Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

I would appreciate it Max! I'm debating between the S5000vx 21oz, and the R400s 21oz for October... I know the quality on Sammy's, but have never handled RedClouds, and want to know the little things, like how thick the rivits are, etc...

Under $300 for 21oz seems pretty low to me (naked&famous territory), but from what I've seen online, they seem like fair alternative to Sammy's.

I would appreciate it Max! I'm debating between the S5000vx 21oz, and the R400s 21oz for October... I know the quality on Sammy's, but have never handled RedClouds, and want to know the little things, like how thick the rivits are, etc...

Under $300 for 21oz seems pretty low to me (naked&famous territory), but from what I've seen online, they seem like a fair alternative to Sammy's.

I gotta ask, How are the fades at the knees like that? Why do they extend way past your knee? And narrow at that? They aslo seem to stop sudden, kind of like a Diesel sand blasted jean.

Assumedly because he works in them. My jeans fade below the knee as well from doing wiring, hiking, building things, playing shows, etc.

Part of the magic of Samurai is that they have the potential to have high contrast internet fades, a grainy washed out texture, or anything in between. It only depends on the wearer's use and aesthetic preference.

How would you compare your S5000VX 21oz, with your S710XX 19oz?

I am biased, as I think the 19 oz denim is the best I ever owned. It feels almost quite as thick as the 21 oz, is a tad slubbier, stiffer and fades so beautiful. I am too short in my 5000 VX to speak about fading abilities.

Edited by Max Power

I gotta ask, How are the fades at the knees like that? Why do they extend way past your knee? And narrow at that? They aslo seem to stop sudden, kind of like a Diesel sand blasted jean.

-Just asking.

I don't get your point? When I kneel down, the part that touches the floor is not only my patella, but also the upper part of my shinbone. In fact it's a 4" straight line from my patella to that part of my shinbone. Dunno if that's common or not. And below that part there are no fades as the jeans don't touch the ground there. I have this on all my jeans...

For example on my Eternals.

DSC01720_zpsf5ea69d7.jpg

Edited by Max Power

I am biased, as I think the 19 oz denim is the best I ever owned. It feels almost quite as thick as the 21 oz, is a tad slubbier, stiffer and fades so beautiful. I am too short in my 5000 VX to speak about fading abilities.

That is my dilemma Max! I too think the 710 19oz are the perfect jeans, but I already have two pairs(710XX, 710BK)... I want to something similar, but not exactly the same...

Cutwise I think the S0500 are perfect, as they are pretty close to the 710. The 5000 is a tade to wide from the knee down IMO.

I'd love to see a limited edition of the 0500 in another denim, as I'm not the biggest fan of how the texas cotton fades. Anyway, I think the 5000VX 17 oz is a good call if you're more into slubby and vintage looking denim, the 21 oz if you prefer the heavy character and can live with a more regular denim. They all are nice and you can't go wrong with any of them;)

Today was my first "official" wear day for my S710xx since the weather has finally gotten cool enough to wear them. Think I've finally decided that a single cuff works best on these, mine don't stack as nicely as Max's.

These are pretty much the perfect slim-straight jeans for my body type (tall and skinny.)

Warning heavy picture post, apologies in advance.

So I ended up trading my S5000vx 24oz. in a 29 for a 21oz. in a size 28. since I sized up too much originally. Not 100% on them yet looking to get some feed back. Here are a few fit pics, will try to get some decent quality ones, once I muster up the courage to ask my roommate to take some of me haha. These are them after about in hour in hot/warm bathtub.

SMVznl.jpg8pJ8kl.jpgEDFHcl.jpglkJIwl.jpgwTxm8l.jpgand here is one I took outside my house of the denim C8Uexl.jpg

Edited by Rightyow77

I bought a pair of sz 33 710s and have hot soaked them. I'm thinking that they still have some shrinking to do because the inseam has only shrunk an inch (was at 39 on the dot and now it's at 38 on the dot). Should I soak them again with hotter water/longer duration or do samurai inseams not shrink as much as other brands? I'm not in love with the fit right now and my thought process is if they have more shrinking to do in the inseam, they have more shrinking to do everywhere else so I need to put off my decision on getting rid of them. Any help would be appreciated.

My 710s. Had them since November of 2011, but I don't really do a lot right now(starting uni in Janurary though so hopefully they get some more wear) so I'm not really sure how many months of wear they have in them.

Forgot to mention, it's a cell phone pic. I'm going to try to get some more pictures with a better camera soon!

p6rZP.jpg

Edited by Ghoul