major concern is that the waist will shrink down after I toss it in the dryer. Any solution anyone? I want to shrink these, just not the waist.

U can put a stick or hanger at the waist area to prevent the waist from shinking.

Can't guarantee a 30 exactly, but they should shrink 2 inches if you do a hot wash/soak with agitation. Pay attention to the super low rise on that model because a 9 inch rise will hit a lot lower on your hips than a 10.5 inch rise and may end up being too small.

It's an old cut they reintroduced again. It started as a 15oz, got reintroduced in the RR-line (the ones that found money for earthquake victims and such) and this year in a 17oz version. Could be wrong though as I didn't checked, just writing out of memory

edit: the 17oz version might be even LHT if I remember correctly, so the good old Jins denim...worth a try!

Love this vintage cut....suspender full throttle. 17 oz just qualify to enter the comps..to many jeans to choose,might consider this gem too.

@skip2mypou...nice fade..is that rocky mountain vest?

Edited by spidereye

Trying to decide between the S5000VX, S0510XX and the S0500XX. Do all 3 pairs shrink around 5%?

And does it basically come down to Texas cotton vs. whatever they use for the S5000VX or are there other differences(aside from a little difference in the cuts)?

Any opinions/experience is appreciated.

Trying to decide between the S5000VX, S0510XX and the S0500XX. Do all 3 pairs shrink around 5%?

And does it basically come down to Texas cotton vs. whatever they use for the S5000VX or are there other differences(aside from a little difference in the cuts)?

Any opinions/experience is appreciated.

I own the S5000 and S510 19oz. In my experience, the 17oz zero denim both shrinks and stretches more than the 19oz denim. Zero denim is much more irregular, and hasn't softened up a whole lot in 6 months of wear. The 19oz starts off really stiff, but is incredibly soft after wear. I actually was at BiG 2 days ago and tried on the S0500 in texas cotton. The denim was much more uniform than both the zero and 19oz denim, and actually felt comfortable immediately, which is definitely not true of the other two. I didn't buy them though (picked up some 710s instead b/c I liked the fit), so I can't comment on what post-soak is like.

If you want to see the cuts, make sure you look through B_f's fit guide. It is probably the best thread on this forum.

After 3 hot pre soaks, my 710's are still baggy -_-

I went TTS and everything--maybe my water wasn't hot enough.

I'm just going to stick them in the dryer, because I want a slim fit.

Any dryer instructions? How hot should the temperature be, and how long? Also note that they have already been hot soaked 3 times, so time might have to be shortened in the dryer since they've already shrunk to an extent.